PDA

View Full Version : Are Breasts Overrated?

darla_g
02-18-2013, 11:09 PM
I ask this question tongue-in-cheek as i was perusing an issue of a European fashion magazine. What has become of the models? There are literally no breasts to speak of.

I guess this trend goes along with all those male androgynous models like Andrej Pejic who are getting rich model women's clothes. (good gig if you can get it)

I dunno if I am so thrilled so not getting rid of the forms yet.

Thoughts?

AltairaMorbius
02-18-2013, 11:13 PM
OMG NO! If I had a pair I'd never leave the house again because I'd be playing with them all the time!

flatlander_48
02-18-2013, 11:15 PM
Sorry, flat is just...

well, flat...

savvy_fudge
02-18-2013, 11:26 PM
It's like any profession where they're looking to get a super low body fat percentage. Many female bodybuilders and athletes have the same issue, no body fat, no breasts or hips or butts.

Jilmac
02-18-2013, 11:34 PM
All those models could be Popeye's goilfriend Olive Oyl. Every one of them are anorexic upholstered skeletons. I love large breasted women with some meat on their bones and they are the ones I love to emulate.

docrobbysherry
02-18-2013, 11:42 PM
Darla, if you're 5' 11" and weigh 115, u don't need breasts or a butt. They would probably look odd on u.

However, most of us here aren't built like that. Personally, while I'm straight up and down like the Twiggy models, I'm 5" 9" and 150 lbs. If I don't want to stand out as a obvious man in a dress, I need figure help. Girdles, corsets, butt/thi pads and forms HELP A LOT!

Buxom Fella
02-19-2013, 12:08 AM
My own opinions should be SLIGHTLY obvious... :">

Jorja
02-19-2013, 12:10 AM
I am not a skinny little toothpick model. I love my breast and totally believe in the old saying, if you got it, flaunt it. ;)

Cheryl T
02-19-2013, 03:46 AM
If I were that thin then I probably wouldn't have breasts either. I can't see a model like that with DD's...it would be ludicrous.
I'll take my C's and be very happy.

Beverley Sims
02-19-2013, 04:58 AM
The new idea is probably liposuction of the breast tissue.

If breasts were over rated why does it devastate women who have to have mastectomies after breast cancer.
Their choice is easy...Lose a breast or lose their lives.
I love what I have and what I can create.
I also think of those who have had to lose them.

Breasts are definitely not over rated.

Jenni Yumiko
02-19-2013, 05:04 AM
Milla jovovich is the only woman excused for having no boobies IMO!

erickka
02-19-2013, 06:25 AM
I sure hope the ta- ta's are hanging around for eons to come! I happen to be a true admirer of a beautiful set of twins! LOL

Erica Marie
02-19-2013, 06:29 AM
Sorry. I do have a preference for small framed small breasted women.

Brenda79135
02-19-2013, 06:58 AM
Clothes models are nothing more than walking clothes hangers. The designers don't want anything taking away from there designs. I read a story about when Sports Illistrated did the first swimsuit modeling. They went out and hired some of these clothes modles and it just didn't look right. The models were told to go put some weight on and fill out. They needed to look more like women instead of walking skelitons. Some of the European contries are now trying to ensure these girls are healthy and are more than clothes hangers.

stephNE
02-19-2013, 07:09 AM
It is one of the things that truely baffles me. I can't figure out why all models are so flat. I think that at least small breasts make the clothing look better and probably more sale-able.

deebra
02-19-2013, 07:15 AM
Hugh Hefner got that one right. Ever see a Playboy Centerfold that's flat chested???? Of course not, that's one of the things that make women beautiful and sexy. What CDer wouldn't want to be a Centerfold, real D's and everything else. If I ever transitioned that would be the first thing (or things (2) I bought. They are the most eye-catching part a woman's body has to offer and they taste good too.

Lisa Gerrie
02-19-2013, 07:27 AM
Hmm, it sounds like some people around here don't care for "boyish" female bodies. Imagine that. :heehee:

Any given person's "hormonal" reaction to seeing breasts is not affected by Fashion. Our brains have identified the perfect size breasts and we know them when we see them. I prefer something around a B cup, myself. They get my primal attention every time, and there's nothing I can do about it. Unfortunately C matches my body better.

-- MS

kimdl93
02-19-2013, 08:03 AM
I don't see myself as a super thin fashion model. These women have many beautiful attributes. while the absence of discernible breasts doesn't diminish that,it's not a look I want to emulate.

BLUE ORCHID
02-19-2013, 09:00 AM
Hi Darla, They can have my Ds' when they pull them of my cold dead body.

Maria S
02-19-2013, 09:08 AM
Don't want them small, don't want them big. Just want a pair that look the normal size that I would have been lucky to get if I had been female.

Maria

darla_g
02-19-2013, 09:11 AM
As I mentioned at the start of this thread the comment was made tongue-in-cheek, and I by no means wish to disparage any GG's slight of frame and breast size. I just think this is the fashion industry doing women an extreme disservice in terms of perpetuating an ideal of what is beauty.

I found some points at an article (http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/01/most-models-meet-criteria-for-anorexia-size-6-is-plus-size-magazine/) I found and am quoting. Most runway models meet the body mass index criteria for anorexia. Twenty years ago, the average fashion model weighed 8 percent less than the average woman. Today, she weighs 23 percent less, it said. Half of women wear a size 14 or larger, but most standard clothing outlets cater to sizes 14 or smaller, it said.

Model Beverly Johnson told ABC News she was between a size 4 and 6 at the height of her career two decades ago. She wasn’t surprised to learn that meant she could almost be considered plus-size today. “I think the whole obsession of being thin — I see more women and sometimes men that are super, super thin than in any time in history,” she said.
“My daughter is a plus-size model,” she added, “and she’s one of my heroes because she’s one of the warriors that are going out and saying, ‘Listen, we need to embrace our bodies and love our bodies as they are.’”

My whole point is this all leads to an unhealthy idea of what one's body type should be. and from an unscientific personal survey of magazine photos it is the high fashion type magazines (eg Vogue) that seem to perpetuate this idea more than magazines more for the common woman (eg Allure).

Danielle_cder
02-19-2013, 09:28 AM
defiantly not over rated! breasts are pretty important they dont have to be massive but some definition is good;)

bobbimo
02-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Breasts make the image complete for me.
I have tried dresses on that I thought i would like, and with out the upper shape they are nothing.
As for the flat chested models.. well they look beautiful, but they have LOTS of very feminine features going for them, that most of us dont. :-)
Bobbi

TGMarla
02-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Are breasts over-rated? I dunno....I still like 'em.

Jennifer in CO
02-19-2013, 09:44 AM
waaay back when I began taking hormones I was a 28 inch stick. As I began to grow breasts, they were my "defining moment" in becoming more lady-like. All the bras with padding and the like couldn't replace the actual feeling of a pair of "A's" then "B's" as they continued to grow. On my skinny frame, a pair of "B's" almost looked like bumper bullets. As they got closer to "C" (never actually got there) I was beginning to get scared that I was going to look like my Mom afterall (D's).

I think the idea for the fashion industry is that if the "XYZ" outfit looks this good on a board, then just think of what it will look like on you!

I can't remember where I read it, but I seem to remember that Andrej is taking hormones "just to get some definition" the artical said.

Jenn

Marlana
02-19-2013, 10:03 AM
Super skinny models have no breasts and if you really look at them, they don't look happy. Look at a woman who is larger than a 14 and you will see a real woman. Breasts are so not over rated. I personally would be happy with C-DD. It's what looks natural on my frame.

Frédérique
02-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Are Breasts Overrated?

Any connection between fashion models and REAL women is purely coincidental...:straightface:

Are breasts overrated? Try to imagine a world without them...:sad:

danielleinbr
02-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Absolutely not!! I think that most high fashions models look that way because they are basically walking coat hangers to show off whatever outfit the designer puts on them. Their body shape is very uncommon, definitely not that of a typical person. So let them wear the outfit for the runway, then if it goes to production and the designers want to sell some, I am willing to bet they will make the top a little more roomy :)
Danielle

Veronnie2
02-19-2013, 12:39 PM
I hate to say this, but my lil A cup boobs are just fine for me. Years ago when I was on the hormones and they grew I was elated. They stopped growing but have still remained very sensitve to touch and feel. Yes, there are times when I wish they were bigger, but I am happy with what I got. I guess I have to say, I am jealous when I see a well endowed gurl, but I have to ask, are they real? And I agree a lot of the models we see, are stick girls. It is comforting to see that I may have as much of a chest as them. Veronnie2

Eve II
02-19-2013, 03:50 PM
OMG - NO I love my "girls" rubbing them, having them "jiggle" when I'm not expecting it, plus I crave wearing my different bras.

Joanne f
02-19-2013, 04:55 PM
It's all about the perfect pattern , it is so much easier working with a flat pattern that one that you have to put darts and tucks into , it would make some designs not look perfect , but are they over rated , maybe I need to do some research on that ,now where can I get my hands on some for research purpose's :)

Dana L
02-19-2013, 05:51 PM
Breasts are definatly not overated! The fashion industry never seems to get it right, in the eighty's it was exploiting huge breasts and women flocked to get implants. Now they're exploiting super skinny girls so women are obsessed with dieting. The fasion industy just seems to go to the extreams. I take what think is beautiful with a grain of salt. I love my wife's dd's and my almost b's and would never give them up and would someday like to have c's or d's.

Jodi Anne
02-19-2013, 06:28 PM
Crap! I am always out of style, as I start to grow mine, women are going to get rid of them. You know what they say a day late a dollar short.

busker
02-19-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm just guessing here but I think it has MORE to do with DESIGN than with flat chests per se If you look at Vogue patterns or the other companies, you'll see that women shouldn't be taller than 5'6" for these patterns, a size 8 has a 31 1/2 bust minus the cup size and you are talking small chests. Size 20 dress (still 5'6" tall) has a 42 " bust - cup size= but this person is going to be stout with a 44" hip. clean lines are what designers WANT, clothes that fit are what consumers want. These are almost mutually exclusive desires. Imagine the gal in large checks with a 42 inch bust--yikes!

Dana, this may actually change as several European countries have now passed laws outlawing anorexic models so you may start see more busty women, but again,clean design lines are what these fashion people really want. Custom design is made for women like Sophia Loren and Brigette Bardot and other women who are busty.

Jessica86
02-19-2013, 08:35 PM
No, they are not. I would LOVE to be either one of these women.....yet...they are not viewed as super model material. Girls, stop starving yourselves! No guy likes a girl that looks like a stick. That's why so many celebrities get divorced. Too obsessed with looking like everyone else.

Annie D
02-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Clothes look so much better on a women with smaller breasts. Remember that the designer is trying to sell his style of clothing not whether the model is attractive or not so therefore most of the models are relatively the same size and shape.

To answer your question; are breasts overrated.......absolutely not!

darla_g
02-20-2013, 09:03 AM
Clothes look so much better on a women with smaller breasts.
I don't know that I would agree with that point. I think there are clothes that are designed and intended to accentuate a woman's bosom area and you certainly notice what SHE is wearing and of course her ample bust. and designers could make even a token effort to try and create fashionable clothing for over a size 14, they just don't care to.

I think for these high-end designers (eg Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Givenchy ) for which I cherry picked some pictures they don't want you thinking about a model's physical attributes and as one person might have said these models are nothing more than walking clothing hangars. How many fashion shows have you noticed where either the hair styles or the makeup choices are incredibly bizarre?

So as CDs what does this tell us? The responses are pretty evident. Breasts are still king....er queen!

jackielou
02-20-2013, 11:19 AM
i now have DDD almost f/g breast and i love them they are heavy with very sensitive nipples all natural no implants ,i love the look and feel of them on my chest and the way they bounce when i wear certain bras my GG knows i have breast and is ok with them as long as i have a shirt on over my bra she cant quite make herself look at me in a bra but she has on occasion and told me i have to much projection or my breast look ok ,i love her and hope to marry her one day we wear the same panties and she sometimes ask me for bra advice

sometimes_miss
02-20-2013, 12:54 PM
I don't know about that; my copy of the christmas victoria's secret catalog, their tv special, glamour and cosmo magazine show some really, really nice models with great breasts. There are often some models out there that are overly slim, but they're not all like that. My fav right now, Nina Agdal, was quite slim a few years ago but like most girls, has 'filled out' a bit as she got older.

Janet77
02-20-2013, 01:22 PM
Slightly OT, but I am pretty slim, and I bought breast forms, choosing the size based on the video instructions on the website I bought them from. I never felt comfortable with them on, actually felt kinda ridiculous when I wore them, and I have since sold them and just wear a padded bra now. I think the boob size has to match the body frame, whether for GG's or for CDs.

JaniceP
02-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Maybe for GG's they are, but not for me.

I have a beautiful pair of silicone breast forms with nipples and the correct weight for (C cup). They jiggle when I walk, skip or run, especially while wearing a Bra without underwiring.
Before I had these FEMININE forms, other padding was just that-padding with no personallity at all.
When I slip these into my Bra I become more Girlish and act more in aFEMININE manner.

IngeInCO
02-20-2013, 02:00 PM
Definitely not overrated but preferences are. I love smaller breasts so I'm in the minority. I will say that proportion is important though, everyone has a unique body! I tend to like athletic and fit people, usually women have smaller breasts. Don't get me wrong I always take a look no matter the size!

Stephanie Miller
02-20-2013, 02:33 PM
I couldn't help but notice that the Gg's were suspiciously quiet in this thread with thier viewpoints. :whistling:
With breast augmentation staying in #1 spot again in 2012 for cosmetic surgical procedures (286,000 in U.S.)- I find it hard to believe that there isn't at least one Gg on this board that has a comment.
I know why they are important to me. How about you? Size matter? Would you be devistated to loose them, now that you've had them? (Not talking because of medical reasons - just hypothetical mind you). Helps confirm femininity?
Just thinking out loud here. :confused:

Annaliese2010
02-20-2013, 03:09 PM
I have nothing against breastforms, wear them myself sometimes for sure. But I never felt I needed them as a way of expression and actually, was pressured into getting them way back when. Never thought they were necessary though and was always a bit (not a lot, but somewhat) uncomfortable with the fact of their artificiality. I like myself au natural. My own lil titties are cute enough, what with their prominent nipples, just a fact. They are lovely (IMHO) and feel sexier when free to breathe unencumbered; under there brushing against the top fabric of a tight fitting dress, loose blouse or the sheerness of bedtime lingere.

I feel more real and authentic that way. Having a smooth body EV-erywhere, accentuating the positive, the good features blessed, full lips, hourglass waistline...is in keeping with what is genuine & mine all mine. Also, maintaining good health and a nice figure; being instyle with makeup & clothing trends is all fun and fine. But that's the real Me. The bare truth. Organic. Clean. Streaming from something essential, well rooted within. Which is quite different from the 'wearing of' breasts.

That said, I'm the first to admit how the superficial 'look' or eye-candy image breastforms project is awesome, in a sense. Like...how many times have I, without forethought, become in a mirror self enthralled? Against my will, seduced. It's shameful on the one hand, shameless on the other. One moment captivated by my own allure, resisting (thinking "oh no, so wrong"). But one moment leads to another then another. Soon falling from grace. Inevitably surrendering to the insistance of hands that are no longer mine. As if with a mind of their own, they feel & pet, push & pull; exploring the mystery of who I am, have become or always was & will be to the end. Performing all manner of private deeds. Bringing me to my nylon knees. When ironically it all leads to their coming off, bare breasted instead. Writhing on the floor or bed, the achy insistance of real skin. Firm & pointed yearning for...more & more.

Amen

PrincessLuLu
02-20-2013, 03:25 PM
I hate to say this, but my lil A cup boobs are just fine for me.
*high five for small boobs!*

Clothes models are nothing more than walking clothes hangers.

This. They're mannequins that move.

I think little boobs are just as nice as big boobs. I just find it sort of depressing to see girls that are obviously not at a good weight for their body type. They would look even prettier with a little squish to them. Just wanna make them some biscuits or something....

You also have to think that ~high fashion~ isn't really marketed towards the average person. Most of the clothes are just as ridiculous and impractical as the models' bodies in my opinion.

Jayne
02-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Breasts are certainly not over rated.
If I had them I would be over the moon.
Women are so lucky to have nice skin, great figures and great breasts :)
All the make up and nice clothes and fantastic choice of under wear not to mention shoes.....

I ask this question tongue-in-cheek as i was perusing an issue of a European fashion magazine. What has become of the models? There are literally no breasts to speak of.

I guess this trend goes along with all those male androgynous models like Andrej Pejic who are getting rich model women's clothes. (good gig if you can get it)

I dunno if I am so thrilled so not getting rid of the forms yet.

Thoughts?

MsCheri
02-20-2013, 06:50 PM
Have come to love the "jigglyness: on my humps, my humps, my lovely lady bumps. don't miss the itchieness of getting them though!

AllyCDTV
02-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Breasts are not over rated but breast size is. I much prefer small to medium natural breasts to grossly over-sized, silicon-enhanced monstrosities.

Rachelakld
02-20-2013, 07:22 PM
While I enjoy watching the wabble, some are just intimidating.
I made large breast forms when I was 97Kg, and they are still fun for creating a scene, but now I'm 70Kg I tend to just wear pushup bras

Gretchen_To_Be
02-20-2013, 09:45 PM
Wow, Annaliese, that was an engrossing post. I was panting toward the end there!

I suppose beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Since forever I have been attracted to a woman with great legs who is not afraid to show them in hose and heels, then I notice the face and hair, and breasts have never really entered into the equation. Therefore my CD efforts to date have focused on legs, hose, heels, skirts, etc. I have 30 pairs of hose, 9 pair of heels, multiple skirts and dresses, but not a single bra. It just doesn't matter to me.

Melanie Therese
02-21-2013, 01:35 AM
Definitely not overrated. I LOVE small boobs!!! But, for me to dress I need bigger to be proportional, I have man boobs but bigger helps me look more femme.

My wife has had weight loss surgery and working well, she will likely need surgery to tighten a few things up and already put my request in for her to get a reduction.

vivianann
02-21-2013, 04:03 AM
Oh no., they are not overrated I love breasts, big ones

sometimes_miss
02-21-2013, 07:40 AM
Milla jovovich is the only woman excused for having no boobies IMO!

Are you missing something? I'd hardly call that 'no boobies'. She's slim, sure. But no boobies? I think not. Small pic attached to avoid bandwidth problems.

zorianacd
02-21-2013, 11:30 AM
In a word, yes. I spent the money on forms early on in my crossdressing life and thought that breasts completed the look. I have a broad enough chest anyway and breasts just make me look more top heavy. I went down to a minimally padded bra but now I don't wear anything. My pecs are about an A/B cup. I prefer designer labels and most of dresses kind of fit boyish looking models.

Wendrme
02-21-2013, 11:37 AM
Of course breasts are not overrated. Mine are rated B and I wish they were a C. Breasts are the only thing(s) which get better as their grade goes down.
These "flat chested" models are just not trying. Hell most of us Gurls around here can be a lot more female than those twigs.
So, girls, push out your chest and be proud of your boobies and fill that gown like it should be. Women are not pipe cleaners.

Candice Mae
02-21-2013, 07:01 PM
I wish I could work out with out having to wear a clammy sweaty sports bra, but even at my size support is necessary. I wish I could go swimming as well, wearing a shirt is great for covering them up. Until it gets wet, then I might as well enter a wet t-shirt contest or just wear a bikini. I have thought about getting them removed, but I wonder if I did would I regret it and end up getting implants. When you have your own there over rated IMO, cause unless your gonna flaunt them. There just fat bouncing around on your chest that needs the support of a not all that comfortable bra.

christym
02-21-2013, 09:40 PM
Skinny girls are hot!

Zaftig girls are hot!

Short girls are hot!

Tall girls are very hot!

(Thank goodness there's a size for all of us)

Breasts are nice to have!

Angela Campbell
02-21-2013, 09:46 PM
I am pretty sure the reason these models have small breasts is not eating enough chocolate. You see I have never met a girl who didn't like chocolate and I am convinced it is what makes the breasts grow.....Hersheys is my favorite.

Diversity
02-21-2013, 10:51 PM
From my perspective, breasts are phenomonal! The shapes, the way they can change a woman's appearance in a variety of clothing, the cleavage is so very attractive, I can go on and on and on about how wonderful an attribute they are to a woman. This does not mean they have to be huge, as they can be small, or large, but it's the way a woman dresses around her breasts, and the way she uses them as a sensual and attractive part of her body, that makes them so appealing.
Sure its difficult with flat chested women, but with the right clothing and assessories, flat chested women can create an aura and use them to her advantage.
I truly believe that all women can use their breasts, in a most attractive and pleasing way in any situation she desires.
Di

Shananigans
02-22-2013, 12:25 AM
Those models look like they have the "ideal" body to me, but I do realize that I've been told that I need to look like a 10 year old boy to be beautiful. However, even though I have a small frame, I play up my curves. I feel as if a lot of these photos are downplaying curves as they look to be giving a nod to the Twiggy fashion era.

But, it's a little awkward because I usually find myself more sexually attracted to curvier girls. I don't really think models look very sexually attractive anymore...even the Victoria's Secret models are just very thin...and, kind of muscular. They look pretty awful when you put them next to a picture of Cindy Crawford in the height of her modeling career. And, I tend to find myself more attracted to girls that are thin, but still have a feminine figure. But, I empathize with girls that are intentionally rail thin...I know that at the first sign of fat, I start freaking out. And, you kind of get to a point where you're not even sure what "fat" is anymore. So, being a woman, I'd never say a word to a woman I was attracted to about "breasts being under or overrated"...trying to match up to what is highly rated is what got us into this mess to begin with... The last girl I was just basically over the moon for (long story there) had the perfect body. She was like a size 8, thin and fit...but, had proportional curves that were just..."tight"...I can't think of any other word. But, I'd die a little inside when she would be standing in front of the mirror, pinching her thighs and talking about how she was going on a cabbage soup diet. And, when she lost the 5 pounds from the cabbage soup, she would be back in the mirror saying her bra was loose...her "boobs were gone"...and, researching boob jobs. I just wish she would have left herself alone, but she was basically caught in this conflict of trying to reach this standard if skinny...but, then, having to meet another unreasonable unexpectation of being skinny with big boobs because that's what "guys like." And, ironically, I found myself in a similar situation about 3 years later...but, I could honestly give a rat's behind about being what men want.

So, it's a really hard time for girls right now...we get a lot of conflicting messages. And, seriously, TRY not to break women down into a contest of their body parts...it's really very terrible. I do admit that I love boobs too, but there's a person attached to them...and, really, that person is the only thing that matters...not the size of their bra. And, giving a thumbs up or thumbs down system to her body parts only turns her into this thing to be attractive for you...you vote yay for breasts, so get big tits to be hot. It kind of takes the whole focus away from the person and puts it back on body modification...and, women are pretty much modifying and remodifying their bodies to the point if destruction to meet the demands of sexual attraction.

But, also, the number of "originally straight women" that just got fed up with men and switched sides is growing at an astronomical rate. I swear when I was single there were no bi girls...and, now, it seems pretty common to see girls that I may have seen 6 months ago with a dude, in a committed relationship with another girl. And, it's weird that they like woke up...they spent so long chasing after guys and bending over backwards to be exactly what he desired for sex...and, then, they woke up and were like, "Why the heck am I chasing him?" A huge factor for me to be in a heterosexual relationship was so that I could have a family...but, I guess you don't really need a man for that anymore. So, if I were a single bi girl right now, I'd probably not know what to do with myself...but, I would definitely strongly encourage men to keep pissing girls off and rating the importance of the size of their body parts. I would honestly dog you all day and be right there to catch them and say, "Yep, and guys won't change...but, I personally think your beautiful." Winning.

But, someone is at it because I nearly choked at the "growth rate" of the lesbian/bi girl population. I informed my SO after it was mentioned in my LGBQT group, and I think he saw the wheels spinning... But, it's also good things for us because I have a hard time going out as a lesbian couple...I'm not used to it being okay. So, good things...just...different...it's a whole new arena getting hit on regularly by girls. And, it's really weird hearing this whole "new mindset" of being so over worrying about being what men want and finally being open to women (who many new girls see as more sensitive). And, this is largely the case...rarely do I have many conversations with my lesbian friends about what size body parts we prefer. But, I also know some lesbians that seem to be awkwardly compensating and will act/talk like stereotypical men do to prove themselves (I guess).

Hopefully, this trend progresses and there's less tolerance from women to be told to be anything other than their natural, healthy selves. Because, really, a confidant girl that is happy, natural, and healthy is so beautiful that I could care less about her bra size. Big boobs are easy to find...but, girls like That used to be rather rare. Not so much anymore.

As it stands, I'm firmly committed to my SO, who (when en femme) is the most beautiful girl ever, flat chested or not. And, when not en femme is still the most beautiful person to me because he's one of those people that just radiates something natural and happy.

But, I have to at least offer a little perspective here...remark on how certain discussions can be destructive, so on and so forth.... Though...I guess that really my intentions are more for the sanity of women and not so much that I want to stop a sudden surge in the number of lesbians/bi women in this world.

I Am Paula
02-22-2013, 01:44 AM
The only thing I have to say to runway models. 'Grow a pair!'-Celeste

Ezekiel
02-22-2013, 01:58 AM
When I get on hormones I don't think I will be worried about growing large breasts. I'm more concerned about getting wider hips so yes in my opinion breasts are overrated.

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Not in my book they aren't. I have natural 38C and would be miserable without them. I only wish my wife would let me get a breast lift so I could perk them up a little, for now I have to use tape underneath to do the lifting.

AllyCDTV
02-22-2013, 01:54 PM
I am pretty sure the reason these models have small breasts is not eating enough chocolate. You see I have never met a girl who didn't like chocolate and I am convinced it is what makes the breasts grow.....Hersheys is my favorite.I'm not so sure about your theory regarding chocolate. If that were the case, I'd be sporting a pair of G cups by now.

Jessica86
02-23-2013, 09:56 AM
So, if I were a single bi girl right now, I'd probably not know what to do with myself...but, I would definitely strongly encourage men to keep pissing girls off and rating the importance of the size of their body parts. I would honestly dog you all day and be right there to catch them and say, "Yep, and guys won't change...but, I personally think your beautiful." Winning.

Sorry, but your post was the most sexist thing I have ever read. Flip it. Girls judge guys off of the size of their parts too. Big shoulders. Tall figure. Big...other things. Girls not being "approved?" Please. Guys have it the hardest. Girls have to look good....to a guy...which we are all different. Guys have to look good also. They also must be financially secure. Also, they must go through a personality check with each girl they meet. After that, a compatibility check with their family, which all girls think is important. So, who has the list? I do not see anything against someone picking out someone because they have attractive features they like. If everyone liked just one thing, tall girls would never find a mate. Big girls too. Truth be told that all guys like different things. I just don't see why being sexist is the answer. Read these posts. Guys are more "out there" than anything.

rita63
02-23-2013, 10:38 AM
Are breasts over rated, they can be. Back in the S the biggest band size was used in hype for burlesque and movie stars, with the former sometimes quantity did not mean quality form and line are beauty. Surgical techniques were not what they are now. Among the GGs I work with there has been breast enlargement and reduction for mainly health reasons. Womens bodies are not natural or real any more they are a chemical surgical product. I prefer to just be myself, drab or femme its all me.

hugs rita

Brenda Freeman
02-23-2013, 11:08 AM
For me when I dress I do not feel or look complete with out adding breat forms. Mine are not large but are a size that gives me the look I like plus depending on the outfit I can get a litttle cleavage which gives me a wonderful feeling when I see them on me! I am sure everyone has their own personal view of what makes them look good. Its amazing what some of us do to get the look we want! But I have fun doing it!

Jenniferathome
02-23-2013, 12:15 PM
Catwalks are not the same as everyday. Anorexic models don't represent the real world. Women have breasts. Some small some large but "flat" is not a look taking the world by storm. Women have an incredible shape and part of that shape are breasts.

LilSissyStevie
02-23-2013, 01:10 PM
I once read about an anthropologist that was trying to find out about the sex lives of women belonging to some pre-industrial tribe. (This seems to be an enduring obsession of anthropologists.) She was describing to these tribal women how Western men were infatuated with women's breasts and wondering if their men were similar. The women couldn't believe it. They were rolling on the ground laughing hysterically. "You mean like babies??" LOL!

I've always been attracted to flat chested girls. But not skinny ones. I like girls with tiny waists, wide hips and thick legs - the classic pear shape.:worship:

jeanine38
02-23-2013, 05:00 PM
I've wondered about this from the perspective of transitioning. Once someone who is MTF has breasts and now has to wear a bra (as opposed to doing it for fun while CDing), does the perspective towards breasts and bras change?

Julogden
02-23-2013, 05:39 PM
My theory is that all the gay male clothing designers have been choosing models who look like feminine boys all along, so models like Andrej Pejic are just the natural progression of things. If you want to emulate the models, then you don't need forms, but if you want to emulate females, then you need a bra and something to fill it out at least a bit.

Carol

Shananigans
02-23-2013, 06:24 PM
Sorry, but your post was the most sexist thing I have ever read. Flip it. Girls judge guys off of the size of their parts too. Big shoulders. Tall figure. Big...other things. Girls not being "approved?" Please. Guys have it the hardest. Girls have to look good....to a guy...which we are all different. Guys have to look good also. They also must be financially secure. Also, they must go through a personality check with each girl they meet. After that, a compatibility check with their family, which all girls think is important. So, who has the list? I do not see anything against someone picking out someone because they have attractive features they like. If everyone liked just one thing, tall girls would never find a mate. Big girls too. Truth be told that all guys like different things. I just don't see why being sexist is the answer. Read these posts. Guys are more "out there" than anything.

Well, I'm sorry that it's sexist...fact of the matter is that when I say, "I would definitely strongly encourage men to keep pissing girls off and rating the importance of the size of their body parts," I am noting the fact that this is more or less the manifestation of that going on right here by a few people in this thread. It IS quite sexist...an astute observation...but, it's the observation that I was also trying to make.

I will also say that the logic of "Well, THEY do it, so therefore it's okay if WE do it" is slightly immature and a poor foundation of debate. I do not disagree with you that many women judge men, but it's not a group of women judging men that I am addressing here in this thread...if this WERE a thread of women rating the importance of male parts, I would probably give them the same speech.

Furthermore, judgement on body parts, money, or personality traits is certainly a system that we use to choose potential partners. However, people go about it in different ways. To me, I try to look at the whole picture of the person...others, use a rating system as if you were bidding on buying a horse, and I find that ultimately barbaric.

You make the argument that, "I do not see anything against someone picking out someone because they have attractive features they like." But, this really isn't the motivation here...if I met someone that I was interested in dating, I might weight the pros and cons...I may even ask my friends what they thought of him/her. However, again, this is not the motivation that has manifested in this thread (though I believe the OP had not anticipated some replies)...in this thread, we are essentially getting a tally for ALL women on whether big boobs are in or not. We are not talking about an individual that we may or may not date. I don't think there is much mention of this as a DATING requirement, so much as a viewing-appreciation requirement. If it is a dating requirement...well, lol...you should probably keep that to yourself if you want a second date. I don't say that as sexist, so much as I say that as a fact...you could try it out a few times and get back to me. So, in knowing many young girls that are struggling with body issues, I say that it would be nice if these types of ratings would take a back seat.

You are correct that many young men are also having issues with feeling like they have to measure up to certain standards. I also think that is quite awful. We SHOULD stress that individual preference is key and that no two people are the same...but, instead we are seeing if there is a majority of who likes big tits. This isn't quite stressing the individual preference that you were keen on addressing.

And, again, since many young men ARE having issues with feeling inadequate in certain areas, I ask you how effective (or damaging) the logic is that "THEY do it, so what harm is it if WE do it too?" Does it seem to be helping both men and women, or does it bring both down in a somewhat vindictive manner?

But, do correct me if I am wrong.

JustCarole
02-23-2013, 07:12 PM
As a middle aged GG/SO, I can tell you breasts are overrated. That's not to say I'm impressed with the shape mine have taken on of late, but it's interesting to me the attention my husband pays to his own. It totally transforms his personality when dressing, as if to say "Voila! NOW I'm a woman with these dble ff's", yet he is not a 'boob lover' on women & seems to care less (or maybe he's just been telling me that to make me feel better!). Huh, I wonder if other CDs are the same? Is there a correlation between what they find attractive on women/wives & what they strive for in their own dressing or are CDs aiming for the hyper female only for their own imageing? And where does this 'target image' come from? If you don't expect such curves & lushiousness from the 'real women' in your life, what makes you think that's what you need to achieve in your own styling to be feminine? Alas, now men know the pressure!

Michelle13
02-23-2013, 11:25 PM
I love having breasts, but I don't think that they need to be double Ds like some people seem to think so.

Jessica86
02-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Furthermore, judgement on body parts, money, or personality traits is certainly a system that we use to choose potential partners.

So, which should we be looking at? Guys looking for a partner based on their looks, or this above? The above seems worse to me.....that's where I am going. This thread is pointless. It will be split and we all know it. Glad you admit you are sexist. I do get tired of seeing fingers pointed at the males on the site when there are other issues at work. Sometimes, we just gotta speak up.

Raychel
02-24-2013, 10:34 AM
I like breast, no doubt about it, Thank god for giving them to women.
But I also have to say that what Shananigans has to say is very real
The breast have a much more important part attached to them, The people behind
them are the true attraction to me. If the are pleasing to look at that is just a bonus.

So for me it is the mind and soul first, then if you get lucky you get a real looker as well:daydreaming:.

ReluctantDebutant
02-24-2013, 11:07 AM
I think at the end of the day Breast are overrated. They are just like all physical attributes for both sexes. Sure the women in Playboy and the men in Playgirl will look the same a decade in, a decade out. But the teenage guys I used to have the who's the hottest debates with have now all found girlfriends and wives whom they love and connect with based on personality. So no in the end Breast don't matter for real life.

But for fantasy. As a CDer I went for the bigger breastforms and wanted bigger still. I think it might have been overcompensation "how could this be a male form with such a Huge chest?" but CDing is all about the fantasy

stephNE
03-07-2013, 08:33 AM
I happend to see a comic that emphasizes probably how the public perceives the importance of breasts. I know this is poor taste, and may offend some. So I apologize to all.