PDA

View Full Version : Sisters

Tania D
02-19-2013, 01:19 PM
I have posted before how more accepting my SO has become and we had this converstion at the weekend. Whilst cleaning up in the kitchen I cleaned a work top she had already done and she commented 2 women in 1 kitchen does not work.

We talked afterwards and she said she sees us as sisters now (the pysical side diminished after the kids were born) and she knows I would prefer to be a woman but money, kids and a health issue means surgery is not an option. Going forward she is ok with me being a woman on the inside although I might still be presenting as male a lot of the time ( the kids dont know). We went shopping afterwards and it felt different, she acted like we were 2 girls out together. I am happy with this arrangment but was wondering if anyone else has a similar home life

Persephone
02-19-2013, 04:22 PM
Isn't it wonderful, Tania!

My spouse and I are like that. We call ourselves "sister's in law" and when asked we explain that she is married to my twin brother. We do most things together and are members of women's social groups and the like.

She does, however, say that there are times when she really misses her husband. I completely understand and it makes me feel bad, so once in a while we still do stuff as husband and wife, but more and more we're having to sneak out of town to do that!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Rogina B
02-19-2013, 09:39 PM
That is the way it usually goes...the relationship DOES change into a more sisterly thing.Unfortunately,there is something we give up in order to have an open homelife. My experience anyway.

Rachelakld
02-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Ummm. A life without cuddles, a life without physical intamacy. Very brave and certainly not a life I could chose.
I hope it works out for you.

allesha10
02-19-2013, 09:52 PM
Tania, that is so wonderful that your So is so understanding and accepting. I am working slowly on my wife, just came out to her last Friday. Would love to be able to talk as candidly as you do with your SO.

mmarmstrong
02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
While I respect and admire both you and even more so your SO for her support, I have to agree with Rachelakld - not something I'd want from my SO but again - whatever works, we're all different!! :)

Beverley Sims
02-19-2013, 11:11 PM
I have a relationship similar but we do have intimacy and physical interaction.

I Am Paula
02-20-2013, 01:00 AM
My wife and I live as two women. Sometimes it can clash, other times we click. Gee...just like a regular marriage. There IS a different dynamic in a two girl household, that still somehow centers around garbage day. -Celeste

Tania D
02-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Rachelakld
We still hug and kiss on the cheek, but the pysical side stopped after the kids were born and had nothing to do with my desire to be a woman. It kind of stopped due to the stress and hardwork bringing up 3 kids. After they got older my dressing had become more regular and our conversations were always on a 2 girls format so we kind of evolved into the sisterly role.

kimdl93
02-21-2013, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't say "sisters" in the case of my wife and I. We're far from the historically traditional m/f couple. We are very supportive of each other and share the responsibilities of maintaining our relationship, meeting our family obligations, keeping up our home and our finances....very much a 50:50 partnership. There are some areas where I have knowledge/skills that she doesn't have and vice versa. I can fix most things, for example, and so I do, for example.

Unlike some couples, we remain quite active on an intimate level, and without giving TMI, we largely relate to each other as two women in that respect as well. (although as my friend Shana says, its really just two people being intimate, without much thought to gender at that point.

biggirlsarah
02-21-2013, 01:32 PM
I am fortunate in the fact that my wife knew Sarah before she ever met Colin, so my dressing has never been an issue, we have been married for 10 years and in August I suffered a stroke, this resulted in me having my heavy goods licence entitlement being revoked , and me being unable to work in my previous job, and as my wife works full time I have taken on the role of wife, she goes off to work and I am at home doing the washing ironing cooking cleaning etc, mind you I do get to dress all the time so for me it is working out really well , although she does sometimes come home after a day at work , get changed into something more comfortable and sit down on the laptop doing her facebook games thingy, whilst I'm have to get dinner ready.
Mind you I really like making something really special for dinner sometimes , to show her how much I really love her.