PDA

View Full Version : The bearded lady flys

Paulette
02-19-2013, 06:10 PM
Tis past week I flew to Phoenix for another session of electrolysis at Senza Pelo Med Spa. In preparation for the treatment I had to grow my beard out for 5 days. So here I am wearing my yoga pants, Cami, panties, underwire bra, girl watch, ear rings and a bracelet. I take off my girl coat and shoes and place them in the bin along with my purse and approach the X-ray machine. Stepping in I take the position and the machine scans me and the TSA agent asks me to step out. As I am stepping out she says I must have hit the wrong button, just step forward and he will check your watch. The male TSA agent has me turn my wrist showing all sides of the watch and he then says you can leave mam. So the bearded lady steps happily on her way to three full days of electrolysis ( I will post about that later in the transsexual section). On the return flight I paid attention to the screen the agent touches and noticed that they have to specify gender before the scan. I am sure the first agent saw the beard and just hit male but when the X-ray indicated my breast area she realized that I was presenting actually as female. I was not wearing make up as I went right to spa upon landing, and leaving I could not wear makeup as my whole face had been treated and it has to heal for a couple of day before you use makeup.

Beverley Sims
02-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Paulette, this is just one part of the difficult path down the road to transition, I am pleased you were able to handle it well and talk about it.
The bearded lady flies is so apt.
I hope the next stumbling block is no more difficult.