PDA

View Full Version : What was your first make over experience like?

cdtraveler
02-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Just scheduled. My first ever make over session for tomorrow. Very very excited but not having been out dressed much am quite nervous. What was your first make over experience like? Am having the session at a stand alone MAC store.

Lorileah
02-19-2013, 07:28 PM
Wow this could be a short book for me. :)

I scheduled it and my GF accompanied me to the store. I had two outfits, one was a lacy purple skin tight number, the other a gold and black conservative cocktail dress. It was wonderful! about 10 photos of each and then dinner afterward. However it was also nerve wracking. My photog is very well known here in Denver and he is very good. I was twisted and torqued and bent in positions I didn't know could happen. But the thing is I could "see" that if I worked at it I could look really good :)

Have fun

ArleneRaquel
02-19-2013, 07:30 PM
No makeover as of yet. I had been scheduled twice at Transformationsbyrori, but illness prevent me from keeping the date and I had to cancel. The last date was over 2 years ago, so I should get a makeover soon.

Mikkigurll
02-19-2013, 07:32 PM
I had mine a Merle Norman store in a shopping mall near my home. Everything went very well. At the end, I purchased a beard cover. As I was paying for it, the SA's boyfriend was there and she referred to me using my male name. He did a double take. I guess she outted me.

Christie ann
02-19-2013, 09:08 PM
it was awesome. Back in the late 80's at a department store in Boston. I had hair back then and much smoother skin...

Sallee
02-19-2013, 09:12 PM
I had one done in Studio City by Jim Bridges which was great since it was my first I have had several since then that I though were better, but he did teach me some good tricks
Makeovers are always great. Get pictures LOL

stacycoral
02-19-2013, 09:19 PM
:) My first one was in Denver back in 2010 by Studio Lites in Denver, :battingeyelashes:the lady did a great job on me,:eek: i love the look, did not get to go out and be a woman that day, but enjoy the 220 miles drive home, It was a fun trip home, and worth every dollar,:D

Beverley Sims
02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
With so much makeup on I thought my face would crack when I smiled.
I did look awesome, I was 17.
Went to the pictures with a group of girls and then a sleep over at one of the girls homes.

mmarmstrong
02-19-2013, 09:55 PM
good luck to you. I'd love to hear how it goes!!

Scheduled one about two years ago but flight was delayed and had to cancel...would love to see what is possible from a professional perspective. Hopefully some day...

Rachel Morley
02-20-2013, 12:55 AM
It was awesome. I had a full face makeover at the stand-alone Pro MAC store on Union Street in San Francisco. It was a birthday present from my wife. She called ahead and told them that she was calling on behalf of her husband, who is a crossdresser, and could she bring me in, in girl mode for a makeover. They said that thay have had lots of CDers come in for a make over and it was no problem at all. During the whole time the guy Glenn who did my makeover treated me like a woman and called me Rachel and he talked me through what he was doing and also gave me application tips and other helpful advice. You're going to love it!

Chickhe
02-20-2013, 01:06 AM
How did it go? ...I did one at Mac a long time ago and it was enjoyable although I was pretty scared at the time. I woul dnot say the results were 100% perfect, but the experience was still good. It was worth getting the correct foundation. They did spend extra time with me and treated me well..worth doing it at least once in your lifetime!

sonna
02-20-2013, 01:12 AM
my first make over is what got a fire lite under me after that i now go everywhere dressed....and it was from mac..wonderful store.

Julogden
02-20-2013, 01:19 AM
The only makeovers I've had were done by me. ;)

Carol

bridget thronton
02-20-2013, 03:01 AM
Small shop in a smaller towns - learned basic technique and was able to do it myself

Cheryl T
02-20-2013, 03:42 AM
It was nerve wracking. I was drab but dressed and placed in the chair at the front of the store by the window as my makeup was done and people walked by. When it was finished I felt super, but it was scary to be so exposed. Now it's no longer a big deal.

MeganHenry
02-20-2013, 06:03 AM
No makeover as of yet. I had been scheduled twice at Transformationsbyrori, but illness prevent me from keeping the date and I had to cancel. The last date was over 2 years ago, so I should get a makeover soon.

Arlene I saw Rori back in 96/97 for a makeover when I lived in Chicagoland, she was great! I enjoyed that time with her very much. Its well worth the time and money.

kimdl93
02-20-2013, 10:44 AM
I had a makeover a counter in a Dillards department store. I learned a lot and used the opportunity to get a basic set of cosmetics that suited my skin tone and style. The MAC counter was right along the center aisle of the store and lots of shoppers passed by. There were a few curious or disapproving looks, but by and large, the reactions were either indifference, many friendly smiles and a few expressions of mild amusement.

Robyn Roberts
02-20-2013, 11:59 AM
My first makeover was back in the late 80s. Someone introduced me to a TS that did makeovers at her home. My first visit I took a nice black knee length dress with a belt that went with it. I wanted to see what kind of look she give me with it,really with no intentions on driving home dressed. She turned me away from the mirror and worked her magic on me,when she turned me back around to face the mirror with my eyes closed. When she told me to open them I was like WOW! There sitting in the salon chair was Robyn. Since I've never been out in public at this point,I was still a bit nervous on driving the 2 hours back home dressed. But what an experience it was,we tried different hair styles,one was a natural hair and I got goosebumps at how well it felt on me. After a few hours I changed back to male mode. We agreed that I come back the following weekend and we go shopping and go out to a club. The week couldn't go fast enough,I was finally going to introduce the world to Robyn,or at least our tiny part of the world. :) The day came and we went shopping,she showed me a Jaclyn Smith outfit she liked,I wasn't thrilled with it,but took her word. After we got done shopping we started my 2nd makeover,again she turned me away from the mirror and started her magic. My mind was processing a lot of what ifs? What if someone wanted to buy me a drink or ask me to dance? After an hour o0r so she turned me towards the mirror again,with my eyes closed. I must have been lost in the moment and not paying attention to what she was doing. When I opened my eyes I was....HORRIFIED! She made me look like a drag queen,now if that is the look someone is going for,hey all the power to ya. But she knew I was going for a natural look. I certainly wasn't going to even step out the door looking like that. I must have insulted her and she refused to change my look. Sadly I changed back in to male mode with tears coming to my eyes as I did. Not sure why she gave me a drag queen look after my first makeover experience,which was wonderful. It be a few years later after a purge that I finally did introduce my little corner of the world to Robyn. I'm sure my makeover experience is rare? I hope you have a fabulous time with yours.

Jenni Yumiko
02-20-2013, 01:19 PM
Never had one professionally done, considered transformations by rori and the other one, forgot the name, but all of their clientele look older. When and if the time comes my wife and I will figure out someplace or someone tg friendly...

Janet77
02-20-2013, 01:27 PM
My first was so awesome that I went back 4 times, including this last Monday....

alwayshave
02-20-2013, 03:06 PM
My experience was great. I went for a transformation late December 2012, makeover, three different outfits, pictures. Loved the outcome. Will definitely do it again.

Julogden
02-20-2013, 04:22 PM
Never had one professionally done, considered transformations by rori and the other one, forgot the name, but all of their clientele look older. When and if the time comes my wife and I will figure out someplace or someone tg friendly...
It shouldn't matter, she's done makeovers on younger girls there too. The age of her other customers shouldn't be a factor in how she does working with you.

But if you prefer someone younger and just need makeup and maybe photography, there's Florina and her husband at F&H Photo TG (http://www.fhphototg.com/index.html).

Carol

Jenni Yumiko
02-20-2013, 04:33 PM
I dont think the older people per se is the issue, they just all seem done the same way, kind of heavy, mod 70's. Admittedly I drew this opinion from looking at the gallery, if it was me solo, I think you would be a great start, as you know with my wife, I guess i'm looking for something newer.
The downside though is I have no clue and no real experience as we talked about. I could and am probably way off base in all regards, and have no problems being told "the facts" and the horrors from drawing conclusions based on a few pictures. So, educate me please :-)

Jennifer Marie P.
02-20-2013, 04:52 PM
It was a day you never forget.

JerseyGirlDonna
02-20-2013, 05:09 PM
It was wonderful, the makeover was done at Sephora, everyone treated me like a lady, and in the end I felt very much like one. I learned a lot, too, so pay attention to what they do.

cdtraveler
02-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Well just had mine! M.A.C. store in MI mail. I was very nervous having only been out dressed one other very brief time and here I was in the store front window getting a make over! Bit of a stretch for me but managed to have fun and learn a great deal too. Make up artist's name was Catherine. Very nice to work with and I'd recommend asking for her.

AMANDA

michellecd9999
02-21-2013, 12:02 AM
My first makeover was with Phoebe Cross in Atlanta. I was very nervous , but she put me at ease and was the first person that I ever admitted to face to face that I was a crossdresser. It changed me forever as she encouraged me to connect with other CDs on the internet and to go to a Tri-ess meeting, which I did. She also encouraged me to get better wigs and breast forms, which I did. I recently went back to her for a makeover and spend the night en fem which was a joy. I am looking forward to another session soon!