PDA

View Full Version : I never thought

Christie ann
02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
that just yesterday I would be trying on wedding dresses and feeling about as pretty as a 50 y.o man can feel. It was even strapless...who would have guessed.

I just want to encourage everyone to give it a try. Whether that means trying on wedding dresses or something else beyond your comfort level. I am pretty envious of those girls out in their two piece bathing suits. I know we are all in different circumstances, different body shapes and in various places in the closet. But at some point in the future all we will have are the memories we make.

AS I was standing there looking into that very large mirror with a very very nice woman straightening out "my" train i was just soaking in that memory. Of course that is because I forgot my camera.

I know it rambles a bit but I think you see my point

Rachelakld
02-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Wore my wifes wedding dress (strapless), had a photo shoot at one of Aucklands lookouts / gardens, had a fantastic time with a quite a few spectators (one photo is my intro to my blog)
So all those wanting to be in public in a wedding dress, I recommend using an artistic "photo shoot" as a cover

mmarmstrong
02-19-2013, 09:50 PM
Oooooh. A public 'photo shoot' with a professional photographer - now we're talking!!

I've been trying to build up the courage to try on a dress at a female store but several times (one today) I went in, browsed around, contemplated, over thought the whole thing and ended up leaving totally disgusted with my lack of conviction to just do it...

You mentioned 'dresses'...were you out at a bridal shop??

docrobbysherry
02-19-2013, 10:26 PM
Christie, is this for real, or r u fantasizing this experience?

You've given us no details of how u did it and/or how we r supposed to do this. And, u had a GG assistant, too?

1. Walk into a wedding dress store and expect the SA's to welcome us in with open arms? "Here try this one on first", she'll say?

2. Buy a wedding dress at Goodwill and try it on at home with your SOs help?

3. Or, try your wife's dress on with her blessings?

Is there some other scenario where GM's can go to try on wedding dresses that won't cause the folks there to start screaming and/or cursing?

Christie ann
02-19-2013, 10:27 PM
You mentioned 'dresses'...were you out at a bridal shop??

yes, Like you, I walked into a Davids Bridal shop just to look, worked up the courage to ask for an appointment. They were so nice to me. You can read the whole post done yesterday

Wore my wifes wedding dress (strapless), had a photo shoot at one of Aucklands lookouts / gardens, had a fantastic time with a quite a few spectators (one photo is my intro to my blog)
So all those wanting to be in public in a wedding dress, I recommend using an artistic "photo shoot" as a cover

I just visited your blog. Beautiful intro picture. I bet that was a fun photo shoot!

Beverley Sims
02-19-2013, 10:51 PM
For those that have had the opportunity to try wedding dresses in a boutique it is a memorable experience.
I am glad you enjoyed your experience.

Christie ann
02-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Christie, is this for real, or r u fantasizing this experience?

You've given us no details of how u did it and/or how we r supposed to do this. And, u had a GG assistant, too?

1. Walk into a wedding dress store and expect the SA's to welcome us in with open arms? "Here try this one on first", she'll say?

2. Buy a wedding dress at Goodwill and try it on at home with your SOs help?

3. Or, try your wife's dress on with her blessings?

Is there some other scenario where GM's can go to try on wedding dresses that won't cause the folks there to start screaming and/or cursing?

Sorry Sherry it is all real. I first posted this yesterday. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?190379-Best-CD-day-ever

I literally walked in saying I just wanted to look at dresses. I do not pass, even at night from 30,000 ft. I then asked the manager if there was any chance I could try something on. Yeck, all they could say was no. She looked at the book and I thought she would say nothing open for days...no. There was an opening in only 2 hours. I left, ate lunch went back and yes, the consultant walked me through the process of picking out a dress. Asked about my ideas of what I wanted the dress to look like. The process is that they will dress you from head to foot before you leave. They provided the foundation garments,shoes and she took my ideas and found a few dresses. She helped me get them on and then we went out to the big mirror. I tried on 6 different dresses before deciding on my favorite (strapless, A line with beading on the empire waist) then came the veil and tiara. Sorry Sherry all real and all unbelievably fun. No screaming, no cursing and all in a very conservative place.

I Am Paula
02-19-2013, 11:44 PM
I walked by, then walked into Vera Wang, the uber high end bridal shop in the four seasons hotel in Toronto. The SA asked if she could help. I very honestly said no, I just wanted to luxuriate in the fabulous gowns for a moment. I almost wanted to throw them on the floor and roll in them. She asked if I would like to try one on....I was flabbergasted, these are $15,000 gowns! I said no, save them for some lucky bride. I thanked her, and left. They were probably the most beautiful single thing I have ever seen.- Celeste

Rachel Morley
02-20-2013, 12:33 AM
One of THE best experiences I have ever had in my entire life was when my wife and I were going to rent ballgowns for a formal ball we were going to. We went to a wedding dress rental store that did ballgowns as well as wedding dresses. I was dressed fully en femme (of course) and it was THE very best thing to be surrounded by literally 100's of gorgeous dresses and have three very attractive accepting and encouraging GGs (my wife and the two sales assistants) put me in and out of lots and lots of gowns. I just loved every minute of being told that I looked cute and that dresses suited me and I should be wearing them! :)

Rachelakld
02-20-2013, 12:47 AM
I wish I had a professional photographer, but alas it was just I, my Canon 1000D and tripod. I should have talked some spectators to hold my reflector or remote flash.
All spectators probably thought I was crazy, at least they figured I was a happy crazy person and I made it fun for them.
Sorry I can't find the rest of photo shoot, USB backup drive gone for a walk