PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying the secretiveness, blissful taboo.

Elirra
02-21-2013, 12:18 PM
Anyone else enjoy the "closet"?

I know it is the wish of many crossdressers to be able to live open and free and to not have to hide their desire to dress en femme but for me I find the secretiveness of crossdressing in private without people knowing to be a definite rush and a thrilling experience. Getting away with it, so to speak.

The fact that crossdressing is taboo makes it that much more tantalizing to me than if it was openly accepted and everybody did it. I do it for other reasons as well but the excitement of looking dolled up and pretty just for myself is mostly all I need to get some satisfaction out of it.

I do sometimes think that this makes me a deceptive, evil person but that also makes it exciting. Elirra can be a very bad girl.:devil:

Thanks for reading.

Cheers,

Elirra

kimdl93
02-21-2013, 12:20 PM
there's nothing evil or deceptive about dressing in privacy, but if it makes it more interesting for you, then by all means enjoy your privacy! I was struck by the similarity of your description of the secritve, blissful experience of closeted cross dressing. Its reminiscent of comments made by another of our members. Perhaps she'll offer a comment of her own.

Stevie
02-21-2013, 12:37 PM
I like to keep it private and enjoy it being taboo. I also wish that it was accepted in society too.

AllieSF
02-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Nothing at all wrong with your approach. we all have our reasons, most undefinable for dressing. I dress to go out, however, I also do get an extra thrill because I know that I am pushing the envelope for my and maybe other's vanilla worlds.

Sara Jessica
02-21-2013, 02:33 PM
You're not getting away with anything. You know, trees falling in the forest with no one around to hear...

darla_g
02-21-2013, 02:38 PM
Its only taboo if you want to consider it to be so. There are probably some sexual acts that people do in their homes as well and some people might consider that taboo as well. I consider it none of their business.

AllyCDTV
02-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Concealing my crossdressing identity is exciting to me. It makes me feel like a secret agent or a superhero whose true identity must be kept secret.

Beverley Sims
02-22-2013, 01:49 PM
Walking down the street can be a rush for me sometimes, it is deceptive in more ways than one.

Frédérique
02-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Anyone else enjoy the "closet"? The fact that crossdressing is taboo makes it that much more tantalizing to me than if it was openly accepted and everybody did it. I do it for other reasons as well but the excitement of looking dolled up and pretty just for myself is mostly all I need to get some satisfaction out of it.

Yes, I agree with that wholeheartedly, but many people in this section of the site will NOT, in fact many people are downright nasty to closeted crossdressers around here. I have the threads to prove it. We may outnumber everyone else, but you will soon find out that your opinion doesn’t matter to certain individuals. Crossdressing CAN be fun, it CAN be enjoyable, and it CAN be self-satisfying (I can relate!), but others just want to be miserable and complain, and they’ll tell you so, in no uncertain terms...
:sad:

Please carry on, ENJOY your crossdressing, and tell ‘em Freddy sent ya...:)

Anne2345
02-22-2013, 04:19 PM
Hmmmmmm . . . .

Very, very interesting . . . .

I have the threads to prove it.

'Tis true. Freddy does have the proof! And here is a big kiss specially for her - :kiss:

Welcome to the forum, Elirra! Enjoy your stay, enjoy your blessed sanctuary that is your closet, and I wish you well! :)

Tess
02-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Maybe enjoy, perhaps a better term for me is comfortable with being closeted. I don't need to take CDing any further than that to keep me happy.

Penny With_more
02-22-2013, 06:15 PM
Hi Elirra,

I can completely relate to the idea. Knowing it's "wrong" to dress as the opposite sex, at least for most people, makes crossdressing a much more exciting activity than...fishing, or watching car races.

But the feeling of rebelliousness, and the satisfaction we achive by breaking the boundaries society imposes on us, will weaken with time if we have no one to acknowledge our bravery in choosing this path in life. I think that must be the reason many of us end up leaving the closet. You can call it need for validation or acceptance. The "Hey! This is me! Here I am!" moment of reaffirmation to the eyes of the world.

I dont want to imply that need as a bad thing or as a symptom of shallowness, its just part of our condition as social creatures, me thinks!

XOXO Penny

Jenniferathome
02-22-2013, 06:35 PM
Elirra, the taboo nature can make the act of dressing "exciting" just as sneaking into an R rated movie was when I was 12. But, once I turned 17, going to an R rated movie was satisfying but in a different way. 6 of one, half dozen of another, kind of thing. Being out to my wife is thrilling it's own way. Don't underestimate the value and thrill of being out to your loved one.

JiveTurkeyOnRye
02-22-2013, 06:42 PM
I'm a member of the camp of people who encourages everyone to be open and out about their crossdressing... *if* that is what they ultimately desire. I would never suggest such a thing to you, because it doesn't sound like at your current stage of life it would be beneficial to you or in your best interest to come out as a CD. Nor would it really add anything to the overall trans* acceptance cause.

The only time I feel like I lecture people on coming out is when the tone of their posts are consistently longing for acceptance, or lamenting the secretive status of their dressing. There comes a put up or shut up moment where people who are waiting for someone else to come along and make it okay for them to do what they do to realize that no one is coming and they need to be that person themselves.

Wildaboutheels
02-22-2013, 06:48 PM
Secretive? Taboo? Maybe not for long. When Nightline recently airs a segment on BDSM [just last Sat] ... maybe CDing could become the "next big thing"?

Probably not, but when REASONABLE, SHARP people are exposed to anything they know nothing about, most will realize that making assumptions about people with zero knowledge about them, is simply foolish.

http://abcnews.go.com/watch/nightline/SH5584743/VD55275741/nightline-0215-love-is-pain