PDA

View Full Version : Boudoir Shoot, oh my!

michelleddg
02-22-2013, 11:51 AM
About six months ago I got it in my head I wanted to do a boudoir shoot. Did my google searching for photographers in Houston and contacted about a dozen. Perhaps half responded they weren't comfortable with the concept, and half didn't respond. However, one adorable 30ish young lady in Austin (3 hours away) said I've never shot a dude in lingerie but let's go for it!

I popped in on her studio in December as my dude self, had the tour, and chatted for half an hour. Oh my, what an incredible set up. And, we really hit it off, been emailing regularly since then on how all of this is going to work. She's learned a lot about male-to-female transformations, and I've learned a lot about boudoir.

Scheduling has been tough but Monday is the day! I've been prepping for weeks buying bra and panty sets, stockings et al. Monday after the drive I have an appointment at a Blow Dry Bar, then at a MAC Pro Shop, then the shoot! Then we're having a girly dinner at Fleming's Steak House. Oooooooh...

There will be four or five wardrobe changes, 100's of photos with the best of the best selected for retouching. Objective is to make me look gorgeous and sexy. "This is art, not documentation", she advises. Works for me.

Going in plan is to start with my favorite LBD, then a black corset and stockings look, then a body stocking look, then bra and panties. She'll have lots to say about all of this so stay tuned for what actually transpires.

Turns out she's probably the top boudoir photographer in Austin but I won't be sharing specifics until after the shoot and after we've discussed. Will, of course, share my experience and hoping to share her web site and photos as well.

Wish me luck, ladies, this is so exciting but I'm a nervous wreck! Hugs, Michelle

Ericaxd
02-22-2013, 11:56 AM
I'd be nervous, too, but I bet once you get going, it'll be blast. Have fun!

Julie Denier
02-22-2013, 11:57 AM
Wow! Sounds like it will be an amazing experience. You will HAVE to share all the details -- and, of course, pics ;)

DonnaT
02-22-2013, 12:00 PM
Excellent!

She may even start advertising for male to female clients.

becky77
02-22-2013, 12:05 PM
Awesome, good luck I hope you have a wonderful time. Don't forget we want to see those pics :)

PaulaQ
02-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Well good luck then! Not that you need good luck - you are going to look fantastic! I hope this works out to be one of the best days of your life! Have a blast! :)

kimdl93
02-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Enjoy the experience, Michelle! I admire your courage!

Beverley Sims
02-22-2013, 12:39 PM
I say good for you.
It takes a lot of courage to out yourself like this, which is what you are doing in a limited way.
If it is successful doors will open for you and it will be learn to be the lady very quickly.
If it falls flat, no one is hurt, both you and the photographer will have had some more life experiences.
A await the results eagerly.

rita63
02-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Enjoy hon. My ex and her daughter did this 20 odd years ago and had a blast. I look forward to seeing the pics.
hugs rita

AllyCDTV
02-22-2013, 02:01 PM
What you are about to do sounds so incredibly exciting.

I've certainly posted more than my share of risque pics and vids on the Internet but they were all taken with a remote and I never had another person behind the camera or even present. It has always been a fantasy of mine to have someone take some pics of me but I've never had the guts to do it.

Hope we get to see some from your shoot.

mikiSJ
02-22-2013, 04:41 PM
If the photographer makes you feel confortable, it will be a fabulous outing.

Good luck and have a great time.

StacyChambers
02-22-2013, 05:04 PM
Sounds like you will have a fabulous experience - enjoy!!

Ceri Anne
02-22-2013, 05:07 PM
You wil have a great time and I can't wait to hear how it all went and see the results. I have a really good friend in the Kansas City area who is one of the most creative photographers I know, her makup artist is the first CD I ever met in person. Look up Ann Brown http://www.annbrownphotography.com/mainpagetitles/mainpagetitles.htm

Good luck and knock em dead! I'm looking forward to doing the same sometime.

Linda Leigh
02-22-2013, 05:08 PM
I think you will have the time of your life; enjoy !!!!

Linda

Sarah V
03-08-2013, 03:07 PM
an't wait to hear how it all came out. I live south of Austin, and have been also looking for someone to do a similar shoot with. Pls do send the specifics when you can.