PDA

View Full Version : Who wears perfume?

gracee
02-22-2013, 01:57 PM
I don’t recall this ever being discussed, but then I’m not a regular. I walked into an optical shop yesterday that stank of sickly-sweet perfume and traced it to a middle-aged lady at a counter twenty feet away. Vile stuff! How could anyone wear so much, especially a member of the gender that so detests tobacco smoke? Then I started thinking.

It had never in my other life occurred to me to wear perfume. Not once. My male olfactory sensibility unconsciously ruled. So who here wears perfume to increase the feel of femininity? Anyone? How’s that work for you?

DonnaT
02-22-2013, 02:13 PM
Love to wear perfume (drab or drag)! Never had any problems, and my mom loved it so I got her the same brand.

StephanieDragg
02-22-2013, 02:16 PM
I wear a brown sugar vanilla body spray when I dress and go out and I am constantly asked what it is and complimented on it by mostly women

StacyChambers
02-22-2013, 02:23 PM
I don't wear perfume all that often but have enjoyed it when I did. It added to my feelings of femininity. Since I have a hyper sense of smell I make sure to only wear a small amount. Same with body sprays.

Nikki A.
02-22-2013, 03:45 PM
Sometimes a lavender spray or some that are not too floral. Just my preferance

Lorileah
02-22-2013, 03:45 PM
I have at least 4 different types, all light (except one that makes ME ill when I wear it...White Linen:puke:) but most people have to hug me to smell what I wear. I love it

S. Lisa Smith
02-22-2013, 04:10 PM
When I'm dressed it's always Chanel No. 5!!!! I love it!!!!

Tess
02-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Almost every day. I miss it when I don't get to wear it.

suzy1
02-22-2013, 04:25 PM
I love perfume and have my favourites. Obsession and euphoria by Calvin Klein.

DonniDarkness
02-22-2013, 04:35 PM
I dont wear perfume. I use mens fragrances.

I have long believed that scent is one of the major triggers for attraction. A smell can bring back memories or instill an animalistic attraction through pheromones.

I use the same scents in either mode, Sounds crazy doesnt it?! Well it works for me.

Aramis:Life, For Cologne

And i use Aveda Conditioner......Salon products for my hair. Smelling like the salon makes my wife go crazy for me....

-Donni-

SarahMarie42
02-22-2013, 04:36 PM
I do! I wear women's perfume :P

Makes me feel better. n.n

2B Natasha
02-22-2013, 04:59 PM
As a general rule. Not everyday. But occasionally.

I have two men's colognes. Safari by Ralph Lauren. And higher by Dior. They rarely get used. For women's scents. Actually a rarely used traditional perfumed any more. I find that oils last longer and I can get more custome. I have several different fragerances in this.

Here is the funniest part. I get comments about often. Most often by lesbians! Why. I have no idea. Mostly because I think it's just a very heady unusual smell.

Ellanore G.G.
02-22-2013, 05:01 PM
lou lou is fab, and dont get me started on smelling jean paul Gaultier for women .......hmmmmmmm
But on my man is even better

Marcia Blue
02-22-2013, 05:06 PM
I always wear perfume when dressed. I can not, go out, with out it.

Ceri Anne
02-22-2013, 05:12 PM
I know how you feel, certain fragrences are just offensive......such as little old lady perfume. I once had a date with a woman who had it on so strong I could barely be close to her. That said, the right perfume in the right quantity is intoxicating. I enjoy it on others, and also feel so much sexier wearing it.

vplshowoff
02-22-2013, 05:27 PM
My favorite is celine dion perfume. I also use Calvin Klein One which is a unisex cologne. http://www.calvinklein.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3617668

Diane Lynn
02-22-2013, 05:32 PM
I agree with Marcia. I wear Ciara. It is not very expensive, and I like it. I had one man ask me what it was, and were he could get it.

sometimes_miss
02-22-2013, 05:39 PM
I do. I spray a bit on the ends of my wig, and whenever it moves, it gives off a slight scent of 'girl'. Current is Givenchy 'Play'.

Jodi Anne
02-22-2013, 05:50 PM
I love Estee Lauder Sensuous Nude, I use it in both girl & boy mode.

Beverley Sims
02-22-2013, 06:03 PM
An ever so slight hint of red door for me.

Jodi
02-22-2013, 06:07 PM
I wear perfume when I go out--generallyVS very sexy. When I apply it, I spray a bit onto a cottonball and dab it around. Any direct spray of this perfume would be too powerful.

An observation from a gg friend is that cd's generally apply too much perfume, and it can be overpowering. She is the one that, years ago, gave me the idea to use the cottonball.

Jodi

Cathern Kelly
02-22-2013, 06:29 PM
I love red door...It reminds me of campfire marshmellows from when I was a small kid!

CarmenSkye
02-22-2013, 06:32 PM
I've only used body sprays. I absolutely love sweet pea fragrances.

I Am Paula
02-22-2013, 06:52 PM
Red door after 5:00.
Daytime it varies. Lancome 'la vie est belle', Tiery Mugler 'Angel', Obsession...it goes on and on.
I would never leave the house without prefume.-Celeste

Ariamythe
02-22-2013, 07:15 PM
I have never been a fan of strong scents. I never wear cologne as a man, and I haven't at all picked up the habit or desire to wear perfume while en femme. I do enjoy subtle scents, though, like from lotions.

Jamie001
02-22-2013, 08:00 PM
I wear Calvin Klein Escape in my normal femme male mode. I is a very feminine scent and I really love it.

Jenni Yumiko
02-22-2013, 08:24 PM
Issy Miyake

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/issey-miyake-leau-dissey-for-women-perfume-collection?ID=16397&CategoryID=31716

Come closer, you can smell it on me :-)

Not that close!

Janie {3
02-22-2013, 08:36 PM
The fragrance is so much more pleasant than the male stuff.

Denise Shelly
02-22-2013, 08:46 PM
I wear Red Door and I love it but the so has gotten me some Timeless from Avon. I do love the woodsy musky tone of it and She likes it.

ronny0
02-22-2013, 08:47 PM
I am hooked on White Diamonds.

carhill2mn
02-22-2013, 08:55 PM
I sometimes wear perfume when I go out but I use it sparingly and it is a light scent. I, too, am bothered by too much perfume of aftershave.

Kathy4ever
02-22-2013, 08:58 PM
I always like the smell of lavender. Use d that a lot. A few weeks ago bought perfume called Roamnce I forget the maker. When I usually triy wear a perfume my wife threw a tizzy, but she doesn't mind this one.

Being Paige
02-22-2013, 08:59 PM
Yes, I wear it everyday no matter how I'm dressed.

AllisontheGoddess
02-22-2013, 09:01 PM
I wear perfume rarely--but really want to start wearing more. Though, when I do I usually wear FAME by Lady GaGa. Love that stuff when en femme :heehee:

Julogden
02-22-2013, 09:19 PM
I always wear cologne or perfume.

Christinedreamer
02-22-2013, 11:01 PM
A GG friend of mine who helped with my first photo shoot always wore Sunflower and it has an intoxicating effect on me like no other scent. I use it sparingly but it makes me weak in the knees. (in a good way)

Annette Todd
02-22-2013, 11:23 PM
A number of women when they get older, everyone in fact, their senses become less acute. Therefore, when they put on a fragrance will put on more with realizing it. So let us not be overly critical. I have also been overpowered by men who have over applied cologne.

I wear a woman's fragrance. Esteé Lauder Sensuous Nude. It goes on right after I shower regardless of the mode I present.

Ezekiel
02-22-2013, 11:28 PM
Not a big fan of scents but I use mostly masculine perfumes, but I have Dior J'adore I use from time to time.

Alice Torn
02-22-2013, 11:29 PM
In guy mode , likes several, including obsession for men. In lady mode, i just love Escape.

Jilmac
02-22-2013, 11:42 PM
Any time I dress to go out I'll spritz on some perfume, usually something light and subtle but still feminine. I also carry a spritzer in my purse to freshen up as the day wears on.

Cheryl T
02-23-2013, 05:36 AM
I only wear it when I go out and then sparingly. I work with a woman who wears so much that you can almost see the cloud behind her.

Just a dab on my wrists and neck or a spritz if I'm wearing White Diamonds.

Gerrijerry
02-23-2013, 06:53 AM
I have found over many years that each person has a perfume that they like. Some strong some light. Perhaps it is not if you like to wear it but if you can. Most woman can tell easily if a male is wearing perfume. The smell of perfume once on is very hard to remove and can last a long time., that being said. I can not remember one time when I was wearing perfume that anyone made a negative comment about it. in male of female mode.

I don’t recall this ever being discussed, but then I’m not a regular. I walked into an optical shop yesterday that stank of sickly-sweet perfume and traced it to a middle-aged lady at a counter twenty feet away. Vile stuff! How could anyone wear so much, especially a member of the gender that so detests tobacco smoke? Then I started thinking.

It had never in my other life occurred to me to wear perfume. Not once. My male olfactory sensibility unconsciously ruled. So who here wears perfume to increase the feel of femininity? Anyone? How’s that work for you?

joan47
02-23-2013, 07:54 AM
White shoulder in male and female mode

MsRenee
02-23-2013, 10:06 AM
I do spray on a little perfume before going out, but yes why do so many ladies have to like take a bath in it.
Walking behind some off them and you can be like a block away and still be so strong its like its on your tongue.
Yuck yuck
Renee

bridget thronton
02-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Yes i wear perfume occasionally but I do not bathe in it

gracee
02-23-2013, 01:06 PM
I have never been a fan of strong scents. I never wear cologne as a man, and I haven't at all picked up the habit or desire to wear perfume while en femme. I do enjoy subtle scents, though, like from lotions.

My position exactly!

NicoleScott
02-23-2013, 01:26 PM
.... one that makes ME ill when I wear it...White Linen:puke:)...

How strange that two people can have such opposite views about White Linen. I love this stuff. I knew a woman whose scent always drove me crazy, so I asked her what she wore, and it was White Linen. I had to get some for myself, and now I wear nothing else.
I dressed for many years before I wore perfume. Dressing and making up was always an exciting, arousing experience for me, and I always transformed to maximize the experience. Once I started wearing it, perfume took me beyond what I thought possible.
After a dressup session, after de-femming, a shower, and off to bed ready for sleep, I can still detect a whiff of it on my wrists. I love that.
There is a perfume, I don't know what kind, that when I smell it reminds me of baby vomit. Seriously. So I know what you mean, Lorileah, but it's a different scent that makes me gag.

BillieJoEllen
02-23-2013, 01:27 PM
When I dress i use a couple of dabs here and there. Just enough so that I can smell it.

I worked with a woman years ago that must've put on 1/2 gallon every time she reported for work. It was a large workplace and her smell filled just about the whole place. She was finally asked not to wear scent to work.

RonniCD
02-23-2013, 01:49 PM
I love to wear perfume, but ONLY en femme. En drab, I seldom wear any fragrance (it's Dolce e Gabana when I do) and prefer fragance free everything - toiletries, cleaning products, and laundry products. En femme, my favorite is Flirtacious - it's delightfully floral and light. It's hard to use too much, and my SO just loves it on me.

Starr
02-23-2013, 09:26 PM
i was using some cherry blossom body sprays but have now started using a perfume.. Vanilla Musk.. in the past when i have smelled in on someone else it always reminded me of my girl side.. now i smell it all the time.. so the girl side stays with me..

suzy
02-23-2013, 09:32 PM
Goodness.....who doesn't wear perfume?? I love "Organza." I don't wear nything else and have had so many favorable compliments on it....but don't over do it!! A little goes a long way!

mmarmstrong
02-23-2013, 09:33 PM
I've never actually tried wearing women's perfume...but all these comments make me think I should give it a try.

Michelle13
02-23-2013, 11:23 PM
I love to, I try to stick to just one specific scent also.

lingerieLiz
02-24-2013, 12:24 AM
I wear Lauren most of the time. I've worn several of the clasics including JOY. One day I was wearing White Shoulders. I went to accounting to sign some purchase orders and one of the women in a cubical I had passed by announced, Who is wearing WS it is my favorite and starts to get up to find the wearer. Luckly I steped into her bosses office and closed the door to talk to him at the same time. She never figured it out.

So if you wear perfume that is distint be prepaired for someone with a keen nose.

Allison Chaynes
02-24-2013, 12:52 AM
I occasionally will. The wife even bought me several perfumes. Hard to do when kids are around though.

Richelle423
02-24-2013, 03:53 PM
I like and use men's obsession.At the end of xmas season wamart had a clearance sale and I bought women's obsession perfume. (My GF pointed it out for me) Weird thing is my GF never knew it was women's perfume and not men's. I am relishing in the sent right now...

Mistybtm
02-24-2013, 04:00 PM
I love to wear perfume, mosty VS pink and also like Red door and many others like beautiful.

Amanda_Robinson
02-24-2013, 04:16 PM
Currently my favirite us "Beautiful". I dont fell fully dressed up without perfume.
~Amanda

Ciara Brianne
04-05-2013, 05:12 AM
I wear perfume when I dress. I love it. I helps bring out the girl in me, not that she needs much help...

erickka
04-05-2013, 05:16 AM
I wear very light fragrances all the time when enfemme. I don't like those overpowering scents either. When in drab, I never wear any cologne, my Old Spice deodorant is more than enough!

Joanne f
04-05-2013, 05:38 AM
I wear perfume all of the time , a funny thing happened on Tuesday when a female relation was sat in our house and my wife said to her ,"That's a nice perfume you are wearing ,what is it ?" , so when the relation answered my wife said, "Oh that's the one I buy " and was about to say "You" ' when looking at me then smiled and finished with " sometimes" so I have to wear it ( under duress of course ) or maybe not :heehee:.

Mikaylagirl
04-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Oh,I love wearing perfume while en femme. It completes the package ;)

Janet161
04-05-2013, 11:14 AM
Giorgio-its very strong and very distinctive.

Denise_Lafame
04-06-2013, 11:06 AM
I'm with you Suzy, Obsession and Euphoria makes me feel good about ME. Wear it just like clothes because it completes my look.

Denise

EmilyPith
04-06-2013, 11:15 AM
My wife got me some nice sandalwood/orange from our local co-op. I love it when she gets me presents!

She wears Drakkar.

Pauline Lauren
04-06-2013, 11:23 AM
I used to wear it all of the time, even in male mode while at work. My current workplace has a "no perfumes or other scents" policy to appease those who have allergies to such things, so I no longer wear it at work. The rest of the time, however...... :)

I have found that Christmas time is a great time to stock up on perfumes I would like to try. There are often gift sets on sale at various stores. Last Christmas I greatly expanded my perfume collection and now have a greater variety of scents to choose from. Additionally. my ex included some perfumes that she no longer wore with mine when I moved out of the house in December. Now that I have my own place, I have a portion of my vanity set aside for my various perfumes so I can select the fragrance of the day!

>>>hugs<<<

Stephanie Mancini
04-06-2013, 02:32 PM
A girl is naked without wearing her signature perfume it says so much about her personality and gives her that spring in her step and added confidence whenever she ventures out, my all time favourite is Ange Ou Demon by Givenchy

Steph

krisinpink
04-06-2013, 06:37 PM
I Always wear perfume when dressed, and until I ran out, I was wearing a Victoria's Secret scented body spray everyday.

BLUE ORCHID
04-06-2013, 09:27 PM
Hi Gracee, I like White Shoulders or Liz Taylor Diamonds.

Asp
04-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Some people wear rediculous amount of spray to mask their stink (sad for them). Not all perfumes are terrible or vile. Try Victoria's Secret "Heavenly". That's my scent of preference.

Rachel Murphy
04-07-2013, 04:59 PM
I wore different brands of body spray, never finding one I really liked, before reading about Red Door perfume in a couple of posts here back in February. I gave it a try and am hooked.

On a side note: the first time I used Red Door, having no experience with perfume, I applied it like body spray. There's a mistake I'll not repeat!

Nicole Brown
04-07-2013, 05:32 PM
IMHO a lady isn't fully dressed unless she is wearing a fragrance. I agree that when it is overdone it can be difficult to be near, but when properly applied, it gives you just that added mystique that can be so intriguing. This lady's choices are Wind Song for daytime use and Secret Obsession for evenings and special occasions.

Tracii G
04-07-2013, 06:03 PM
ULTA Water Blossom is my fave scent I wear it all the time.

Jaymees22
04-09-2013, 12:18 PM
Sometimes I use perfume, but I'm so cheap I use the samples that fall out of the circulars that come in the mail...Jaymee

JenniferR771
04-09-2013, 01:59 PM
I wear Vanilla Fields. I don't wear it around the house, though as I susect my DADT wife would object.
The Vanilla Fields has a special memory from 5 years ago. A very nice woman at the thrift store who had helped me many times to find dresses, was helping me find some when I asked her about a scent. She found this one and said it was perfect for me. She was right.

Beverley Sims
04-09-2013, 02:06 PM
I wear a slight sniff of perfume, my wife says it stinks, she prefers my garlic smell after I have been eating something prepared with it.
Well....One day she may not notice the perfume.
I spray the air and then walk through the mist.
And.... it's still too much!

Bonnie Stone
04-09-2013, 02:15 PM
I still like my White Charlie

sue1965
04-09-2013, 04:26 PM
I do. I always wore the same perfume as my ex wife by her request.I now wear one my niece picked out for me... :)

lona
04-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Yes

i like tommey gril

Annette_boy
04-09-2013, 04:35 PM
I am a White Diamonds by Elizabeth Taylor kind of girl.

Hugs Annette

marelna
04-10-2013, 01:08 PM
Current favourite is Lancôme Trésor Midnight Rose. Also like Jimmy Choo................if only I could afford a pair of his shoes!!!

Richelle423
04-10-2013, 03:06 PM
I can't barely go a day without perfume. Men's, women's I don't know anymore I just put it on and go.

StarrOfDelite
04-10-2013, 03:20 PM
Have a small vial of Jean Patou's 'Joy,' real perfume not cologne or toilet water, which I inherited from my mother who probably bought it forty years ago, and I use it for special occasions. It still smells wonderful, and there's nothing like it for making a boy feel like a girl.

Gwinnie
04-10-2013, 03:56 PM
I have no sense of smell. So it could smell like rotten fish and it would smell like roses to me. It's always funny when I go walking through one of those stores and they try to spray me with their smell good stuff. "doesn't that smell wonderful?" Ummmm sure I guess.

Gwendolyn

KimberlyG
04-10-2013, 05:07 PM
Lignt Blue!

Little Story: Many years ago I went to Dillards to buy perfume for my spouse for Christmas. I told the saleswoman that I wanted something that whispers. She looked at me and then I said its got to say "Come Hither" and then smiled. She then said, My, aren't we demanding of our perfume. We just both laughed and I bought what my spouse wanted. Good shopping trip.

Jamie1948
05-20-2013, 11:49 AM
I love wearing Jovan musk oil.

Vanessa5
05-20-2013, 06:30 PM
When I go out I wear Haiku. It has a very light and airy scent. Perfume completes the outfit or illusion depending on your point of view. I don't know of any women that would venture out without some on.

drushin703
05-20-2013, 06:33 PM
I do, and will not, never leave home without some on.......Nicole Miller perfume spray for me. I just love it's
unassertive simplicity. dana

BLUE ORCHID
05-20-2013, 08:32 PM
Hi Grcee, I wear a touch of White Diamonds.