PDA

View Full Version : My how life can change!

Wonderwho
02-22-2013, 03:49 PM
With the help of some friends from this site I have decided to post my opinion.
I've been a cross-dresser for 50 some years, I've lied to friends, I have hidden myself away and even at time I have made my own life miserable.
I was married 27 years before I came out to my wife.
It was February 18 one year ago that I decided I should face the facts and come to an understanding with myself that I was a cross-dresser. It is difficult to understand and to face that there's some sort of problem in your genetic makeup makes a man wants to wear women's clothing. I do not wish to be a woman, I do not wish to blend nor be accepted as a woman, I like being a man.
This was the hardest part to explain to my wife, I do not want to be a woman, I am the man she married it's just that I happen to like women's close. There's a certain feeling about the texture, the colors, the style, and a wonderful way they caress my body. Long skirts, high-heeled boots, formfitting tops and needless to say the underwear.The strange part is that my wife has started to pick out the underware she wants me to ware. She says I have no flair or style. Cool!
In the present society if your man and wear women's cloths, your pervert or a social outcast and perhaps something you want to keep away from your children.
If our society was more accepting the term cross-dresser would not be a problem, men could wear whatever we want, and women could wear whatever they want. I do not want to be accepted into society as a woman, I want to be accepted into society as someone who wishes to wear a different style of clothing.
Many of you that are younger than I, are on the brink of forming a society that makes you as a cross-dresser an acceptable part of the new society.
The last year has been filled with anxiety, tears, some disbelief and a lot of conversation. It is difficult to accept and understand as a cross-dresser and then to try to explain this to someone you've been close to for 27 years.
My wife has asked many questions, some which were very hard to answer; I did my best to explain who I am and what I, but then at that point I have to understand who I am. Crap this is the hardest part.
As a young person entering into the cross-dressing world there are many questions and few answers. The first step in the overall consideration of who you are and what you are is the acceptance that you are just a little different.
Don't worry about going out in the open world and being accepted, except yourself for whom you are and then step into who you want to be.
I give all the credit the world to those of you who wish to become women, makeup and wigs and all the parts it would make you a real woman. I for one cannot give up being a man, I will keep my mustache, and I will work out every chance I get. I will use nail polish on my toes only because they're hidden by my socks, and I love the colors, my fingernails are torn and trashed working in the garage.
I'm just the guy who has gotten caught by his wife watching the behind of a young lady, who walked down the street or had to apologize for farting in a restaurant, all this while wearing matching underwear and bra .
I like who I am and at this age I guess I don't really care what all the other people think, if this makes me not normal than I step forward to be different.
For those of you who wonder how close it is to life-and-death see my post ”you could get hit by a bus”.It only takes a second to learn that you ard on the edge of darkness!
I returned to the same theater to see Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. I did not pass out or have any heart issues, my wife made sure of that. It was a wonderful show, I'm not a theater critic, but I found the show to be wonderful with great sets and exciting scenery. For those live in the shadow of cross-dressing it was a meaningful show with moments of laughter and tears. If it comes to your area, go see it, it's well worth it.
I allowed myself to dress within the confines of who I am and how I feel about cross-dressing, I was accepted by my wife and accepted by the theater crowd. The best part of the whole night was I didn't have to ride home in an ambulance nor spend several nights in a hospital.
For those who are older than I, thank you for your patience, for those who are younger than I, stand tall and keep your eyes on the prize.
To that one person in Tampa, thanks for your thoughts, you are right, stop bitching and start posting, I don’t need ice in my drink to keep it cold while sitting in the Hot Tub with an outside temp of 19 degrees. Ha Ha
My best to all, Wonderwho

2B Natasha
02-22-2013, 03:52 PM
That is unreadable. But yes life can be interesting.

Well. Now that you fixed it I can comment.

One. There is NOTHING WRONG with my " genetic make-up " for why I like to get my girlie on. I would also like to say. There is nothing wrong with yours either

IMHO. Having a mustache and working out and ruining your fingernails does not make you any more of a man or any less. I have removed almost a of the hair on my body and HATE the gym. I am no more or less a man than you. Your insinuation is that that is what makes one a man. It isn't. One is a feature and one an activity.

I am glad you've come clean with your wife. Good for you and her. But in the future. Remember you are no better or worse then anyone else. Nor are you more right or wrong. You are you. Be the best you can be.

Sandra
02-22-2013, 03:55 PM
You need to edit this and remove all the font/size as this has been disabled.

Wonderwho
02-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Yes, sorry the text was a bitch and I admit that I am not a computer geek.
As moderators you are quick, thanks.

Wonderwho
02-22-2013, 04:23 PM
Purple, I have to type this on another computer and transfer it to this site,I live in a area that has privite phone lines and internet that was slower that the first computer that Apple ever invented.
I am feeding the rat as much as I can to get him to run the wheel that runs this computer.
When you get that house built let me know and I will do all the interior trim just to use your computer.
Shit the rat just died.
Have to go!!!!!!!!!

Ceri Anne
02-22-2013, 04:47 PM
A very poignant post very obviously from the heart. Thanks for sharing. I too enjoy being a man, but I also prefer to be clean shaven and smooth. My choice. I cross dress for many of the same reasons you do, the feel, texture, fit of the clothing, but also expressing the feminine characteristics of my personality. I am working towards coming out to my wife. It was kind of intersting you mentioned a theatrical performance. I came home today finding my wife watching Shakespere in Love on TV (she had a snow day) I was reading your post when the scene came up about a woman being on the stage. I commented, I should audition for Shakespere in the Park here for one of the womans roles, since they were all origionally filled by men. Testing the waters here a little at a time...... Anyway, I am going to have to see Pricilla Queen of the Desert now. Thanks again for sharing.

BTW: I work with my hands also and its hard on fingernails, but I keep them slightly long (about 1/16 inch) and use Sally Hansen Tough as Nails nail strengthener. It didnt solve the problem imediatly, but after a couple months, they are hard as nails...........and I can polish them with color as I like, remove to go to work, but reapplying the hardener.

Beverley Sims
02-22-2013, 06:21 PM
A good post written under difficulty obviously.
You have had comments to it so don't blame yourself or feel that you are alone in your problems.
I can see why Priscilla struck a chord with you and those younger than you have a very different outlook on what crossdressing is all about.
The freedom today compared to years ago is astounding even if it is still cloak and dagger antics behind closed doors.

SandraInHose
02-23-2013, 09:18 AM
Wonderwho, your post covers a lot of ground, and I can certainly relate to a LOT of it! Hid it from my wife for 17 years, and the tearful questions and disbelief, the shock for her to try and get over that shock, etc.

I also feel the same regarding my masculine traits and activities, still wanting to be 100% man for my wife while wanting to fulfill this feminine side of me that I know will never go away. I'm 51 and have been dressing for 38 yrs...and it hasn't waned or lessened at all over that time. If anything, it's gotten stronger over the years.

bridget thronton
02-23-2013, 11:17 AM
A very nice post thanks for sharing it