PDA

View Full Version : Travel tips needed

PaulaQ
02-22-2013, 07:20 PM
So if you were going to take an overnight trip, and stay at a hotel, what would you pack, particularly if you were not "out" at all, to anyone?

I'm contemplating this, and I started to realize that breast forms alone occupy quite a bit of space in my luggage. Between them, a wig, makeup, shoes - it's starting to feel like I'm just packing up a whole other person. This may exceed my ability to be sneaky.

I do kinda want to take at least the breastforms, though, because if I have time, I'd like to shop for a dress, and my sense is that trying one on without them will not give me much information about fit.

Thanks y'all! <3

Angela Campbell
02-22-2013, 07:53 PM
Now you know why a woman takes 4 bags for a weekend trip. Tops, skirts, belts, makeup, shoes, shoes, shoes, bras, panties, jewelry, hose,

Beverley Sims
02-22-2013, 07:58 PM
It would be handy but you could use other clothing as stuffing in your bra.
I would normally take 2 changes of clothing one for me one for her.

PaulaQ
02-22-2013, 08:02 PM
Now you know why a woman takes 4 bags for a weekend trip. Tops, skirts, belts, makeup, shoes, shoes, shoes, bras, panties, jewelry, hose,

I will have to add this to my other thread! Oh my gosh you aren't kidding!!!!

Marcia Blue
02-22-2013, 08:06 PM
Plan carefully. Make a checklist and pack only what you need. It is possible to pack it all in one large bag. I rarely do this as I always take, way more than I need. When I travel as a woman, I pack like one.

PaulaQ
02-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks Marcia & Beverly, both of those are good ideas! I can't believe I'm contemplating going into a store to buy a dress... (Hope I have time, this trip may not have much opportunity for fun.)

I have a whole new appreciation for how minimally my wife can pack at times...

Angela Campbell
02-22-2013, 08:49 PM
When I go out of town I take one small case for the male stuff, and 2 cases for the girl stuff.

RenneB
02-22-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm with the others on this one. If I'm driving, I'm packin a small carry on for the guy stuff and about three bins (18 gal totes) for the hair, clothes and makeup... If I'm flying, it's again the small carry on for the guy stuff and one very large checked suitcase for Renne's stuff...packed really tight...

Renne.....

RADER
02-22-2013, 09:15 PM
When I go to my Legion Convention once a year, I take the largest suit case
I Have just for 3 nights. Now I do not leave the room, but I dress every night.
Extra fun.
Rader

Michelle M
02-22-2013, 09:31 PM
I'm traveling this weekend for three days. One large hard shell for my stuff, a small carry on for the guy work stuff. Seriously.

And, "out" means little when you're traveling. No one there knows you. Be yourself. Be someone else if you like. You are anonymous. And If someone should judge you...they don't know you. They are judging a stranger they will never see again. Have fun!
Michelle

DeeArel
02-22-2013, 11:45 PM
I take take one and a half suitcases when I fly and trunk full when I drive. Never know what my mood may be so need to be prepared.

However, always leave room and weight for the return with the new purchases.

Julie Denier
02-23-2013, 12:24 AM
I've got two dresses, shoes, lingerie, wig and makeup all carefully tucked into my garment bag for my business trip this weekend. Looking forward to some private girl time in my hotel room ...

PaulaQ
02-23-2013, 01:54 AM
You girls are awesome! So many good ideas. Keep 'em coming, and thanks! :D

And If someone should judge you...they don't know you.

This is very good advice. I'm learning something about myself, I think. Turns out - I don't care what strangers think. I DO care about what friends and family think. But folks I don't know? I - I guess I never cared much about what they think. I forget this sometimes though.

RylieCD
02-23-2013, 07:13 AM
I just went on an overnight trip last week and thought i could use an overnight bag, I was wrong. by the time I got the guy stuff in i tried limiting the girl stuff (it is only overnight after all) and still had to put a pair of shoes in my backpack. so for one business over night i had my work cloths, and a pair of jeans, boots and sweatshirt for cover at the rest stops, fem stuff: one skirt two blouses (one for each way) flats and heeled boots. It is hard to back for two people. LOL

Mollyanne
02-23-2013, 07:19 AM
Plan carefully. Make a checklist and pack only what you need. It is possible to pack it all in one large bag. I rarely do this as I always take, way more than I need. When I travel as a woman, I pack like one.

So what's wrong like packing like a woman?????? Aren't we tryin' to be one??????

Molly

Karren H
02-23-2013, 07:51 AM
Don't ask me..... I always take 2 large suitcases..... even when my coworkers take a duffle bag.... I get a lot of comments but by now everyone knows I don't pack light.... and I always end up with over weight baggage charges.. like a tax on crossdressing or something!

Paula Siemen
02-23-2013, 07:35 PM
I took a three day trip last week. I was ble to get a three day change of guy duds and two outfits for Paula all in a standard airline size bag. I packed one pair of heels, a mediun sized purse and a small bag of jewlery and a small soft side makeup bag on the bottom of the suitcase. Next, I packed two dresses which I very neatly folded on top of the previous layer. I put my wig in a plastic bag which then covered the second layer and over this I packed a folded black blazer (it goes with every thing and it happened to be a bit cool at my destination0. Above the blazer, I packed two pair of guy pants and two neatly folded shirts. I put my panties, a pair of pantie hose, an OBG, and two bras (1 black/1 white lace) in the suitcase inside lid pocket with my guys socks and panties. I put most of my dobbs kit in a plastic bacg which went into one of the outside pockets so I could get it through airport security. I put my breast forms in a plastic bag in another outside pocked (just incase I got challenged on them). I did have to unzip the "expander" zipper on the outside of the suitcase, but it all fit in, wasn't too heavy and arrived in a good wearable condition at my destination. I put a lock on the suitcase as I had to leave my bag at the office where I was going to do out of town work, before I could check into the hotel. All in all...it went quite well; unfortunately, I was only able to get out on one night as I was totally exhausted after the second day and just didn't have the energy for Paula.
Good Luck, Have fun, Be Safe
Paula

misskaypo
02-24-2013, 03:38 AM
i like to buy new clothes when i'm overseas.

PaulaQ
02-24-2013, 02:50 PM
Well possibly I won't pack anything after all. Things are not going so well, so maybe not such a good idea.

Xandra
02-24-2013, 03:05 PM
Good question. I usually take a few items - a couple of skirts, a top, some jewelry and underwear. Can't really leave it all at home, can I? :) Haven't had the courage to wear panties on a plane yet but will give it some serious thought when I take a trip next month.

PaulaQ
02-24-2013, 03:37 PM
My motto is "It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

Lol, that is exactly my philosophy! :)

Miriam-J
02-24-2013, 09:31 PM
My motto is "It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it."

My travel philosophy has always been pretty much the opposite, and I'm a minimalist packer (try 3 weeks in Europe with one carry-on case!). I figure I can always either get by without or find a replacement for anything that I left behind and needed. Of course, finding a replacement is a bit tougher with the femme gear, but I can still be pretty minimalist. I just have to clearly plan and envision the situations and durations that I expect to encounter.

Miriam

Ceri Anne
02-24-2013, 09:41 PM
There are a number of us who travel all the time. In fact a number who fly pretty also. Check out TxKimberly, she has a blog on the subject. Dressing when you are traveling is an awsome way to get out because you are not known in the area so can dress with no fear. I recommend your forms, a bra, panties, stockings, heels, skirt and blouse or dress and of course wig as a minimum along with a basic makup kit of foundation, blush, mascera and eye brow pencil and lip stick. Shadow and eye liner is optional as are false nails.

I usually travle with an extra bag for Ceri. I also fly Southwest normally so the extra bag is not a problem cost wise. I am then able to have a nightie or two, and 3 or 4 outfits and full makup kit. I've gone to regular resturaunts, gay bars (ones with drag shows are easily safe) and some other bars if I know the area. Shopping is always fun and just walking around. You may get some looks, but as long as in reasonalbe parts of town have never had any trouble.

Oh, DON'T FORGET MAKEUP REMOVER WIPES!! Good luck, have fun, be daring and tell us the stories.

PaulaQ
02-27-2013, 03:28 AM
I ended up bringing my forms, my wig, and a small makeup kit., and some stockings. I stopped at lane Bryant on the way to my destination, and got a dress, some garters, and some panties. I am not ready to venture outside yet, but my courage is getting there. I'm all dressed up in my hotel room, and loving it.