PDA

View Full Version : *** Deciding on a new name ***

Erica Marie
02-23-2013, 11:44 AM
Well after alot of thinking lately and trying to figure out really who I am, I decided to change my name. The first name I chose was "Mellissa (mellissawi)" I chose it because it was different and sounded cute, but I realized it wasnt who I was. I decided to change my name to Erica Marie. Seeing that Eric was the middle name given to me at birth. I just felt it was a better fit and it was part of who I am.
Has anyone else over time decided to change their name. If so what made you make the decision and how did you determine what new name to go with?

Crissy Kay
02-23-2013, 12:52 PM
Thats interesting Erica. I have read here and elsewhere, that some cds decide to change their name over time. I am kind of toying with it myself. Have not decided on it for sure yet. I kind of like the name"Suzzett". Or something similar. I do not plan to change my name here, but may on anther cd/sissy site I am on.

sandra-leigh
02-23-2013, 01:19 PM
The first name that I choose, I eventually changed when my sister pointed out that it was a name a few people had called her (the names were not obviously the same but they had the same linguistic origin.)

When/if I change my name legally I will probably go for something different than "Sandra-Leigh". I have some preferences but I have not decided. (A) by knowing "Sandra-Leigh" and my city, my postings here would be all too easy to find, and I don't need co-workers and potential employers to wander across me spilling my guts out; and (B) I haven't really decided if I like "Sandra-Leigh" enough to keep it; and (C) I don't know yet how comfortable I am renaming my public persona (tens of thousands of technical postings under a very male name) into a very female name; a name which is "more female than male" and yet still within the gray area might be better, perhaps, unless I am planning to Come Out fairly visibly.

Beverley Sims
02-23-2013, 01:51 PM
I worked on the problem for a long time before I chose my name.

AmyGaleRT
02-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Oh, I sure did. The first name I used was "Jaymie," which is based on my own middle name (and uses the spelling that a friend of mine used). Then I found out about the name my mother would have used for a girl if she'd had one, and I thought that was much better. So I became "Amy" and now it's pretty much official, since I use it online. I'm happy with it. :)

- Amy

Erica Marie
02-23-2013, 02:17 PM
Oh, I sure did. The first name I used was "Jaymie," which is based on my own middle name (and uses the spelling that a friend of mine used). Then I found out about the name my mother would have used for a girl if she'd had one, and I thought that was much better. So I became "Amy" and now it's pretty much official, since I use it online. I'm happy with it. :)

- Amy

I had the same thought. My mom also mentioned she had a girl name picked out but I thought it was more fitting using part of the name I was given. Kind of like it was meant to be that way.

Maria S
02-23-2013, 03:18 PM
I've always been Maria it feels like I was born with it (well a slight exageration). Most people keep their name that their parents gave them and to me Maria feels like the name to keep until the day I die. I have thought about changing it but it would be just for the sake of it. The last few days I have been considering a middle name to go with my middle initial "A". I have now decided on Abigail. A lot of people call themselves by their middle name if they do not like their first name. My mum was Lilian Jean but she hated being called Lilian so to the day she died she was Jean. So if I get fed up of Maria I've got another name to fall back on.

So now I am Maria Abigail Strange. Has a nice ring to it doesn't it?

Maria

Michelle13
02-23-2013, 11:32 PM
I'm still trying to find a new name that fits me, I'm not satisfied with the one I originally chose...