PDA

View Full Version : Another 'Look at me I actually did it' post.

becky77
02-23-2013, 12:44 PM
Hi everyone

Just wanted to share a breakthrough for me. I know i'm way behind compared to most of you.
But last night I went out to a TG club for the first time in 9 years and left my flat (block of 6, well lit hallway, very public) for the first time ever while dressed and drove there and back.
Big step for me, but oddly it just felt normal! :)

Ezekiel
02-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Well judging by your looks in that picture, you are quite passable, so I don't think you should mind the strangers. Congratulations by the way.

Jenniferathome
02-23-2013, 12:58 PM
.... but oddly it just felt normal! :)

THAT is the feeling I love. When you feel like that, you are confident and that translates to a more comfortable time out.

Angela Campbell
02-23-2013, 01:02 PM
I know the feeling, I have started going out from my home lately too and I am a bit nervous until I get about a block away then I feel fine. I used to go to a hotel and change then go out but I guess I am getting past that. Unless you are worried about the neighbors you have nothing to fear. You look pretty convincing in your avatar.

Persephone
02-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Way to go, Becky! Congrats!

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Hugs,
Persephone.

Erica Marie
02-23-2013, 01:29 PM
Becky as pretty as you I would not worry. You have the look and if you have the attitude/confidence to go with it you will do just fine.

Penny With_more
02-23-2013, 01:39 PM
Congrats Becky! Its a breathtaking experience isnt it?

So, let's hear about the details! Any interesting interactions? Did anyone try to hit on you? (I know I would hehe)

You are one of the cutest crossdressers on this forum! Time for the world to be amazed by your looks!

XOXO Penny

rachaelsloane
02-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Congrats on your outing. Next is to go to a mainstream club and what you'll find is that you'll have an even better time interacting and having great conversations with those you meet.

katlee
02-23-2013, 01:44 PM
Congrats glad you had fun :). I like to think that there is no ahead, no behind, just where you want to be mental and for some physically.

Tracii G
02-23-2013, 01:45 PM
Good for you and yes it feels normal for me too.

Beverley Sims
02-23-2013, 01:48 PM
Anoter first time I love first times, I love fast times too.
It will be as good when you do it again.

Emily_Safford
02-23-2013, 01:54 PM
aww yay! its so nice to be able to go out en femme! I have to make an hour drive to the closest TG friendly club. the 5 mile trip out of the small horrid little town I live in is always the hardest part. but arriving at the club and getting my skirt swaying makes it all worth it. love that "normal" feeling as well.

Emi ~.^

Donna Joanne
02-23-2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah for you. I've recently made a new friend who is a non Op TS who lives fulltime and is encouraging me to go out with her on a shopping trip dressed. Really considering doing it!

Maria S
02-23-2013, 03:01 PM
There is nothing like going out feeling and knowing it was meant to be. I've not had the opportunity to dress since Thursday and won't be able to dress until Monday lunchtime and boy am I having withdrawl symptoms of that feeling.

Maria

PattiAllison
02-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Good job, Becky! Don't worry, the more you do it, the more normal it will feel.

Michelle M
02-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Alright Becky! You're so pretty, I bet you lit up all of Essex last night!

suzy
02-23-2013, 10:10 PM
Way to go Becky! I am certain it was a giant step of many more to come... now don't even look back girlfriend!

brandi.tgurl
02-23-2013, 10:11 PM
congratulations on your outing. I've wanted to try a TG/CD friendly place for some time, but I don't know if I am ready for the interaction. I go out dressed often enough, but typically it is to run errands where I won't have to interact with anyone. I realize going out in public and interacting with the public are not that terribly different, but i still get nervous if I have to communicate with others. even in drab, i get nervous dealing with others outside of my comfort zone. and while dressed as a woman, i feel more confident... the nerves take over if i have to speak. did you go with a friend, or alone? how was the atmosphere? and, how did you feel when you were there.

nhlighthouse
02-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Good for you...some day soon I will venture out in full femme!...until then I am just shall we say just doing UNDERCOVER! I trying to erect a FOUNDATION to build my women on!

Michelle13
02-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Congrats! I'm glad it was easy for you! :)

Julie Denier
02-24-2013, 01:08 AM
Congrats! Bet you had fun -- and having seen your pics, can't imagine you had any problems ;)

Nichola
02-24-2013, 04:47 AM
Good for you Becky:) hope you had fun.

Cheryl T
02-24-2013, 09:27 AM
Don't feel you are "way behind". This isn't a competition. This is a journey we each take, following our own path at our own pace.
So happy that you had fun.
I agree, it does feel so normal and that's an incredible feeling.

Bree Wagner
02-24-2013, 09:31 AM
I'll add another congratulations! Hopefully it was a great experience and you can have plenty more fun and 'normal' chances to explore the workld.

-Bree

becky77
02-24-2013, 10:54 AM
THAT is the feeling I love. When you feel like that, you are confident and that translates to a more comfortable time out.
I definitely feel more confident as Becky, but then I have zero confidence as myself so that's not hard lol.

I know the feeling, I have started going out from my home lately too and I am a bit nervous until I get about a block away then I feel fine. I used to go to a hotel and change then go out but I guess I am getting past that. Unless you are worried about the neighbors you have nothing to fear. You look pretty convincing in your avatar.
I am worried about the neighbours to an extent, but I am reaching a point where I think, this is me deal with it or leave me alone.

Congrats Becky! Its a breathtaking experience isnt it?

So, let's hear about the details! Any interesting interactions? Did anyone try to hit on you? (I know I would hehe)

You are one of the cutest crossdressers on this forum! Time for the world to be amazed by your looks!

XOXO Penny
No one 'hit' on me, wasn't that sort of place and I kept myself to myself, I'm quite shy and I think I give off an unapproachable aura. Inside i'm smiling but I forget to tell my face that!

Congrats on your outing. Next is to go to a mainstream club and what you'll find is that you'll have an even better time interacting and having great conversations with those you meet.
A mainstream club I would probably be humiliated but a LGBT club would be good next, all small steps.

Yeah for you. I've recently made a new friend who is a non Op TS who lives fulltime and is encouraging me to go out with her on a shopping trip dressed. Really considering doing it!
Funnily enough the person I met that night and got on really well with is a pre-op TS, we were so similar in so many ways it has completely unsettled me.

congratulations on your outing. I've wanted to try a TG/CD friendly place for some time, but I don't know if I am ready for the interaction. I go out dressed often enough, but typically it is to run errands where I won't have to interact with anyone. I realize going out in public and interacting with the public are not that terribly different, but i still get nervous if I have to communicate with others. even in drab, i get nervous dealing with others outside of my comfort zone. and while dressed as a woman, i feel more confident... the nerves take over if i have to speak. did you go with a friend, or alone? how was the atmosphere? and, how did you feel when you were there.
I went on my own. The atmosphere was good it's a great place to go if you want a safe venue go dressed and meet others, when I was there I was nervous but only because I am shy and not good with meeting others. As Becky and dressed it is totally natural and normal for me. I didn't have to interact with anyone so really I am yet to truly experience the being out and about bit.

Don't feel you are "way behind". This isn't a competition. This is a journey we each take, following our own path at our own pace.
So happy that you had fun.
I agree, it does feel so normal and that's an incredible feeling.

It is a journey, if only there was a map :)

Linda Leigh
02-24-2013, 11:04 AM
You look great and should not encounter any problems :) CONGRATULATIONS :)

Linda

Kalista Jameson
02-24-2013, 11:17 AM
Hi Becky! Congrats on stepping out. Honestly from your pics, I remember your polka dot dress thread and you have a body and face many women would love to have, so I definitely wouldn't worry about getting read, unless you're a bass and asked for directions. If anything I'd worry about men stalking you to pick you up, lol. No, don't worry, I'm just being humorous.

Still on the inside, I know what you mean about being self conscious, but hopefully after your experience you'll feel more confident the next time and it will keep getting better. Keep it up. :)

Congrats,

Kalista

Stacy Sissy CD
02-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Wow Becky, congratulations. Mind you, your profile photo is gorgeous! If I looked as pretty as you then I would have the confidence to go out in public.

qaws123uk
02-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Sounds like you had a great time. Any more plans to go out?? What do you wear?? Did you drive in your heels?

kimdl93
02-26-2013, 11:10 PM
Congratulations, Becky! It's rather fun to feel oddly normal, isn't it?

Ceri Anne
02-26-2013, 11:27 PM
You look incredible Becky, your expression based on your profile pic is very fem. I know you fit in just scrumptiously! Congrats, it is a very big first step and takes tons of courage for all of us.

becky77
02-27-2013, 04:35 AM
Congratulations, Becky! It's rather fun to feel oddly normal, isn't it?
I don't know if I would call it fun, the word I would say was natural. There was no thrill just a sense of this is how it should be for me. I will be doing it again and will try a day time coffee or shopping trip. Never thought I would do that or want to do that? It's all messed with how I see myself.

Sounds like you had a great time. Any more plans to go out?? What do you wear?? Did you drive in your heels?

I drove in flats, wanted to be sensible so the day before I ran into a shoe shop and bought some flat pumps. I wore a red dress my wife had bought for me a couple of days before, not a great picture but this is the outfit I chose:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8108/8494601991_93803be499.jpg

Kathy4ever
02-27-2013, 05:17 AM
Waay to go Becky. The way you look in your avattar you should have no problems going any where. Just stay confident and have fun.

princesshart
02-27-2013, 05:21 AM
Becky77
Congratulations ! You look great:-)

linda allen
02-27-2013, 07:18 AM
Great story. I know you had a good time and this will be the first step of many.

Kelly Smith
03-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Big step for me, but oddly it just felt normal! :)

It does feel normal, doesn't it? For us, it IS normal. It also feels great!

cdmcconnell84
03-07-2013, 12:26 AM
"First time in 9 years" eh?

I took a break from dressing and going out for several years myself. After going out a bit in college I travelled a lot, worked abroad, started a serious relationship... somehow my "femme life" got pushed aside for a bit. Finally, this last year I've realized that it's something I have to embrace more fully.

It's strange the sort of detours we can sometimes take, but I'm glad that you seem to be happy to be back on the "gurl track" - I know I am!

BLUE ORCHID
03-07-2013, 09:05 AM
Hi Becky, You are out there now there's no turning back.

amy96
03-07-2013, 09:30 AM
Congrats! I remember doing that for the first time last year. I was so nervous, but once I got to the bar and the waiter smiled and gave me a drink, I had an incredible time. I felt so sexy--make sense?