PDA

View Full Version : What physical attribute or yours makes passing difficult?

Ressie
02-23-2013, 05:53 PM
My hands are too large. Cupping helps a little, but hiding them completely is best. Other than the size of my hands I think I could pass with the right makeup etc.

I'm 5' 8", have decent legs, face isn't too manly, but can almost palm a basketball!

Jenniferathome
02-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Hands may be an issue but virtually all males have a jaw line issue. It is just plain different than a woman's. Now, throw in the adams apple, generally broader shoulders, shorter legs compared to body length (women are the opposite) and it is really an amalgamation of many attributes that give us away and hence why it is so difficult to "pass"

Melissa Rose
02-23-2013, 06:25 PM
It is rarely a single attribute, but the summation of the many subtle male markers that gives most away. There are birds that quack like a duck, there are others that walk like a duck, and there are some that look like a duck, but unless all three characteristics are present, those birds are not misidentified as a duck upon causal inspection.

My nose is probably one of my most male characteristic, and the one thing I would have altered if I could only choose one (besides SRS which no one else sees while clothed, thus not involved with passing unless naked).

Passing beyond the casual glance stage is difficult for most cross dressers. There is no way to know how well you "pass" unless everyone you encounter is polled in a non-leading way.

I Am Paula
02-23-2013, 06:35 PM
Every time you come home, if you haven't been burned at the stake by angry villiagers, you've done fine. Short of Thai girls, not many pass any serious scrutiny. That being said...The world is a MUCH more accepting place than alot of the girls here give it credit for. I go out every single day, in a small town, or a nieghboring city, with NO problems what so ever. I do not pass, but I try to be all the woman I can. The key is being courteous, confident, always being a lady, and being assertive (modern women don't tolerate being pushed around.)-Celeste

Diana Bain
02-23-2013, 06:37 PM
Lets see...6'1"...large hands...big feet and linebacker shoulders. But I go out Fem away and enjoy myself..."passing"...thats for the young who can.:)

SarahMarie42
02-23-2013, 06:43 PM
The fact that I have a "male insignia" tattooed on my neck. :P

Just kidding.

I dunno, I try not to think about it anymore >_>

Eryn
02-23-2013, 06:48 PM
Too tall, upper arms too large, hands too large, jaw too square, deep voice, etc.

On the plus side, I have great legs, minimal Adam's apple, nice hazel eyes and a small(ish) nose.

Every GG agonizes about the imperfections they have. None of them give a moment's thought to "passing." They know that they're GGs and present that way confidently. I try to emulate that.

SarahMarie42
02-23-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm actually going to go with my eyebrows and my chin -- luckily, I can change one of those.

My jaw isn't terrible, but seems terrible in a certain light (i.e. my avatar), so I don't worry about THAT too much.

Lynn Marie
02-23-2013, 06:54 PM
I often go to Seattle restaurants on Thursdays with the girls from Emerald City. When the hostess greets me, I usually tell them "I'm looking for a couple of tall girls with big hands and deep voices". They always laugh.

AltairaMorbius
02-23-2013, 07:09 PM
In drab I pass for Bigfoot, any questions?

windycissy
02-23-2013, 07:23 PM
Every GG agonizes about the imperfections they have. None of them give a moment's thought to "passing." They know that they're GGs and present that way confidently. I try to emulate that.

That is a brilliant observation and so true...my hands are also my least feminine aspect, although I find that a natural-looking manicure or press-on-nails helps to feminize them. You're so lucky to be short and pretty, accentuate the positive as the old song goes!

Angela Campbell
02-23-2013, 07:26 PM
My arms are the thing. I can compensate with longer sleeves, big bracelets, and nice fingernails. Everything else is as good as I could ask for. I guess.

Kate Simmons
02-23-2013, 07:30 PM
Not many Hon but, then again, I don't care about "passing" anyway. I just go out to have fun socializing and dancing and have no other agenda really.:)

Candice Mae
02-23-2013, 08:26 PM
My hands, at work and my hobbies they really take a lot of abuse. I would also say my legs I built them up for hockey when I was younger, still look like tree trunks to me.

ArleneRaquel
02-23-2013, 08:29 PM
I'm really not a good judge, but I know that I am way less passable than I would like to be. My Adam's apple is small, my hands are not that large, maybe my jaw structure gives me away.

Sandi Beach
02-23-2013, 08:37 PM
Everything about my eyes.

stacycoral
02-23-2013, 08:40 PM
I would have to say my hands, and height, if i could get a good coverup on my face it would help, and the worst thing is my adam apple, owell what a girl to do, hugs,

katlee
02-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Broad shoulders and I have a Tom Arnold big head.

Julogden
02-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Height mainly, 6'5" tall in my bare feet. My feet are a bit big for my height, but if I was 5'6" and everything else shrank in scale, they'd be acceptable, if still a bit large for my height. My hands are actually small for my size, no problem there. I'm somewhat challenged in the scalp hair department too, always had a high hairline, and now it's going on top. Jawline could be more feminine too, but it's not too bad. Back when I went out a lot, I often passed if I was sitting, and even on occasion when I was standing/walking, and I've been mistaken for female a few times even when dressed totally as a man, so I feel that if I could shrink a foot or so, I'd be passable in most situations.

Carol

Michelle M
02-23-2013, 09:10 PM
The "widow's peak" is a dead giveaway, but I hate wigs. My hands aren't huge, but my fingers are thick, and I'm constantly breaking fingernails.

mmarmstrong
02-23-2013, 09:12 PM
Crazy thick eyebrows, quite tall and obviously the voice.

But then again, very few GG's are perfectly happy with all their features...confidence is more important that appearance alone, IMHO

BLUE ORCHID
02-23-2013, 09:13 PM
Probably the biggest thing would be being born a male.

suzy
02-23-2013, 09:17 PM
Gave up "passing" long ago....Now it is just me time.....I love being me....

Erica Marie
02-23-2013, 10:00 PM
I have yet attempted to pass my way into the real world. But I think besides hands, I would have to say my insecurity would give me away. I have never been a very confident person. So that is the first thing I would have to work on.

GinaM
02-23-2013, 10:31 PM
I have giant shoulders and back because I lift. I also have really muscular legs but with nylons they actually look really good.

marny
02-23-2013, 10:39 PM
probably that it looks like I put on my makeup with my two left feet! :eg::eg:

Crissy Kay
02-23-2013, 10:58 PM
I would say my face. The rest of me does not look that bad dressed up. I really do have a couple of dresses, that I will wear once in a while.

Ressie
02-24-2013, 09:45 AM
I like the honest answers and also the humor. :) My back and deltoid muscles are also rather big and muscular looking even though I don't do body building exercises. The upper arms look better covered too.

Ezekiel
02-24-2013, 09:49 AM
I don't mind my hands, I'm skinny and no muscles even though I did sport in my teens. I have wasp waist naturally so I am okay in that sense. What I hate the most, and I really hate it, is my chin. Its not like its very big, its just the shape, its not round enough its flat on the tip. I hate it. First thing I'll modify when I get the money for sure.

Kate Simmons
02-24-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm not saying I don't have manly characteristics but I minimize them by my approach to things. While my hands(and feet) are small(or so I'm told) for a guy, I still make my movements "talk" for me. I use enhancers for hips and breasts when I go out but as I said my approach and body language enhance my female presentation. Also using slightly larger blouses and dresses to minimize broader shoulders, etc. In any case, when I move and dance, it definitely does not scream out "guy" to others.That realization would only come on much closer inspection.It is an art of illusion after all.:)

Beverley Sims
02-24-2013, 11:03 AM
Probably my jaw line.
5'8" 140 lbs, narrow shoulders, no adams apple to speak of, slim body line, hairless legs and good cleavage is all I have to work on.

Engendered
02-24-2013, 11:29 AM
I've always had a big problem with my nose. But my face in general seems to be masculinizing as I get older, even though I'm getting better at feminizing. Genetics will win the battle unfortunately. :D

Raychel
02-24-2013, 11:34 AM
Lets see, Other then my face, My beer belly, Broad shoulders, Hairy arms ect.
I just look like a guy, good thing I don't go out or try to pass. I would be a huge failure.

But a good test for a make over artist. If they could make me look pretty
they can do anything.

Ambrosia
02-24-2013, 11:43 AM
The lack of an hour glass figure makes passing difficult.

Donna St. Marten
02-24-2013, 12:01 PM
It would have to be my Adam's Apple.

Cary
02-24-2013, 12:08 PM
I have a huge upper body due to walking on crutches for over 30yrs. Large hands and arms with giant shoulders are not very lady like. No passing for me, so I say in the house.:-)

Maria S
02-24-2013, 12:17 PM
I am lucky that most of my physical attributes are not particularly masculine. I have a big head (no jokes please) so to compensate I always wear a wig with a fringe to cover the forehead.

Maria

Debra Russell
02-24-2013, 12:19 PM
My butt-----------I don't have one, would desperatly like a female bottom:sad:.........................Debra

Lynn Marie
02-24-2013, 01:05 PM
The lack of an hour glass figure makes passing difficult.

I'm guessing that around 70% of the female population of the US feel the same way! You're in good company.

Janet Bern
02-24-2013, 01:10 PM
For me at 6'/2' it is my height.

Mikkigurll
02-24-2013, 02:21 PM
I would have to say my voice.

Stevie
02-24-2013, 02:37 PM
My upper body and face. Deep voice doesn't help either.

KimberlyJean
02-24-2013, 05:33 PM
I've gotten pretty good at dressing for my body type and the hip pads help alot, I don't have a visiable adam's apple and my face looks like my mother's. On the other hand I am 6'1" 230lbs, I just remind myself that there are big girls out there.

Rogina B
02-24-2013, 06:06 PM
Every time you come home, if you haven't been burned at the stake by angry villiagers, you've done fine. Short of Thai girls, not many pass any serious scrutiny. That being said...The world is a MUCH more accepting place than alot of the girls here give it credit for. I go out every single day, in a small town, or a nieghboring city, with NO problems what so ever. I do not pass, but I try to be all the woman I can. The key is being courteous, confident, always being a lady, and being assertive (modern women don't tolerate being pushed around.)-Celeste

I am out all the time and Celeste sums it up quite well as I see it.I make new friends in the mainstream world regularly ,as a "T something".More and more GGs find it cool to have a "T" as a friend,regardless of our imperfections...

allesha10
02-24-2013, 06:21 PM
My facial features, nose is big and so are ears.

sometimes_miss
02-25-2013, 08:07 PM
In drab I pass for Bigfoot, any questions?
+1. Sure, I know there are probably female sasquatches out there, but that's not what I'm really wanting to look like either.

RenneB
02-25-2013, 08:59 PM
During my last visit to wallyworld, I too must say that most of the GGs and GMs don't 'pass' for the mainstream media version of their own gender. Then there's the Big Ang. I sweat I had to look her up to see if she was GG or GM. Big head, hair style not age appropriate, ginormus breasts, thick neck, lips out of proportion with her face, nose that doesn't fit her face and a really deep voice. I'm thinking she gets "sir'd" now and then.

With that being said, I do the best I can with what I've got, try to look good and then head on out the door. No, I'm not the perfect size, shape, etc that the media says a lady of my age should look like, but then most of the world isn't. So just do your best, I mean come on people, flip flops and sweats is not what you wear to the store, and head on out. 95% of the time, most people don't care. That's how it works when you have the IDC 'tude... with style that is....

Renne.....

racquelr
02-25-2013, 10:24 PM
For me, I'd have to go with my face, especially my nose.
I actually have hips/butt/legs that are more feminine than masculine.

Bree Wagner
02-25-2013, 11:42 PM
Geez, where to begin? Jawline, nose, eyebrows, VOICE, hands, upper arms... But I really try to do just as Eryn so expertly put below.

Some of the giveaways can be disguised like sweaters or jackets to cover the big arms, speaking softly, or practicing makeup. But the best things I've noticed to cover up whatever you think the flaws might be are a nice big smile and a great attitude. Good luck all!

-Bree

sonna
02-25-2013, 11:58 PM
i got one of thos voices to soft for a guy to deep for a girl..............just cant win

noeleena
02-26-2013, 04:01 AM
Hi,

Not that it matters , Im accepted for who i am ...not... how i look, as a woman im a few details missing , though it has opened many door's , In getting through to people & talking with them.

My detail is not looking like a normal female would look, facial features ,It could have distroyed me had i let it, being a strong woman iv been able to get through it,

...noeleena...

Jennifer Kelly
02-26-2013, 04:30 AM
I have fairly broad shoulders. So no sleeveless dresses or tops for me. Also I'm 5'11", which makes me 6'2" or 6'3" in heels. Other than that, I just need to lose some weight.

Nikki50/50
02-26-2013, 05:45 AM
Extremely thick dark facial hair. I can pass, but only after grinding in so much foundation makeup that a belt sander is needed later to take it off.

erickka
02-26-2013, 06:17 AM
It would be a toss up between my hands (which is a given) and my nose.

Ressie
02-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Extremely thick dark facial hair. I can pass, but only after grinding in so much foundation makeup that a belt sander is needed later to take it off.

I've been lucky in this area. I've never been very hairy anywhere and now that my beard is mostly white it doesn't show at all once shaved. I don't even need foundation makeup. I love dark hair, but feel sorry for those that have to deal with dark, thick facial hair.

CarmenSkye
02-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Definitely my height. Being 6 ft is a curse. I also have big hands...

suchacutie
02-26-2013, 12:33 PM
Nose, broad shoulders, a bit tall in heels, and too small on the bottom! None of it's the end of the world, but any kind of close scrutiny would unravel the illusion.

Memzy
02-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Before I was full time, I always thought my hands were way too big, but its really my long piano fingers. My family is full of piano players. I also thought my nose was too big as well, especially since I fractured it years ago. The funny thing is, the worst thing that's been said to me since going full time has been. "Arnt you a cute tomboy" I laughed really hard.

I think we are all our worst judges! Like others have said. Have confidence in yourselves, walk the walk and you'll do just fine!

EDIT: Also forgot to point out that women come in all shapes, sizes, and personalities!

April_Ligeia
02-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Currently 6'4" (height is decreasing with age) and 250 pounds (I'm trying to decrease this but it's not easy, I'm not really fat). Also a deep voice, but size and shape give me away before I speak.

Chickhe
02-26-2013, 01:23 PM
I would have to vote for facial hair, body and hairline. My beard is not that bad, but it takes a lot to cover it and never looks natural...and then its the male pattern on your head. I'm amazed at what a wig does and you can look good with minimal makeup if you don't have any beard shadow. All the rest falls in to the realm of probability for any woman, so just work with what you have, you can make your big hands look smaller and more femine by removing the hair.

DonnaT
02-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Large arms, and being overweight.

But my daughter saw one of my avatar pictures, and, although she didn't recognize me, she knew it was a man.

Jennifer Kelly
02-26-2013, 02:43 PM
Forgot about the hands. I have that problem too. And my big ol feet. I'm a size 15 in women's shoes. That's going to draw some notice.

Jaymees22
02-26-2013, 02:45 PM
The physical attribute that I am a man. I feel size wise I fall into the norm for women, but my hands and feet are a little large for a woman of my size. My nose and ears are big for a man or a woman, at least as a woman I can cover my ears and Barbra Streisands nose is bigger. Jaymee

Petra_Briar
02-26-2013, 04:33 PM
My eye brow line, jaw and guess my 6'6" height do not make it easy.....

audreyinalbany
02-26-2013, 06:00 PM
face is too old and wrinkly and gut is too big

Barbara Maria
02-26-2013, 10:15 PM
My face,with makeup,lipstick and wig,could probably pass. And I'm amazed at how nice my legs look in pantyhose. But at 6'2'',260 pounds,size 13 feet and a voice that borders on baritone range,I doubt if I'd blend in too well.

Rachel Morley
02-26-2013, 10:34 PM
What physical attribute? How long have you got because it's a long list. The main ones are brow ridge, nose, rough facial skin and muscular arms.

Diane Smith
02-26-2013, 11:43 PM
My big round nose and receding hairline are tied for worst features. On the other hand, I have small and delicate hands and pretty nice legs. It kind of balances out, I suppose.

- Diane

NathalieX66
02-26-2013, 11:45 PM
I have elbows and knees that have bumps on the side........not very feminine.

Aylineira
02-26-2013, 11:52 PM
In my opinion it's my overall body shape. My wife tells me that I look like a female soccer player dressed up when I crossdress.