PDA

View Full Version : Our pix have been copied and used elsewhere!

DanaJ
12-08-2005, 10:27 PM
I was just alerted via PM that one of the images I have shown here has been copied and used on another website. Whereas I don't care that my femme pic is being shown, I do strongly object to the fact that it was used without my permission!

In fact, there were many members who had photos that I recognize from here, such as:

Amy (Raines)
Ava Mouse
Aloha Dana
DanaJ (me)
TGMarla
Angel Darling & MarlaGG
BrendaChristine
CharlotteSomers
mitzi
Jesse69
JanW
Deelite
Catherine Hart

There are more I think I recognize from this forum, but can't be 100% sure.

Here is the link - http://community.webshots.com/album/406791941CAmvtK
And there is a menu for more photo albums on the top left, there are 2 pages for each album

There is a link on each page to report a violation, I have already registered my complaint. Now, it is true that once you post a pic on the web, it is fair game - but, if it is your pic, you do pwn the rights to it and complain about its usage if you have not given permission.

Ok, you may care or not care, but I thought I would alert everyone. And a big shout out to suanne and Angel Darling for finding these.

Kierci
12-08-2005, 10:31 PM
Thats very good information to know Dana Thank You VERY MUCH I guess I will spend some time there myself to see who I see.:eek:

uknowhoo
12-08-2005, 10:34 PM
This is rather disturbing.
Thanks for giving us the heads up.
Tammi

Faye Emmette
12-08-2005, 10:42 PM
That's a spookie situation we have here.
Here we all are enjoying peace of mind among friends and our security has been abused.
I could not find any of me there so couldn't "put it up 'em" but I am annoyed :mad:

They should be penalised.

Kim E
12-08-2005, 10:44 PM
Dana ~
Thanks for the heads up also. I didn't think the photo captions were very positive or flattering either.

Kim

size7satin
12-08-2005, 10:44 PM
From what I understand as soon as you take a picture you own the rights to it. You created it, it is yours and can only be used with your permission. If you post it to a website that usally gives them the right to use it but if you wanted it removed they would have to.

or at least that is what I have read about on photo theifs on ebay.

Kierci
12-08-2005, 10:47 PM
CNET Networks has registered a designated agent with the Copyright Office pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(c). If you believe your copyright material is being used on this Web site without permission, please notify the designated agent at:
General Counsel
CNET Networks, Inc.
235 Second Street San Francisco, CA 94105
415/344.2000

DanaJ
12-08-2005, 10:57 PM
I just wanted to say - this will in no way stop me from posting pix here. I want to say this again, just to be sure everyone sees it....

There is a link on every page to report violations, it is just under the photos. Please use that link there to complain.

TGMarla
12-08-2005, 11:07 PM
I saw two pics of me on there. I submitted them as violations and requested that they be removed. I hope everyone else does the same. We need to continue to monitor the site to stop any future violations, too.

And one of them was a lousy shot, too!

Tamara Croft
12-08-2005, 11:07 PM
Ok, well just so you all know, as far as rules here go, we have a clause in our forum policy. http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/faq.php?faq=forum_rules#faq_photography

So whom ever it is, has clearly violated this policy and will be dealt with accordingly.

Any members' photographs posted on this forum may NOT be used on any other website, unless you have prior consent from the member who posted the picture. Those pictures are under copyright protection of the individual member.

TGMarla
12-08-2005, 11:09 PM
JennyAz asked me, if this is what we see now, how many more are there when you join the site? Good question. And how many other sites have stolen pics as well? Is this only the tip of the iceberg?

Sharon
12-08-2005, 11:10 PM
We know whose page it is and she also has a Yahoo Page with these and many other photos.

This member will be dealt with.

Kierci
12-08-2005, 11:13 PM
does anyone know where to look on yahoo to start getting them off?

DanaJ
12-08-2005, 11:15 PM
does anyone know where to look on yahoo to start getting them off?It is being taken care of now.....

freshfrankie
12-08-2005, 11:17 PM
That's a horrible thing to do. When I figure out how to post a photo I still will do it but is there any way to stop these morons from posting pictures on this site elsewhere on the internet? Big Hugs. People that do such awful things are LOSERS!

Love Jeannie

PS All I have to say to them is"GET A LIFE YOU JERKS"

Angela Burke
12-08-2005, 11:19 PM
I've seen pics of many of the girls who contribute to this forum on the site indicated, I always assumed (wrongly?) they had submitted them themselves or were happy with them being shown.
If the girl concerned is not happy then it most certainly is an unacceptable invasion of privacy.
Well done to all who brought this matter to light.

Love Angela XX

size7satin
12-08-2005, 11:19 PM
Here is a LINK (http://www.bulls2.com/indexb/putyounameonyourimages.html) on how to add your name & copyright on your picks.

Tamara Croft
12-08-2005, 11:31 PM
This thread is now being closed as the matter is being dealt with. Please do not post anymore links regarding this thread.

Thankyou.

DanaJ
12-09-2005, 04:54 PM
OK, looks like WebShots moved fast, I see that webpage with all our photos is no longer available. One down, one to go....

Sharon
12-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Both the Webshots and the offending Yahoo Group have been shut down as of earlier today.

If any member ever discovers photos from this forum on any other site, please contact a moderator immediately. We cannot allow any member's privacy to be violated in this manner.

Sharon
12-12-2005, 02:04 AM
It has come to my attention that there are other Webshots Pages, controlled by the same, now former, member.
Webshots has been contacted yet again, and I anticipate their removal of the pages.

EDIT -- All Webshots pages, to my knowledge, have been removed. One page (Elinordick) contains thumbnails, but these photos cannot be viewed in any other manner.

Again -- if anyone becomes aware of further use of forum photos, please contact any moderator.