PDA

View Full Version : Men's Fashion at the Oscars (Oxymoron)

Jamie001
02-24-2013, 10:25 PM
The title of this thread is the best oxymoron ever! I wonder if any of the men at the Oscars were having any of the following conversations:

1. Dude, do you realize that we look exactly the same? We look like clones of each other with no originality or self expression! We are just black and white even though high-definition television of today can display four billion different shades of color. Why the heck are we wearing this drab black and white crap?

2. Dude, why are you wearing almost exactly the same clothing that I'm wearing? Where the Hell is your individuality?

3. Dude, do you realize that look like a flock of fracking Penguins in these black and white monkey suits?

4. Dude, why are all of the women wearing beautiful colors while we are wearing these stupid penguin suits? Why are we wearing this crap?

The only males that stepped out of the male fashion prison and dared to show any individuality were Samuel L. Jackson with the maroon jacket and William Shatner as Captian James T. Kirk in his bright red Starfleet Uniform.

No wonder a lot of males crossdress because in formal situations there is no way to display any individuality. Male formal fashion is a joke yet most males don't realize that they are the victims of the joke.

If the Oscars had been held during the 1700's, men would have been dressed in many colors, lace, and high-heels and we would have seen a lot of individuality.

Wildaboutheels
02-24-2013, 10:44 PM
At ANY of those high class events, rarely will you see any men dress "flashy" or different than the rest. ANY of those men in attendance can afford anything they want. Including custom tailor made clothing in their choice of fabric, colors and styles

WOMEN don't care is the simple reason why most men are happy dressing "dull". [to "most" here]

Men dress "good enough" for most women.

SarahMarie42
02-24-2013, 10:45 PM
It's because they're all part of a gang. Duh.

AllieSF
02-24-2013, 10:54 PM
I like the look of a man in a tuxedo, including myself when I wear one. They do not look dull and boring to me because they only wear tuxedo's on formal occasions and are a joy to see. I have all my women's clothes to keep me happy with different styles, looks, colors and fabrics, plus all the accessories.

Lorileah
02-24-2013, 10:59 PM
If you are astute you will see they are not at all dressed alike. They may be similar but each cut, trim accessory is different

Ceri Anne
02-24-2013, 11:08 PM
A tux looks sharp, but you are right, its boring, the fashion of centuries ago was much broader. Society today has evolved to the point of objectifying womens beauty, which is why the red carpet is all about them and the dress, jewlery and hair. Yes, this is one of the reasons I dress. I would love to attend an Oscar viewing party dressed in my finest.........

When I do dress up in male mode (not drab since I'm dressing up) I pay alot of attention to the fabric weight, texture and pattern along with the cut of the shirt, weave of the tie, style of the jacket and the feel of the lining. I think many men pay attention to this, except the ones who consider dressing up to be drab.

Jamie001
02-24-2013, 11:50 PM
WOMEN don't care is the simple reason why most men are happy dressing "dull". [to "most" here]
Men dress "good enough" for most women.

Do men just care about pleasing women with their choice of clothing without any regard to individuality? Don't they care that they look exactly like all of the other guys attending the formal event? Maybe I just can't grasp this concept because I'm transgendered.

I like the look of a man in a tuxedo, including myself when I wear one. They do not look dull and boring to me because they only wear tuxedo's on formal occasions and are a joy to see. I have all my women's clothes to keep me happy with different styles, looks, colors and fabrics, plus all the accessories.

At your wedding you can look forward to dressing exactly like the waiter that is serving the food. :brolleyes:

If you are astute you will see they are not at all dressed alike. They may be similar but each cut, trim accessory is different

It is relative. Your statement is true when comparing men's fashion. On the other hand, just look at the profound differences in women's fashion.

Beverley Sims
02-25-2013, 05:18 AM

Lorileah, You are being picky now....
Picky, but correct.

Being Paige
02-25-2013, 11:50 AM
They all need to take a look at Don Cherry!! His suit jackets and ties are the best, definately Oscar material. One classy dresser imo. Just saying lol.

calebsmithxd
02-25-2013, 04:21 PM
I think the issue is that there are many men that don't care about color and patterns and prefer to express their individuality in other ways that are not clothing related.