PDA

View Full Version : Treat you like a girl while drab?

Briana90802
02-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Has any one else had this happen? At work I find that girls talk to me like I'm a girl. They talk About their boyfriends, diets, their hair, their birth control, their periods, their girlie things and everything else that goes along with it. Of course i know why they talk to me about these things but they seem puzzled by it. And the worst part is is that I can't tell them why they talk to me this way.

Anyone else have this problem?

I Am Paula
02-25-2013, 12:29 AM
I don't do drab, but my GG friends sometimes forget that I'm not a good advisor on matters of yeast infections, and hot flashes. I'm flattered that they ask, and think of me as one of them, but the maxi pad in my purse is just decorative.-Celeste

Chickhe
02-25-2013, 01:01 AM
I've had it happen, but also with guys too...people seem to tell me all kinds of stuff I don't really want to know... I'm just a good listener and I'm pretty quiet when I can't think of anything to say....and by default I get included and I'm too nice to object. Try adding some input and if you do it subtle enough no one will miss a beat, but too much and they will suddenly realize you are not 'supposed' to know about the subject.

PaulaQ
02-25-2013, 01:49 AM
Well **** me sideways. I always had a problem making friends with women, getting them to tell me their issues, instead of dating me. This was so frustrating. I'd never thought about it until this thread - seriously - but now that you say this, well ****, why didn't this ever occur to me? My goodness.

Yeah, Briana, I absolutely believe I've had this problem. Wow.

Diane Smith
02-25-2013, 01:53 AM
Anyone else have this problem?

All my life. But I wouldn't call it a "problem."

- Diane

Beverley Sims
02-25-2013, 05:14 AM
I think it is because you are there, have a less aggressive attitude and fit into their conversational life better than others.
I have the same problem and I feel honoured that the girls confide in me.

Kate Simmons
02-25-2013, 05:43 AM
Women do tend to confide in me more than other guys. Their intuition must guide them, even if it's not openly obvious who I am.:)

Rogina B
02-25-2013, 05:49 AM
It is not a problem! Enjoy your acceptance of being a good person to talk with!

Briana90802
02-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Well **** me sideways. I always had a problem making friends with women, getting them to tell me their issues, instead of dating me. This was so frustrating. I'd never thought about it until this thread - seriously - but now that you say this, well ****, why didn't this ever occur to me? My goodness.

Yeah, Briana, I absolutely believe I've had this problem. Wow.

Glad to year that I'm not alone.

Btw, I don't consider it a problem that they talk to me like I'm a girl, the problem lies in that I am unable to tell them why. "Hey, the reason you can talk to me so openly is because I'd love to be just like you and dress like you and etc... Because I love all things femme and wish I could tell you." *slap

sometimes_miss
02-25-2013, 08:27 PM
Has any one else had this happen? At work I find that girls talk to me like I'm a girl. They talk About their boyfriends, diets, their hair, their birth control, their periods, their girlie things and everything else that goes along with it. Of course i know why they talk to me about these things but they seem puzzled by it. And the worst part is is that I can't tell them why they talk to me this way. Anyone else have this problem?
Never thought of it as a problem; I've been in female occupations for so long, it's just part of natural conversation. But no, they might not have any clue about you're crossdressing, you just might seem like a friendly guy they can bounce ideas off of. I've lived with that for what, 40 years now, and it's hard sometimes to keep from blurting out stuff about my wanting to wear girl stuff or even want to be a girl sometimes.

Debglam
02-25-2013, 08:29 PM
It is not a problem! Enjoy your acceptance of being a good person to talk with!

I agree. I have some "girlfriends" at work and we talk about lots of things. I think a big part of it is that (stereotyping here) unlike a typical guy, I LISTEN to what they have to say.

Enjoy it!

Debby

MissTee
02-25-2013, 11:41 PM
All my life I've heard, " . . . . you're just like one of us girls," from the ladies. They tell me it's because I appear to have a strong intuition and I seem to really listen. My wife calls the ladies at the office my "peeps" because we go on shopping trips together. So, yes, it's happened and I think it's good to be see as a good listener.

PaulaQ
02-25-2013, 11:59 PM

Btw, I don't consider it a problem that they talk to me like I'm a girl, the problem lies in that I am unable to tell them why. "Hey, the reason you can talk to me so openly is because I'd love to be just like you and dress like you and etc... Because I love all things femme and wish I could tell you." *slap

My mind is still blown by this realization! *brain explodes* Sorry.

At the time, I was lonely and frustrated. My CD desires were BURIED. The male part of my personality is really structured and orderly - like an apple store. But an angry apple store - imagine if apple made and iGun, what the stores that sold iGuns would be like. That's what it's like in here. Paula was crated up in a box that said "return, defective" in the back room of the store. I was sure I had this locked down.

But I guess they could see something in me that I couldn't. I had no trouble making friends with girls. I had tons of female friends. It was so incredibly frustrating to try to date someone and have them talk about their boyfriend troubles instead. I'm a good listener, and I cared, but I'll be honest, I cried a lot on the way home in frustration! In the end though, I've always liked having female friends. I still do - and hey, turns out I want to be one some of the time. Go figure.

I was never as honest with myself at your age - it's taken me 40 years to be honest with myself. I respect you a lot for this thread!

Jamie001
02-26-2013, 12:38 AM

Why can't you just tell them? I always tell them but they can usually see that I'm a feminine male. The purse, capri pants, women's sandals and red toenails let them know that I'm playing for the girls team.

IamSara
02-26-2013, 08:46 AM
The girls do the same to me also. I enjoy it and and glad to be included in the conversations,even if I can't relate to some of the topics. I would love to tell them that I am TS but that just would fly at this time.

Briana90802
02-26-2013, 09:06 AM
Why can't you just tell them? I always tell them but they can usually see that I'm a feminine male. The purse, capri pants, women's sandals and red toenails let them know that I'm playing for the girls team.

If only? I work as a server/waiter. Lots of males there. Besides there's a lot of drama there because they're all younger than me. I think one or two may already know, I mean what guy talks about their eyebrows and false lashes? Or knows more about bra fitting than a girl?

tiffanyjo89
02-26-2013, 09:11 AM
Wait, you talk about bra fitting and eyebrows? Yeah, I would say they most definitely know. What guy would know about bra fitting unless he's either a crossdresser or has a girlfriend/wife?