PDA

View Full Version : well i did it

sonna
02-26-2013, 10:39 AM
i just called a gender theripest my insurance covers it except for the co pay
its only 35 dollers there going to call me back latter today to let me know
what my times will be..i told them any time after 6pm.

i dont know why but that was a hard phone call to make.
so well see how it goes.

Janelle_C
02-26-2013, 11:05 AM
It's a great gift to give your self. When I called my therapist for the first time it was so hard for me I had never told anyone but my wife. And I had just fond this site. I cried on the phone the first time I talked to her, it was such a release to tell someone else. It's been a gift. I hope it all goes well for you. Hugs Janelle

melissaK
02-26-2013, 11:07 AM
Sweet! Mine aren't covered under mine or my wife's policies . . .

Laurie Ann
02-26-2013, 01:24 PM
That is great news best of luck I am sure it will be a great help

sonna
02-26-2013, 02:49 PM
they called me back my first appt is march 20.

ive read alot of post and therapy seems to help alot of you.
i hope this takes me to my road of enlightenment....lol corny i know its the only way i could think to put it

KellyJameson
02-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Here is a link you may find useful to assist you in therapy.

I am glad you have the courage to talk to a therapist. Many hide themselves from view and than self destruct

http://avitale.com/GuiltShame.htm

Jorja
02-26-2013, 07:35 PM
Good for you! Remember, the answers you seek are within you. The therapist will not give you the answers but should help you look inside and help you make your own decisions.

Anne2345
02-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Good for you!!! I have spent a ridiculous amount of time in therapy for the most part of the last two years. And it was worth every minute, and it continues to be! A good therapist will not give you the answers, but will nudge you along the correct path necessary for you to figure it out, whatever it may be.

Unless you are completely willing, honest, trusting, and open, though, it will all be for naught. So my unsolicited advice, for whatever it is worth, is to lay it all out on the table, and put it all out there.

Of course, that will take time, effort, learning, energy, and much emotion. It won't be easy. My journey through therapy has been one of the most difficult trips I have ever taken. But the most valuable, at that, and certainly the most necessary. Make the most of your time, and learn from, and about, yourself!!

You are about to open a whole new world that you may not have even believed existed before. And that world is you. :-)

melissaK
02-26-2013, 10:46 PM
I havent read your backstory Sonna. Do you have a SO?

It occurs to me to add that my spouse does not like my therapist much. I've heard it from one or two others on occasion.

Why? Probably for all the reasons that come to mind. My therapist facilitates me changing (in ways my wife doesnt like), is another woman I confide in (plain jealousy?, loss of influence over me?), and costs $$ (remeber no insurance here).

Dont take me wrong, my wife is a really really nice person, and is summa *** laude smart. Shes a good counselor in her own right, despite no formal training. But this stuff hits close to home so she is understandably interested, and is surprisingly protective of me. So I get probed after every session about what we talked about.

And I've had gender counseling on and off since 1992. It's worth it. It helps a lot. I managed coming out to immediate family this January and saw my counselor 1x wk through that time because it was soooo stressful. Things have calmed down and I'm going 2x mos at present. If things don't go bonkers I hope to get to 1x month through my transition timeline.

sonna
02-26-2013, 11:31 PM
melissak no im not married anymore we got a divorce last june..june 10th at 105pm.. my dressing was one of the causes
one of the big ones we are still friends but it still crushes me every time i see her..i bought my own house and it was like release
outside of work i can be me..all i can say i know its more than just cding i dont no how much more or how far im going with this.
i know i need help...maybe alot i dont know..i feel like i dont know anything anymore.

vikki2020
03-06-2013, 03:03 PM
You have to just believe that it can't hurt. Might help. Maybe the best thing right now. I just got my referral--I get 6 visits,to start. I can't wait--I have a lot to say, lol!