PDA

View Full Version : My Aunt died today

Maria S
02-26-2013, 11:41 AM
My Aunt died today at 12.45pm. She was divorced from my dad's brother back in the 80s so we kind of lost touch over the years. It has got me thinking life is short and we never know when our time will come. I have decided that I am no longer going to pussy-foot around family and friends regarding my CDing. I am not going out of my way to tell them, that would be insensitive but I am no longer going to hide away like a naughty school child. If the subject arises I am not going to deny it. I intend to enjoy the rest of my CDing days as best I can. Sometimes you have to think of others but sometimes you have to think of number 1.

Maria

Angie G
02-26-2013, 11:47 AM
Sorry for your loss Maria. Life is to short be who you are hun.You go girl.:hugs:
Angie

heathr1
02-26-2013, 11:48 AM
Oooh. I am sorry to hear about that.

I was lucky recently during a car crash where a speeding motorist hit me. I too realised you do not know what is around the corner.

stephNE
02-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Maria, I am sorry, my condolences and best for you and rest of the family. Steph.

Stevie
02-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Sorry about your loss. Hope when they find out they are as understanding as we are. Good luck.

Kate Simmons
02-26-2013, 12:15 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss my friend. In the end we can only be who we are. Sometimes being true to ourselves takes courage. We are here to help each other in any case. Be well.:)

Victoria StJohn
02-26-2013, 12:28 PM
Sorry for your loss Maria. My condolences to you. I like your outlook for the future and the enjoyment you will have without those guilt feelings. Best of luck in the days ahead.:battingeyelashes:

Beverley Sims
02-26-2013, 12:37 PM
I agree Maria, let the present crisis pass for a while and then embark on a way to out yourself nicely.
My condolences to you regarding your aunt also.

Kimberlyfaye
02-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Sorry to hear this hun. You're right, life is just too short to hide away. I'm in the same situation at the moment so if you need to chat drop me a line :)

Annaliese
02-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Good for you, live is to short,

Jamie001
02-26-2013, 01:47 PM
My condolences on the loss of your Aunt. My Aunt passed away one year ago and I miss her and wish I would have spent more time with her. Congratulations on deciding to be who you really are.

stacycoral
02-26-2013, 01:50 PM
Good for you Maria, enjoy life. I am sorry to hear about your aunt,they are specail to us in life hugs girl

Kalista Jameson
02-26-2013, 02:01 PM
Maria,

I echo everyone else in sympathies for your loss. I hope the days ahead for you and family are as good as can be.

Kalista

Tammy Nowakowski
02-26-2013, 02:45 PM
Maria, I am sorry, my condolences to and you and your family

PaulaQ
02-26-2013, 03:20 PM
I'm very sorry for your loss.

You have the right attitude though - life is short and uncertain.

Janelle_C
02-26-2013, 03:42 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Life is sort tomorrow is promised to no one. Don't feel guilty about being who you are.
Janelle

ronny0
02-26-2013, 05:04 PM
Sometime it take this type of event to force us to grasp we only get one chance at life.

Tomorrow is always a Gift!

Wishing you all the best!

audreyinalbany
02-26-2013, 05:58 PM
I don't know about others, but I've experienced these kinds of cathartic events in the past, but I usually end up backing off once the initial shock wears off.

Annette Anderson
02-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Sorry to hear for your loss,,it has been established that we only live once.And that (NDE),Near Death Experiences have shown a a brillient light ,non-judgemental .I always thought i would go to hell ,because i wanted to be a woman.I reallly wanted to be a wife and a mom and maybe have a little girl to love with all my heart.i'm sorry i'm crying now.

andrea lace
02-26-2013, 06:58 PM
Sorry for you loss Maria.
When you come to the end of your own life it will be the things you have not done will be your regrets. I have stared death in the face and came out the other side still only to hide in the closet. No more I say lets live the life we want and deserve. you be yourself.

Lynn Marie
02-26-2013, 07:09 PM
Sometimes you have to think of others but sometimes you have to think of number 1.

Maria

I'm sort of thinking that in this case you are also thinking of the others too. Your truthfulness with them will hopefully improve your relationship or it could destroy it. Either way, you'll have family and loved ones you can share your heart with. That's a gift to everyone involved.

bridget thronton
02-26-2013, 09:06 PM
Sorry for your loss

allesha10
02-26-2013, 09:33 PM
Maria, I ma so sorry to hear of your Aunt passing, I too buried my great Aunt today. She will always be the most wonderful woman. warm, and happy and so helpful. But she was always happy, and as you say we should be also, because as you say you never know when it may be your turn.

Barbara Maria
02-27-2013, 12:02 AM
Condolences,Maria. It never gets any easier to see your loved ones go. A constant reminder of how short life is and that we should get the most out of every day. hugz,Barbara

Amanda M
02-27-2013, 02:54 AM
Maria - somettimes, good things come out of sad things - maybe for you, this is one of those times. Stay strong.

PaulaQ
02-27-2013, 03:05 AM
Maria, I think you are right to be more open with your family. I had an uncle who died in an automobile accident a couple of years ago. I really cared about him, but he was such a secretive and private person that he avoided his family. We think he might've been gay, so perhaps that's why he avoided us (I wouldn't have cared anyway!) Or maybe he was just really private or didn't like us.

I was the only family member who spoke for him at the funeral. You'd think no one would be there, but my uncle was a teacher, and there must've been 200 people at his funeral. I met coworkers, even former students who travelled from out of state.

It was sad, my uncle apparently had an amazing life - but none of us in the family ever knew.

So yeah - don't be like that!

Sorry for the long story, but I get where you are coming from.

Tracii G
02-27-2013, 03:23 AM
So sorry to hear about your Aunt.
Life is fleeting at best thats why I try to live life the way I choose.
Always try to be kind and giving to all I meet no matter if they accept me or not.
You can't live life hiding who you are and I'm happy you are going to go with it.
If people ask I don't deny it.That usually ends the debate, either the accept or they don't.