PDA

View Full Version : Coworkers who don't know, joking about you CDing

heathr1
02-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Does this happen to you?

I occasionally get told by the women at work, separately, at different times, how they could imagine me in their heels, make-up etc when I'm present.

One, when re-doing her lip gloss, asked me if I'd like it also, then said she was only joking.

Kate Simmons
02-26-2013, 12:27 PM
I would figure from all that that their intuition is telling them something about you Hon. :)

Ezekiel
02-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Happened to me, but in high school. A group of girls I knew kept saying I would look good in their clothes, one even as far as saying that by reading my hand she could tell that in my past life I was a girl. I have no idea why because I don't behave like a woman, my mannerism are very reduced to be honest, I'm usually perceived as a very serious and boring person.

I guess some girls have this feminization fantasy in their heads. No more depth in this really. That or they might know something about you heathr1. I guess you will have to find out.

Lorileah
02-26-2013, 12:31 PM
They have a real good idea about you. If they are good friends you could confide.

Beverley Sims
02-26-2013, 12:34 PM
For some who aren't supposed to know they are throwing out messages.
Show them a party shot when you dressed up for a bet.
That starts the conversation rolling.

Wildaboutheels
02-26-2013, 12:43 PM
It's a BIG misconception that women don't like to fish. When more than one woman is fishing, someone knows something regardless of how "careful" you may or may not consider yourself to be.

Tara D. Rose
02-26-2013, 01:13 PM
Once when I was at work about 7 months ago. I was just standing there running my machine. My co worker guy that was working beside me, pulled at his t shirt to make boobs and said, "my name is Tara", then he started walking in a very exaggerated woman's walk. I watched him walk, I laughed with him. But inside, I asked myself, why did he do this pretense for one, and why the name Tara? It scared me for a while. I realized it was just a coincidence. Had he and the others really knew the truth, it would have been more joking than that.

stephNE
02-26-2013, 01:25 PM
I've a had a couple of these as well. One young lady would show me pictures, like magazine adds of lingerie, and say "You would look good in this!" Another young lady would use very fragrant (feminine) hand cream and every time she got it out, she would ask if I wanted some too. I always assumed they felt like they knew something. Must have been that intuition thing.

StacyChambers
02-26-2013, 01:50 PM
"separately," "at different times?" Methinks they know or have a strong suspicion that you are a CDer.

Luna Nyx
02-26-2013, 01:54 PM
i can relate. A new guy told me the other day out of the blue " thank god for transvestites." i looked up and asked what do you mean by that. he said he didnt really know but he has hinted about other things like that in the past.

DonnaT
02-26-2013, 02:02 PM
A number of women have fantasies about dressing men up or putting makeup on them. Probably a number of them have done it before, maybe as a teen.

I've seen quite a few such instances in schools. Womanless beauty pagents, for example; and even in clubs as they have gotten older and married.

You might just ask them sometime when they talk that way, "Have you ever dressed a guy up before?"

Anyway, sounds like girl talk, and you are handy to the discussion.

Nikki A.
02-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Since I've dressed for Halloween at work I have been kidded about it. Just laugh it off and go about your business.
Two of my coworkers know, another I know is fishing, him I play with. I don't get flustered and let him think what he wants.

monalisa
02-26-2013, 03:23 PM
Women at work tend to talk so if one thinks you would look good in makeup or lingerie and depending on your reaction will spread the gossip. I would just say if you want to see me dressed in something that you would do it and call their bluff. If you are lucky they will dress you or make you up.

Jamie001
02-26-2013, 04:03 PM
Once when I was at work about 7 months ago. I was just standing there running my machine. My co worker guy that was working beside me, pulled at his t shirt to make boobs and said, "my name is Tara", then he started walking in a very exaggerated woman's walk. I watched him walk, I laughed with him. But inside, I asked myself, why did he do this pretense for one, and why the name Tara? It scared me for a while. I realized it was just a coincidence. Had he and the others really knew the truth, it would have been more joking than that.

It really can't be a coincidence. For example, why would he pick the name Tara considering that Tara is not a very common female name. I really think he knows about you.

Karren H
02-26-2013, 04:06 PM
I've had our department VP warn me not to wear heels to work in a kidding manor but I thing he was serious..... not that I care who does or doesn't know....

lingerieLiz
02-26-2013, 04:29 PM
When I was in my late teens and early 20s I had several girls and women tell me I would make a pretty girl. Most had no idea about my CDing. A few that did stronly encourged me. Several SAs even back in the early 60s figured out quickly that the dresses and lingerie were for me. One told me everyone should have beautiful lingerie. While I was small and fine featured I wasn't effeminate in my manerisms. I talked to two of them one evening and they pointed out that my looks were what many girls wanted.

My land lady who was a beautician encourged me to go out as a girl assuring me no one would suspect that I wasn't.
I dated a couple of the girls that knew and they loved playing up my feminity.

NicoleScott
02-26-2013, 05:58 PM
They may suspect something, and are baiting you. Will you bite?

bimini1
02-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Yes I've always gotten this all the time no matter where I was working. I call it 'spirits'.
I think it's the direct of result of who you are. An energy you constantly put in the atmosphere is bound to vibrate and come back to you thru people. It's feels almost like they are taunting you in some way.

I've had women come at me about eyeliner, lipstick, pantyhose. Some have even told me "I have no idea why I am telling you this, you don't care about these things, do you?"
Funny part is , its always certain women, and I can tell what they are about to say before they say it. Some kind of weird extra sensory something or other.

Rachel Morley
02-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Another young lady would use very fragrant (feminine) hand cream and every time she got it out, she would ask if I wanted some too.
Yes, me too! I have had a female co-worker use feminine hand cream and then ask me if I wanted some. The thing is there were two other guys who worked in that office at the time but she didn't offer it to them. Did she think I was more inclined to want to use it than them?

allesha10
02-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Heathr, I too wonder as mentioned above if you work with women, if they can sense that about us? It is awkward when the topic comes up at work, even when it is in general.

pennitkr
02-26-2013, 10:51 PM
I had a boss that told me I'd make a pretty woman.....
Little did he know...

XO

Penni

chelle
02-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Taught HS for years. Nearly all the men were coaches and only came to the teachers lounge if there was food, so I was in the longe lots of times being the only male with 5 - 10 females. I think they will talk women stuff then and simply don't care if just one man around listens. Once one was talking about needing a stapless bra and trying to embarras me asked "do you have a strapless bra I could borrow?" No big deal that's just women
Chelle

Tracii G
02-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Women don't say things like that around a guy unless they already have some idea. Fishing? Yes women do it all the time.
One of my friend's wife fishes me all the time. I just answer the questions in a way where she can pick up on it.
I'm sure she knows something or at least suspects.
My BGF and her are friends so maybe some she told her something.I'm really not worried about it.

linda allen
02-27-2013, 07:38 AM
............... I think they will talk women stuff then and simply don't care if just one man around listens. Once one was talking about needing a stapless bra and trying to embarras me asked "do you have a strapless bra I could borrow?" No big deal that's just women
Chelle

I think you've got it right. Once you're accepted by them, they just talk their normal talk. Because we are crossdressers, I think we sometimes imagine things that aren't really happening.

Maria S
02-27-2013, 08:06 AM
The closest to that was when I was working there was a young black woman sitting beside me and an older woman sitting beside her. I don't know how we got on the subject but we were talking about feet and shoe sizes. Before I knew what was happening the older woman said why don't you try each others shoes on so we did and they fitted us both. If she had said keep them on all day I would have found it hard to say no. If only they knew OR perhaps they did!!!!!

Maria

stephNE
02-27-2013, 08:32 AM
Yes, me too! I have had a female co-worker use feminine hand cream and then ask me if I wanted some. The thing is there were two other guys who worked in that office at the time but she didn't offer it to them. Did she think I was more inclined to want to use it than them?
One time I was heading to a meeting and rubbing my hands because they were dry. She pulled out her hand cream and and handed it to me. Without thinking I put some on and then remembered how fragrant it was. I said oh no, this might be embarassing in the meeting, and she said no one will know, don't worry about it. About that time another young lady walked over, sniffed the air and said "My someone smells pretty". Then we all laughed.

I don't think I have feminine mannerisms, but on the other hand I don't lumber around like a neanderthal either. When I am dressed in femme, I do practice being more ladylike. So maybe these little things like sitting, hand movements, etc, transfer back into male mode and women pick up on them.

BLUE ORCHID
02-27-2013, 09:07 AM
I've had our department VP warn me not to wear heels to work in a kidding manor but I thing he was serious..... not that I care who does or doesn't know....
Hi Karen, Does that mean no more Hi Heel mining boots ??

SandraInHose
02-28-2013, 06:42 PM
Back in the late 70's I worked in a grocery store after school. Been working there about a year and a few times I'd stolen a pair of NoNonsense pantyhose from the display after we closed. Very careful...no one around...before video cameras were prevalent.

Anyway, one day one of the other stockboys brought out a cart of health and beauty items (hosiery, makeup, etc, which the cashiers would stock instead of us stockboys) and said, "Take this up front, and don't take no sh*t." I felt the blood start to drain from my face thinking my pantyhose thievery had been discovered, but after a few seconds I realized he meant don't take any sh*t from the cashiers, and make them stock the shelves instead of me doing it for them.

Darla
02-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Yeah - I pretty much work in an all female office, and one of our more fashion conscious ladies made some eye rolling remark about wearing Spanx. Then looked at me and said "oh - not that'd you know anything about it!"

Okay - I was wearing the high waisted footless pantyhose at the time. I knew she didn't know, and it made me chuckle inside. At least as much as one can chuckle with those things on.

ReineD
02-28-2013, 07:24 PM
It sounds as if they know. And they likely at this point see it as just a harmless kink, as in, "He likes girlie things, wink, wink, elbow nudge". A lot of women are OK with CDing behavior, as long as it isn't their partner.

Do they know that you get mani-pedis? Do you show an interest in makeup and fashion at work? Are your fingernails on the longer side and are your eyebrows well trimmed? Do you trim your arm hair? Have you ever worn just a trace of makeup to work, or an item of clothing from the women's department that you felt was androgynous-looking enough to not be detected?

It sounds as if you would like them to know. You might consider telling them if you feel that the telling will not bring about negative consequences, and if they can be relied upon to keep it to themselves. :)

punkypunk
02-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Girls that are into it are LOADS of fun, remember you're possibly kind of a rarity/anomaly to them, rapidly becoming more socially acceptable and something, I've found at least, that lots of girls are very curious about. I mean, if girls are curious about other girls, why not one with the bits they like? Now that I think of it, men have been obsessed with t-girl's forever, in a free and equitable world why shouldn't girls get in on it?
Long story shirt, why not be playful back? Worst can happen is an awkward moment, best is a whole new wardrobe to model and an expert makeup session/lesson!

goofus
04-23-2013, 11:41 PM
A lot of women are OK with CDing behavior, as long as it isn't their partner.

:sigh: ain't it the truth :(

Chickhe
04-24-2013, 12:38 AM
Its regular banter. Try responding with a positive answer and you will see the person asking cringe go in to shock...then you say, just joking and you will see the relief on their face. These comments by woman are just a way for them to feel some power over members of their opposite sex. We read too much in to it.

Stephanie47
04-24-2013, 01:25 AM
It may be more than intuition. Going back to your introductory post you must be 45 now. That's seems a little older than I would expect casual banter in the cross dressing realm. I did read that you have had pedicures and polish applied at salons. Your cover may have been blown by one of the other patrons running into one of your coworkers. Or something similar.

I would figure from all that that their intuition is telling them something about you Hon. :)

Dora
04-24-2013, 02:51 AM
Some of my co workers will tease me about setting up a lingerer type store so they probably got a hint

LynnR
04-24-2013, 03:45 AM
One, when re-doing her lip gloss, asked me if I'd like it also, then said she was only joking.

I know she might have been fishing, but I'd find this request so exciting... and so tempting to say 'yes'. Of course, my secret would also be all over the office in minutes.

Sabrina133
04-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Its happened to me at work as well. As i told in my intro post, the partners know I dress and have nothing against it as long as i dont dress as a female at work and i don't try to hide it as my brows are shaped and trimmed, i have two piercings in each ear, my nails, although short are buffed to a high gloss and my hair is to my collar. A few weeks after i started working here, one of my colleagues, a female attorney, asked me if i dressed? I told her the truth. Her answer -- "Cool, a couple of us thought so. would you like to join us for a drink after work on Friday?"

AM not saying that is the reaction that you will get all the time but when a woman asks, its probably to your advantage (and fun) to tell the truth. You might be surprised at the acceptance you get.

mikiSJ
04-24-2013, 04:20 PM
It's a BIG misconception that women don't like to fish. When more than one woman is fishing, someone knows something regardless of how "careful" you may or may not consider yourself to be.

Seems the girls have found a favorite fishing spot. Stop bringing the bait and join them.

Sharon B.
04-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Might have had traces of makeup left on and they put two and two together?

ossian
04-24-2013, 05:26 PM
Work places can be such a high school sometimes.

Where I worked a number of years ago there was this guy everybody suspected of being gay. This company was mostly dominated by men. Let's call this guy in question, Jim. It's not his real name.

Guys in this office would talk about sports, golf, who was on fantasy there fill in the blank sports team. And then there was Jim. Jim was kind of insecure, didn't know about sports, lived with his parents who had a gambling problem. Jim had a slight build, bad teeth and overstated his abilities with reckless abandon.

So Jim was a target in this high school, a I mean, work place. He didn't fit in. I remember even hearing the secretaries even wondering about this guy? They even set him up on several dates with GGs. We would hear back eventually that they would date a few times and then the relationship would stop.

One time, my work mates and I were out mountain biking and Jim was invited because he did/does have the redeeming quality of being funny, and you never knew when he was going to overstate his abilities. At the end of a long afternoon of jumping small cliffs, dodging rocks on this single track course, one of the guys turns to him and says, "Jim, you shave your legs.". Jim froze, blushed and said he shaved his legs to reduce air drag for his road biking. We all knew this was B*** S***.

A few months later, Jim came out at work and said he was gay. I remember feeling both elated for him and simultaneously ashamed. I had this CDing side that was closeted so tightly that not even photons could penetrate the layers of secrecy protecting my secret.

After he came out, it was like a transformation for him, he was funner to be around, his insecurities were going away. And, he ceased being an object of speculation around the office. He was just a gay guy. My wife and I even went to his wedding which was pretty dam fun.

He left the company for a better job and eventually I also left the company to pursue some other opportunities.

So I think my point on this, is that, you might be dropping clues left and right for everybody to pick up on. And they probably have a pretty good hunch what is going on.

I'm not sure if I can give any advice other than if you do come out there are probably going to be at least a small group of people who will be rooting for you.

CynthiaD
04-24-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm not a sports fan, and I occasionally get teased by the football fans at work. A few times they've said things like "you know, not liking football calls your masculinity into question." I always reply in my most feminine voice "We'll, that's just what you say!" Everybody thinks that's really funny. So do I, but for a different reason. :)

Ciara Brianne
04-24-2013, 09:32 PM
I have had a few experiences where crossdressing has come up in conversation among friends. It usually seems coincidental, but the other day it came up in a conversation with a couple of friends while we were talking about kilts. One of my friends said "It's not like I'm a crossdresser" and looked at me after. I don't know that he knows. I think it was just eye contact during conversation. I laughed at his comment. I suspect that the other friend that was present, my longest and probably best friend, knows. He recently stated that nothing could come between true friends. He said this while looking me right in the eyes with a knowing look on his face. I am beginning to think that it is possible that quite a few people that know me are actually in the know. If this is true, I may have some or the best friends a gurl could have. If they know, they haven't said anything to me, and I suspect it may be because they know that I had not come to terms with it yet. Knowing me as well as they do, they now there will be no discussion until I am ready.

Ciara:<3:

Vickie_CDTV
04-25-2013, 12:27 AM
Because this is a workplace situation, and carries all kinds of issues a modern workplace does, I'd be very careful about any kind of disclosure.

ossian
04-25-2013, 12:46 AM
I have had a few experiences where crossdressing has come up in conversation among friends. It usually seems coincidental, but the other day it came up in a conversation with a couple of friends while we were talking about kilts. One of my friends said "It's not like I'm a crossdresser" and looked at me after. I don't know that he knows. I think it was just eye contact during conversation. I laughed at his comment. I suspect that the other friend that was present, my longest and probably best friend, knows. He recently stated that nothing could come between true friends. He said this while looking me right in the eyes with a knowing look on his face. I am beginning to think that it is possible that quite a few people that know me are actually in the know. If this is true, I may have some or the best friends a gurl could have. If they know, they haven't said anything to me, and I suspect it may be because they know that I had not come to terms with it yet. Knowing me as well as they do, they now there will be no discussion until I am ready.

Ciara:<3:

Speak more about kilts. That is an unusual topic to bring up in the work place. :-)

Amanda M
04-25-2013, 02:24 AM
As for kilts, when I wear mine, I do not consider that I am in any way dressed - it is just so entirely different!

carolinewalker_2000
04-25-2013, 07:02 AM
Sounds as though you have been spotted to me. However, it is probably better for you female co-workers to be a bit more overt with their messages before you up and confess all! (However, wouldn't it be great if you did suddenly find you had a whole bunch of supportive women who could help you bring out you inner self.)

Cathy Jooste
04-25-2013, 07:50 AM
My co-workers are all girls. One girl often make remarks like "are you buffing your nails?" or "why do you have a pink wallet?" or "I like your hello kitty iPhone cover." The other girls just smile. I'm one of the executives and I suppose the other girls are too scared to say anything. I'd love to know what they're thinking ...

Cathy Jooste
04-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Yea, that is a sure possibility in my case.
Might have had traces of makeup left on and they put two and two together?

sometimes_miss
04-25-2013, 01:18 PM
Its regular banter. Try responding with a positive answer and you will see the person asking cringe go in to shock...then you say, just joking and you will see the relief on their face. These comments by woman are just a way for them to feel some power over members of their opposite sex. We read too much in to it.

Regular banter. About teasing a guy with remarks that he crossdresses. Riiiiiiiight. Happens all the time. Riiiiiight. Not.
They've seen or heard something that indicates to them that you've got some type of girlish issue. Could be anything, but remember, women notice lots more than men do, and tend to continually search for alternate meanings for EVERYTHING. So when they see anything that might indicate you're not completely the masculine male you suppose to be, don't be surprised when they see if they can get you to out yourself to them. Makes for great gossip, most women love to talk about such things to each other. And talk and talk and talk.
Trim your eyebrows a bit too thin? Leave ANY leftover nail polish or make up on, even a teeny tiny bit? Shave any part of your body other than your beard? Have anything girly, anywhere? Slip up with any of your practiced feminine physical mannerisms or speech? Have you been seen reading women's clothing ads (or make up, etc.) just a bit too carefully? It doesn't take much.
I've been working in the same place for over ten years, and no one at work's seen me with a date on my arm. So of course, I've overheard numerous women discussing my 'questionable sexuality'; I eventually took the opportunity when it presented itself; while overhearing one of said discussions, I turned the corner and told the woman that of course I wasn't interested in her fat old ass, but then pointed at a much younger and prettier colleague and said but if she's available I'll gladly do her. After I added in that just because I'm not dating a ugly old hen doesn't mean I'm a gay rooster, the rest of the crew burst out in laughter.