PDA

View Full Version : Conversations and the Pink Fog.

SAMANN
02-26-2013, 04:11 PM
Over a week ago I came out to my wife and that has spurred a lot of conversation which is fantastic. I am doing my best to answer her questions honestly and to sure my feelings. She has been receptive and understanding. We have set some basic ground rules of when I can dress.and what she is willing to tolerate. That has changed some "all for.the better" over the last week. I know and she knows that her feelings may change in both directions but she had given me far more than I expected and could have hopes for based.on previous conversations. Some of the things that we have done is to talk every day "she initiates most of it" I have moved my stuff out of hiding and into the open or at least into a tub in the closet I have even told her she could go.through it if she wants. She has given me some clothes destined for good will and permission to.try on her dresses so she can help me with sizing. I told her I have just started trying makeup by buying a holiday Pac over Christmas. She told.me to throw out the crap and we would get some.decent stuff this weekend. We have looked at books together for us to learn about this as couple.

I am working very hard at not overwhelming her and at the same time sharing what I am doing with as much as she feels.comfortable with which is a heck of a lot more than I expected. I am also making sure to tell her and show her that I love her more now than ever. One of the things I want to do is pamper her "nothing new about that" I want her to buy pretty clothes, and underwear (can't seem to spell the L word today.) along with pampering at the spa. I want her to feel as beautiful as she is to me. She has never allowed herself to feel good about how she looks.

my struggle is in not letting the pink fog get the better of me by going to fast. I want her to feel.comfortable with sharing with me. Also knowing that I have my counselor.to talk to I told her it was ok for her to share with a trusted friend which she did and her friend was like great now he can feel free to be the person god made him to be. Lastly for now our s#$ life has gone from good to OMG.

My wife is the.most loving kind and incredible woman I know and I love her more every day.

GaleWarning
02-26-2013, 04:25 PM
I find it fascinating that so many couples who work things out together report that their love lives have improved dramatically. Surely this alone is an excellent reason why acceptance is infinitely preferable to DADT or total rejection.

Stevie
02-26-2013, 04:58 PM
Good to hear that things are coming together.

Jenniferathome
02-26-2013, 05:06 PM
...my struggle is in not letting the pink fog get the better of me by going to fast. .

Indeed, that is the struggle. Keep your perspective and live to the letter of the boundaries but ask for clarification if needed. You are on the right path. Congratulations.

2B Natasha
02-26-2013, 05:06 PM
Samann. I want to wish you the best of luck. Keep her informed and have fun. Local GG rule!

Cheers!

Jenni Yumiko
02-26-2013, 06:10 PM
I definitely agree on all fronts samann, take it slow let her initiate, IMO it should be about a so and spouse exploring and learning and growing from each other

Alice B
02-26-2013, 06:55 PM
I can't think of anything better for you at this point in coming out to her. Your wife sounds like an very, very special woman and you are extremely lucky. As you get better with your presentation, with her help, share a picture with us.

kimdl93
02-26-2013, 07:51 PM
The key is to preface you're decisions by asking yourself what your wife would want you to do...or at least to try to view things from her perspective.

Leah Lynn
02-26-2013, 08:42 PM
You'll know you made it when she tells you to get dressed, because the two of you are having a girls' night out. My late wife did this to (for) me several times.

Leah

allesha10
02-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Girl, I ma right there with you, came out to me wife several weeks ago, after she asked some questions. We to have spoken about some basic rules for Allesha. I mentioned about moving my girl clothes upstairs and out of hiding, and she was OK with it, just didn't want the kids to find them. I think she is hinting about some shopping also, we'll see. But she has accepted Allesha so much better then I could have ever believed, and like you I am very fortunate to have someone that accepting. I ma being careful as to not move forward to fast, taking small steps right now.

Bree Wagner
02-27-2013, 12:11 AM
Samman,

That's a wonderful thread you posted and it sure sounds like you're taking all the right steps right now. It's an inspirational story that I'm sure will be very beneficial to a lot of people here. I wish you all the best as you continue to move down the road with your wife. Keep making her feel special and keep those communication lines open and I'll bet it'll be a wonderful journey.

-Bree

Beverley Sims
02-27-2013, 06:16 AM
Love is the first and most important thing, working at it goes hand in hand nd a successful union usually results.
It is easy to go slow, and temper your feelings when you see the rewards that come your way.
New makeup more clothes and open discussions are all part of that reward.

As Ru Paul says to her prodigies don't stuff it up.

Kalista Jameson
02-27-2013, 06:29 AM
Great story, Samann! Sounds like things are off to a perfect start. Master the pink fog and will serve you well.

Cheers,

Kalista

NicoleScott
02-27-2013, 10:44 AM
It's good that you recognize the pink fog and the dangers of getting lost in it. Keep your crossdressng activities iin balance with other thngs and you'll be OK.