PDA

View Full Version : The joys of nails

andrea lace
02-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Being a man I have always bitten my finger nails but having the new found ability to CD when I want has opened up new avenues for me. :)

I tried false nails a few months ago and it was a complete disaster. They kept falling off, hair from my wig got stuck under them and the false nails got put away and I decided to grow my own.

My nails are now a good length and my wife purchased two bottles of nail varnish for me to use (and her of course). We got a clear one and a deep blood red one and I adore them both.
The clear one I wear all the time and I love the way they catch the light when I look at them from certain angles. The red shade is even better it makes my hands look so feminine and I can't seem to take my eyes of my fingers.

Dressing en femme is great and I love to look at my face in the mirror when dressed :battingeyelashes: but it is not always practical to look into a mirror all the time while dressed as its a little on the weird side to do that (for me) but when I have painted finger nails who needs a mirror. My hands are slim and I have long fingers and just cant stop admiring them now.

I cant wait to try some new colours blue next I think or maybe purple.
:) Happy days :D

katlee
02-26-2013, 07:27 PM
For me, the thrill of painting your finger nails ia fun. I arch my fingers to give them a feminine curve and I paint. I have grown out my nails as well. I need to spend sometime giving myself a manicure though :).

Lady Catherine
02-26-2013, 07:50 PM
I just got a Deep purple and I love it. Love having my nails done.

Annette Todd
02-26-2013, 10:44 PM
I get a professional manicure usually every week. It's great getting the hands pampered and trying new colors each time. I wear my nails longer as well and I am not as self conscious as I was. But after a while no one makes a fuss. But I like the compliments I get from women. Blues, reds and purple are my favorites. But this week its s nice pastel lavender. However you get to enjoy your nails, make the best of it.

Eryn
02-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Being a man I have always bitten my finger nails but having the new found ability to CD when I want has opened up new avenues for me. :)

I tried false nails a few months ago and it was a complete disaster. They kept falling off, hair from my wig got stuck under them and the false nails got put away and I decided to grow my own.

My nails are now a good length...

My story is similar! I chewed mine all my life until CDing showed me a better path! :)

Laura28
02-26-2013, 11:02 PM
I so enjoy doing my nails both hands and feet, and love doing my SO's as well.

Diane Smith
02-26-2013, 11:41 PM
I don't know if it would be worth dressing up if I couldn't show off my long and polished nails. I love them so much that I'm willing to put up with the occasional questions and stares from wearing my long acrylics even in male mode. I've been keeping my nail salon appointments religiously every two weeks for over fifteen years now.

- Diane

phlover
02-26-2013, 11:48 PM
I also grow my finger nails, groom them into feminine curves and paint nail enamels. I usually paint my nails in the colors similar to the tone of my fingernails, which would not attract others' suspicious eyes. Sometimes my wife or children asks me why my nails are so long and sharp, and then I just stammer and say that I forgot clipping them.:o Anyway, I envy those sleek and slim hands of women. Most men have thick palms and short fingers, which is quite conspicuous when they try to pass as women.

Ceri Anne
02-27-2013, 12:09 AM
I have grown my finger nails out to the tips of my fingers. I use a glass nail file to shape them and keep their lenght in line. I use Sally Hansen Tough as Nails nail strengthener on them all the time to keep them strong and protected (it works) and will color them for an evening out. I love hot pink and crimpson red.

Kat42
02-27-2013, 01:07 AM
My story is similar to Ms Lace. Always chewed my nails. Started with Sally Hansen's hard as nails and they started growing. Over the holidays I picked up a color assortment, something like 15 for $8 or so. Don't get to wear colors much between the job & family but I use the clear most of the time.

It's not a 100% conversion to me though, I still chew my nails occasionally.

It's also a lesson on how much work it takes to be a girl. Just getting the nails ready for polish takes a couple hours (for me). The manicure route looks like money well spent!

Beverley Sims
02-27-2013, 06:03 AM
I think I have spent more money on experimental nail polish than actually wearing it out.

Emma Beth
02-27-2013, 08:48 AM
I've been working up to doing my nails. I like the idea more than I thought I would. I'm having a hard time deciding on my first color. I'm leaning toward a pale pink that would go relatively unnoticed by others.
Once They are long enough, I will cross that bridge when I get to it.

Alison_Mathers
02-27-2013, 09:59 AM
I was just the same, biting them until I started CD'ing. I paint them with a clear coat all the time. My wife thinks it funny because she's not into it.

Tammy Nowakowski
02-27-2013, 10:31 AM
bad thing i'm still a nail bitter i need to find away to stop it
i do paint my toe nails

carhill2mn
02-27-2013, 01:47 PM
I agree that having pretty nails is very satisfying!