PDA

View Full Version : Feminine hair in drab?

MandyTS
12-09-2005, 05:13 AM
What's up! :lol:

I just got back from the mall (well this morning) where my stylist is. I finally took to plunge towards to female hair style. My hair is quite short in comparison to most girls (right now it is about 3 - 5 inches long), but I am growing it out. I hope by the time I am in RLT it will be 9 - 12 inches longer (18 - 20 months out)

Question is how many people do slightly or very feminine hair all the time?

Mandy

BTW if sure feels nice to be able to be a girl and not have to wear a wig!

AliciaSL
12-09-2005, 05:41 AM
I'm sure there are lots of other ladies out there that would love to have your hair. You have a nice thing going with the cut you choose also. You will find that it will make it easer to hide as it grows out.

I was lucky not liking short hair even before I started wearing women's clothes. So, when I decided to accept my female side I just cut my bangs a little. And in the future I plan to only shape it to a even more stylish look. Right now I trying to get up the nerve to tint my hair to the color I like.

Let it grow any way you like dear. These days most people notice only when you are wearing a mullet anyway.

Hugs
Alicia

RachelDenise
12-09-2005, 05:47 AM
I think your style looks great! I'm thinking about doing something like you so I guess with a little gel and such you can make your hair look masculine when you need it to be. As it grows out, the ever-present pull it back into a ponytail always works and can be non-gender specific.

Lisa Golightly
12-09-2005, 05:49 AM
I have long dyed hair... It's alright... getting it trapped in the car window when it is blowing a gale and occassionally eating it at meal times can be annoying though.

Katrina
12-09-2005, 09:08 AM
I have long dyed hair... It's alright... getting it trapped in the car window when it is blowing a gale and occassionally eating it at meal times can be annoying though.

mmmm...hair...

AliciaSL
12-09-2005, 09:27 AM

That is funny. Must admit long hair gets in the way. But! Never the car window. Not the car window! No.. I already have enough ghost chasing me. Hair in the window never spent a minute in my mind till you said that.. LOL.. Now all I will think about is getting my already long hair(3 years growth this time about 12") caught in the window. LOL... What a picture... LOL

BrendaChristine
12-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Mandy, it looks great.

VeronicaMoonlit
12-09-2005, 10:05 AM
I have long dyed hair...and occassionally eating it at meal times can be annoying though.

Don't forget the flyaway strands getting stuck in ones lip gloss besides the eating.

Or spending more money on "product". Boy I sure do go through conditioner.

Or the increased drying time, though "ionic" dryers help with that.

Veronica

Kimberly
12-09-2005, 10:31 AM
My hair in drab :cool::

karen marie
12-09-2005, 11:42 AM
mandy,that style is definetly you.love your
eyebrows.
hugs karen.

Julia Cross
12-09-2005, 03:07 PM
I have grown my hair out, it's shoulder length and can be styled quite nicely. BUT, it does require much more work than shorter hair, windy days are hell, also when I get hot from running around. But on the other hand, wigs are so uncomfortable that I much prefer the natural hair. I say"grow it out" but stay on top of it with regular visits to a good salon.

julia

Jillian310
12-13-2005, 10:57 PM
Mandy, I love your do! I am growing my hair and have found I have natural waves and flips as it grows out. (My avatar is in a wig) My only minor gripe is that my stylist makes it look so good, but I can never get it quite the same. I only wear my hair one way regardless of male or fem garb. Within the last few days, at different restaurants, i was approached from the rear by servers who addressed me as ma'am! :angel: :) :angel: (BTW, my best girlfriend is Mandi!

Sarah Smile
12-13-2005, 11:16 PM
I guess it depends on how you define "feminine hair". My hair is long and wavy, just down to the top of my shoulder blades, now, and a slightly-reddish brown. I don't do anything special to it. I love my hair, but unfortunately it's disappeared on the sides in front, so if I went out en femme, I'd have to part it in the middle, though it would still be thin on the sides in front, or I'd have to wear a wig. Grrrrr..... *pout*. I usually just brush it back, as I don't normally go around trying to look female.

kimmy p
12-14-2005, 12:19 AM
Hi Mandy, Until about two months ago I had hair that was half way down to my tush. I recently had to cut it for business reasons and I miss it. Anyway, I wore it however I wished to. On any particular day I would have it in a tail, or a braid, with the sides pulled back into a rear barrett, or my personal favorite a french braid. Most people never gave me a second look. Certainly never said anything about it to me. The most that would happen is I would often get a Ma'am out of someone when they met me. Damn I liked that. Oh Well. You look great. You have different goals than I do but go with how you feel.

Kimmy

Dayna
12-14-2005, 02:47 AM
Mandy,

The only femme hair I have comes off at the end of the day.

I gotta say, though, that I like your new cut--looks great! Cannot wait to see what it looks like as it grows out!

Denise01
12-14-2005, 07:15 PM
Your hair looks great Mandy and the style suits you very well.

I just wish I had enought hair, that I could go to a hairdresser, and have miine done in a nice femme cut as well. I envy you girls that have long enough hair, that you can have it styled.

Keep it up, and let us see pictures in future if you decide to change your style

Denise:)

Wendy me
12-14-2005, 08:06 PM
my hair past my shoulders , most times i put it up in a poney tail...lisa yes i have had tat trouble with my hair don't you just love it???