PDA

View Full Version : Ran into an old friend from HS.

Tracii G
02-27-2013, 03:40 AM
I was out shopping today and ran into a couple I knew in High School.
The couple was looking at charcoal grills as was I.
I said Hi Jenny and Carl long time no see.
They looked at me and said do we know you? I said sure we had the same home room all thru High School.Jenny looked and said for some reason I don't recognize you what is your name so I told them and she looked at her husband with a confused look then she said OMG!!! and she gave me a huge hug and said You sure look different Ha ha wow just wow.
Carl and I were on the weightlifting team and I mentioned a time we played a prank on the coach and then it dawned on him who I was.
He said well damn I would have never guessed it was you.
He asked so you are a woman now? I said no just like to dress like one.LOL He said well you look great IMO,she said you do look fantastic.
They were really accepting and said lets hook up for dinner sometime we would love to talk about old times.
So we exchanged cell numbers and hugged again and vowed not to be strangers.
You never know who you will run into so just be yourself and if you are dressed just be bold and say hi.
P.S Sportsman's Whse is have a sale on grills !!

Nichola
02-27-2013, 04:21 AM
That's awesome Tracii, love your confidence & the acceptance from your old friends. An uplifting read:)

Beverley Sims
02-27-2013, 04:38 AM
A very nice coming out story Tracii,
Especially as you took the lead in the conversation.
I did that once when I was out with the girls and played with someones mind in a similar manner.
They walked off and when the saw me later the told me how a hooker tried to pick them up claiming she knew me.
A bit different to how I remember the story.

becky77
02-27-2013, 04:45 AM
Fantastic Tracii. I really admire your confidence, what a great encounter.

Kalista Jameson
02-27-2013, 05:06 AM
Track, that was an awesome experience you had. Glad to see you hook up with some old friends. :)

Kalista

Tammy Nowakowski
02-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Fantastic Tracii. I really admire your confidence, what a great encounter

Linda Leigh
02-27-2013, 12:42 PM
Traci, what great story :)

Linda

Tracii G
02-27-2013, 12:51 PM
I don't know if its confidence or I'm too the point I don't care what people think of my girl side.
Old HS friends you don't see very often are easy to come out to. You are dressed so no need to hide just say hi anyway.90% of old friends that I have run into in girl mode have been fine with it.A few have said harsh things but nothing too terrible.
Its become kind of fun really and a challenge to walk up and say hi to people you used to run around with.

Persephone
02-27-2013, 01:18 PM
Wow! Awesome, Tracii!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Tracii G
02-27-2013, 01:40 PM
It was my first trip to Sportsman's Warehouse too so I was in full shopping mode LOL.
Walked back to the scopes and the older guy was pretty cool and showed me a few.I asked where the laser bore sighting tools were he said turn left at the antelope.LOL
I headed over to the ladies clothing section and a real nice lady helped me there.Sad that they didn't carry the camo pants I wanted in a short length.
They had some really nice girls/ladies clothes too not all camo BTW.Some of the tapered sleeved Tee's were really cute.
We chatted as we looked and she was very accepting.I think she was enjoying herself to some degree.I may have been her first hunter CD girl.
She asked what game I hunted and I replied whitetail deer and coyote.She is more the duck hunter/bear hunter type.
A great experience and I'll be going back!!

Tammy Nowakowski
02-27-2013, 01:53 PM
sounds like you had a great day

Amanda22
02-27-2013, 02:21 PM
I loved your post, Tracii. This is a great example of what wonderful things can happen if we don't hide. Well done!

Allison Chaynes
02-27-2013, 02:55 PM
What an awesome post... I know even if I ever get the nerve to go out in public, I'd never have the guts to go to Sportsman's Warehouse, but I do love that place. Congratulations!

5150 Girl
02-27-2013, 05:32 PM
He asked so you are a woman now? I said no just like to dress like one.

I had an old HS teacher come into my libray the ohter day. (he's a professor on campus now) Anywho, I gave him him a few hints, and he asked me that very same question, however, my anser was a tad difrent,,, I tell people it's a work in progress....

Barbara Maria
02-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Tracii,what a wonderful experience!Must have felt great to have old friends accept you that way.

monika
02-27-2013, 06:45 PM
What a cool story:)

SandraInHose
02-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Congrats on having some really cool friends! Hope things progress with them and let us know how dinner goes.

Tracii G
02-27-2013, 06:59 PM
Thanks Sandra I hope we do go out to dinner and have an opportunity to hash over old times.
Monika thanks so much, if I looked as good as you do I would have said yeah I'm a woman now.Ha ha
It was kinda cool the way he said it that means I must have looked pretty good.
When Jenny first hugged me she took my shoulder and made me turn a circle so she could get a good look I was laughing the whole time.
She gave me a thumbs up and whispered you have great legs honey.
It is nice that old friends are open to change.I know it had to be quite a shock at first.

cdxmatty
02-27-2013, 07:02 PM
wow that's awesome, good for you girl!!

kimdl93
02-27-2013, 10:59 PM
That's a remarkable and encouraging experience! As she said, Wow, just wow!

Ceri Anne
02-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Wow Traci, thats a bold move, good for you! I think I would have peed myself, and I'm fairly bold.

Tracii G
02-28-2013, 04:45 AM
Ceri I just threw caution to the wind and never really gave it much thought LOL.
I could have turned out much worse if they were say Baptist preachers I guess.
I don't mind taking chances sometimes but hell what can they do anyway?

Kelly Smith
03-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Great story, tracii. I hope you looked great. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall after you parted.

NathalieX66
03-05-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi Tracii,
Wonderful story!
I'm glad you have such nice friends. We underestimate how kind and people really are.
I now have pretty decent list of old friends that know & accept this side of me.

I'm just kind of wistful that my high school sweetheart of the last two years in school, proms and all, now has a girlfriend. A part of me thinks that had I accepted this side of me back in those days, I could have accommodated. I't probably an irrational thought, but hey! We move on.

Leah Lynn
03-05-2013, 11:11 PM
That's cool, girl. Love Sportsmens Whse, but haven't gone en femme. ALMOST went to the Iowa Deer Classic this weekend en femme, but knew too many bud's were going. I'm not entirely out, yet.

Leah

Jamie001
03-05-2013, 11:42 PM
You never know who you will run into so just be yourself and if you are dressed just be bold and say hi.

Congratualtions Tracii; you are an example as to how all CDers should conduct themselves regarding being proud and owning who you are!! If more CD were to use this approach, we would make wonderful progress toward acceptance.

Rollcasket
03-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Wow that's amazing lol! It's always good to hear people finding old friends and even with that kind of change still wanting to reconnect!

Amanda M
03-06-2013, 03:54 AM
Tracii- cheered me up no end. Congrats!

nwcross
03-06-2013, 05:38 AM
thats an awesome story!! :) i see some hope! however, that would horrify me as I am only a few years out of high school and still only dress ay home. :/ but one day! lol

vikki2020
03-06-2013, 11:10 AM
Too cool, Tracii! I've seen people that I know, but, wasn't "spotted". Didn't have the nerve to say hello--but, I was prepared for them to start the conversation. Your confidence is inspiring!! Maybe next time, lol!

Tracii G
03-06-2013, 12:56 PM
The thing to do "own the situation" don't run from it.Now that depends on who it is you see of course. If it was the school dirt bag bully I probably wouldn't say hi because I didn't like them anyway.
I suppose it depends on the person you run into.

Marleena
03-06-2013, 01:19 PM
Great post Tracii! Owning it probably made all of the difference there, good for you!:)

Tracii G
03-06-2013, 01:21 PM
I think it helps to control the situation sometimes.