PDA

View Full Version : Snow sux

Erica Marie
02-27-2013, 07:14 AM
Well deep in the heart of Wisconsin we just got dumped about a foot of snow. Needless to say no skirts and pumps in this weather. For all the girls in the snow belt, when going out dressed in this type of weather what is your choice of outfit?

Beverley Sims
02-27-2013, 07:30 AM
A ski suit and ski boots.
And a nice slope to Skiiiiiiii downnnnnnn.
Dressed that way snow does not suk!

Erica Marie
02-27-2013, 07:36 AM
A ski suit and ski boots.
And a nice slope to Skiiiiiiii downnnnnnn.
Dressed that way snow does not suk!

Its the digging out of the driveway that sux. So why can a girl where Carharts to shovel and no one looks at her funny but if a guy wears a skirt and blouse to the mall we are looked at as weird?
Thinking about it a nice white ski outfit would be cute ;)

stephNE
02-27-2013, 08:38 AM
It is just about time MTV will start showing spring break shows from Florida. I can't wait for warmer weather so I can start dressing more! Erica, I agree, snow sux.

BLUE ORCHID
02-27-2013, 08:47 AM
[QUOTE=Erica . So why can a girl where Carharts to shovel and no one looks at her funny but if a guy wears a skirt and blouse to the mall we are looked at as weird?

Hi Erica, You are preaching to to the choir here

rita63
02-27-2013, 03:46 PM
Lucky you got snow, not so far west of you we got slush, almost needed hip waders to go to the store.

hugs rita

sandra-leigh
02-27-2013, 04:21 PM
Hereabouts, winter outdoors is time for skirts and tights. The thickness / warmth of the tights worn depends a lot on the wind. A few weeks ago I was out at -32C (-25F) with a skirt and had more trouble with my feet than my legs.

Barbara Maria
02-27-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi,Erica.I'm from WI too,but now live in Austin,TX. I agree completely,snow SUX! When it got like that up there I got so depressed I just gave up and went drab. YUK. Barbara

Cheryl T
02-27-2013, 05:13 PM
Knee high white Sorel boots with leggings, an oversized sweater and an LL Bean down parka with hood.

Lorileah
02-27-2013, 05:56 PM
We had 12 inches over the weekend, 2 more yesterday and I went out last night in a LBD with black pumps. Is that the right answer?

kellycan27
02-27-2013, 06:43 PM
It was 75 degrees here in sunny California today.... I went surfing. ( I have to rub it in while I can cause in April we're moving to NH)

drushin703
02-27-2013, 07:24 PM
Hey Erica: I live in Detroit so join the "bad weather is getting on my last nerve" club. But last Saturday I wore a plad mini skirt and a pair of
knee high, three inch heel boots. I frooze by ass off, but I was cute....lol, dana

Stevie
02-27-2013, 07:30 PM
No snow here in Toledo. Just ice and rain and very cold.

RADER
02-27-2013, 11:26 PM
Just jeans and a top;
I sit in my plow truck, do a lot of shifting, "D" & "R" and push buttons
up-down- right- left. It gets to be fun; and when you drive down the street
and see a cute girl trying to shovel her drive way approach witch is full
from the Township plow truck, You stop, lower the blade, and push the snow
and 2 hours of work away in 2 seconds. They want to jump in and kiss you.
Rader

Erica Marie
02-28-2013, 06:39 AM
Knee high white Sorel boots with leggings, an oversized sweater and an LL Bean down parka with hood.

Now that is my kind of outfit. Take me shopping, please ;)

cathie pantyhose
02-28-2013, 01:47 PM
If I did go out, my fav outfit here in Boulder, Colorado in the winter would be a l/s knee length sweater dress, Wolford tights and my brown 4" heel boots. It's a nice warm outfit when very chilly. I have almost an identical outfit in black with black boots too

Danielle_cder
02-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Usually jeans, turtle neck jacket n heeled boots maybe a hat for around town. Skiing, zebra print jacket n pants pink helmet:)

rita63
02-28-2013, 03:49 PM
I wore panty hose to my last support group meeting under my skinny jeans because long johns ruin the effect. They aren't as warm, the cool nylon feeling is almost chilling. They did however leave me feeling more femme. Our temp is around 0 C, (32 F) and its wet and windy and rain/snow just nasty.

hugs rita

Karren H
02-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Since the friggin groundhog lied..... I'm waiting for global warming to kick in so I can go out in a skirt.....

cdterri
02-28-2013, 04:39 PM
Suck it up, I went out today in 30 degree weather wearing a sundress, cropped sweater, stocking cap and knee high boots. A little chilly but who cares. It's worth it!