PDA

View Full Version : Whats it like to feel beautiful?

Brynna M
02-27-2013, 09:01 PM
So one of my desires when crossdressing is to feel beautiful. Because of a variety of limitations I'm not able to be as put together as pretty as many of the ladies here.

So my question is what is it like to look and feel 100% feminine and beautiful? Is it all its cracked up to be? I'm curious about others feelings or experiences.

kimdl93
02-27-2013, 10:51 PM
I doubt that even truly beautiful women would be able to answer that question. It probably doesn't 'feel' like anything at all. It's like asking how it feels to have blue eyes. Some beautiful people do acknowledge that they feel a bit uncomfortable with what seems unmerited attention. Others are filled with doubts and some are just comfortable in their own skin. In other words, pretty much like the rest of us.

Rachelakld
02-27-2013, 10:59 PM
What is beautiful? for me it's a smile (males or females).
While I own beautiful clothes often I'll dress casual or even scruffy (girls t-shirt & girls ripped jeans & no wig - I have a number 2 hair style and 4 day old whiskers - my at home look).
Dressing up, for me, is not about being beautiful, but about a sense of freedom

AllieSF
02-27-2013, 11:06 PM
I will take a chance and answer this. When I feel like I have put together a special look, I feel wonderful, happy, proud and even a bit powerful, in the sense that I think (and probably hope a lot too) that people will also be impressed by what I have accomplished. Now this feeling is mine alone and may last all night, or just a short time, like up until I walk in front of a large reflective window and then change my mind thinking that maybe my outfit is not as great as I thought it was. Now, all that being said, I think that a better feeling is one where you know you did your best, you look good to yourself and are not comparing yourself to anyone else. That is my better and longer lasting feeling and is one of the several things that keeps me going and coming back for more. We all tend to be harder on ourselves than other people may be. That is natural. A more sane approach is to like yourself for yourself and find that point where you are more than satisfied with who you are and what you can do. Comparisons always have that unfortunate and unwanted effect of sometimes backfiring on ourselves and making us feel worse than better.

ArleneRaquel
02-27-2013, 11:08 PM
Every now & then I get the look that I am very proud of, my beauty is a fleeting thing.

kellycan27
02-27-2013, 11:11 PM
AllieSF

Well said.

Ceri Anne
02-27-2013, 11:36 PM
If you don't think you look that well, then cover up the mirror, take your time, enjoy primping, polishing your nails, shaving, putting on makup and dressing, then just let the inner you express herself and only see what you feel like. After all, you do this for you, not anyone else. I have met tons of people who were average looking or less, it is the inner spirit that truely gives them beauty and self appreciation.

Carmen
02-27-2013, 11:37 PM
Last year I was at a TG club in Vegas.
I was wearing black slacks, a dark green V-neck top, and mildy heeled black pumps (I'm tall), plus lots of Southwest style bling.
I needed to use the ladies room. There were large mirrors over the sinks and full length ones on the walls.

I stood for a few minutes amazed at my reflection...I didn't recognise myself!
Everything was working...from my hair and makeup to my sexy girly figure filling out my attire.
I broke out into a huge happy smile! I was beautiful!

I touched up my lipstick and then ventured back out into the thumping music and sea of people having a good time.

sarahcrossed
02-27-2013, 11:51 PM
I love that feeling. I miss it so much. There is nothing like getting all dressed up and feeling beautiful. I havnt felt that way in a long time.

Rhonda Ann
02-27-2013, 11:58 PM
I look at some of the pictures posted and I think, "She is gorgeous, I wish I looked that good". I'm aging a little and don't look as good as I did at one time. I need to lose some weight (about 20 lbs.) and I have few more wrinkles and age spots are starting to appear, I can put makeup on a cover up some of the age. The thing to me is I like to dress in fem and I like to think I look good. I live in an area where going to a public establishment could be devastating so it's how I feel that matters. I have plans to join a gym to help with the weight problem, I can't right now because of a possible spine injury, but as soon as I get it cleared through the dr. I'm going to work more on my shape appearance. It's harder to do when you start aging more. I haven't been a member on this site very long, the short time I have been, it has encouraged me to take a little more pride in my appearance.

Lady Panda
02-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Feeling beautiful isn't about the way you look...It is about feeling happy with yourself...feeling at peace with who you truely are.

Its just like sexy....it isn't a thing of outer beauty but INNER BEAUTY...sexy begins from inside....ever look at a woman and she isn't really pretty but she is incredibly sexy .....it is because it come from inside. she feels good about herself, is confident, loves who she is, enjoys the clothes she has on and wants to share that special feeling w everyone.

Like the old saying BEAUTY IS IN THE EYE OF THE BEHOLDER

Hold yourself up high allow yourself to feel your inner beauty and you will be beautiful.

Fran Moore
02-28-2013, 12:03 AM
What's it like to feel beautiful?

Like a snowflake falling lazily from the winter sky

Like a cool gentle breeze on a hot summers day

Like feeling the vibrations of a cat softly purring on my lap

Like a baby sleeping soundly in your arms

Like the feeling I got when I watched the Budwieser Clydsdale running down the Chicago street to find his trainer

It's unpredictable, amazing, and fleeting, but I know it when I feel it.

That's what it's like to feel beautiful to me........

DeeArel
02-28-2013, 12:03 AM
Whats it like to feel beautiful?

I have been contemplating the answer to this question for a while wondering how to respond. As I sat here removing my nail polish in preparation for the morning return to "normal," it dawned on me. And such a simple answer. I had been out shopping tonight and picked up a skirt, a pair of peep toe black heels, and a couple of camis. Sitting on the floor in front of me is the bag with my purchases and the answer is on the side of it.

"Feel beautiful, whbm.com."

All one needs to do is wear clothes from White House Black Market.

lingerieLiz
02-28-2013, 12:21 AM
Since beauty is in the eye of the beholder it is up to you to decide. I have felt pretty at times when I was young dressed nicely and comfortable with my look. Beautiful? I knew that I had flaws and I wished that I could have better this or that.

PaulaQ
02-28-2013, 12:33 AM
Real beauty comes from within.

celeste26
02-28-2013, 12:40 AM
And yet GG's face the $billion beauty industry which is in the business of telling them they are not beautiful UNLESS they buy this or that, never rich enough, never thin enough, and certainly never as smart or as worthy of respect as the men in their life. It is a cruel irony that so much is spent and none of it can really help out with the inner glow that comes with being a good person and loving yourself.

Believe me when I say I've met some women who would be ranked in the negative numbers on the world's beauty scale but who are full of love and warmth and who I admire far more than the top ranked models.

PaulaQ
02-28-2013, 12:48 AM
And yet GG's face the $billion beauty industry which is in the business of telling them they are not beautiful UNLESS they buy this or that, never rich enough, never thin enough, and certainly never as smart or as worthy of respect as the men in their life.

I don't disagree with your overall statement celeste, about the industry or a person's inner glow. I agree with this.

I know I'll get in trouble for this, and that this will probably be a very unpopular statement, but I feel it is the truth. The cruelest critics of women's looks are by and large other women. It has nothing to do with men.

In general, we build prisons for ourselves as a society one expectation at a time, and the ediface constructed by the collection of all our expectations can be cruel indeed. We do this to ourselves and to each other.

docrobbysherry
02-28-2013, 01:00 AM
I don't like the word "beautiful" as applied to myself. I reserve that word to describe women that I think r truly beautiful!

However, I have had a few glimpses of Sherry that I mite describe as stunning or hot! And, I've felt that way occasionally, too.

"Feeling feminine"? How would I know what that feels like? Mite as well ask if I've ever felt like a duck or ground hog!

kellycan27
02-28-2013, 01:17 AM
Sherry always looks hot!

PaulaQ
02-28-2013, 01:31 AM
Sherry always looks hot!
You ain't kiddin!

Beverley Sims
02-28-2013, 10:14 AM
Self hypnosis helps.
Seriously though. Immerse yourself in your own imagination.

I think you can wear your prettiest and most becoming outfit and become someone you want to be.
It may be only in your imagination but you should try making yourself up and wearing something sexy and you shoul feel in yourself like other attractive women do.
You only have to do it for yourself at home.

Be the woman you want to be without sharing it with others.

Joanne108
02-28-2013, 12:47 PM
I dress to look like a woman, and I have seen many here who do a great job at looking beautiful. I notice my imperfections and don't think that I am beautiful when dressed. I recently switched to a blonde wig. One day while home by myself I dressed and did my make up then did work around the house. I had to go some where I thought I'd better touch up my look before I left. I saw myself in the mirror and I was shocked because I looked like a beautiful woman. I even got compliments while I was a the store! I felt great! And of course my dressing increased!

Lorileah
02-28-2013, 01:11 PM
I would guess it would be wonderful. Sort of like Valhalla in springtime. (no clue what Valhalla is like...but it sounds fun)

Angela Campbell
02-28-2013, 01:18 PM
I doubt that even truly beautiful women would be able to answer that question. It probably doesn't 'feel' like anything at all. It's like asking how it feels to have blue eyes. Some beautiful people do acknowledge that they feel a bit uncomfortable with what seems unmerited attention. Others are filled with doubts and some are just comfortable in their own skin. In other words, pretty much like the rest of us.

I know what it feels like to have blue eyes......but I'm not going to tell you.

cathie pantyhose
02-28-2013, 01:40 PM
for me, its liberating. I am happiest when dressed fem from head to toe including hair and now experimenting with makeup. One of the biggest steps for me was even removing my forearm hair. If I could be like this 24/7 and still be with my wife, life would be beyond perfect but she is not thrilled with the fem side so it remains when alone.

Vickie_CDTV
02-28-2013, 05:40 PM
It is a tough question because it is so relative. Beautiful... in one's own eyes, or beautiful in the eyes of others? I find myself attractive when dressed, but I have never been told by others I am attractive, and I certainly do not meet the standards of beauty of mainstream society.

Brynna M
03-01-2013, 09:40 PM
Thanks ladies.

Some interesting replies.... I appreciate it. I find it helpful to hear other perspectives on things i ponder.

Thanks again.

RenneB
03-01-2013, 11:25 PM
I once had the chance to go out for lunch with a model. I was 26 and she was 21 and in perfect shape... as we entered the restuarant, all eyes were on her. People stopped in mid-bit and just stared... As we made it through the table and finally sat down, I asked her, "did you notice all the people staring at you?"... she replied with a heavy sigh..."yea, it happens a lot, I just get used to it".

To her it was a curse. People would constantly bother her at work just to be with her and chit chat. Guys would always come up to her and hit on her and the other women in the office were always talking behind her back about what she must be doing to herself to be that fit... Needless to say, we never hit it off and went our separate ways....

This taught me that I should be happy with what I have and just be myself... no matter what other people say and do. That's what I do in either mode. I do the best I can to look good and have good fashion scense and then head on out. I'm comfortable in my own skin no matter what clothes I wear. No I'm not the most handsome (en male mode) and am a far way from pretty (en girl mode) but I have confidence and no one can take that away from me.....

Renne.....

nhlighthouse
03-01-2013, 11:29 PM
RenneB that is all you need to project the inner beauty from yourself. Confidence,self-esteem and pride will carry you thru life!

Traceyjo
03-02-2013, 06:50 AM
When I am fully dressed and made-up I can look in the mirror and see a very attractive woman and the feeling is sensational . Of course like everyone here I love the feel of wearing femme clothes but it is a huge bonus when I can see myself as "beautiful" and really get a thrill of seeing my image in the mirror or in the pics I take. I'm so grateful that I am still able to create that look. As I age maintaining the facial attractiveness is becoming harder but my body shape is still as sexy as ever. All that exercise pays off.

Lee Andrews
03-02-2013, 08:55 AM
I feel beautiful until I walk past the full length mirror :D. Then the image of a guy in a dress kicks in :eek:. So I avoid them like the plague.

Kate Simmons
03-02-2013, 11:04 AM
Beauty is usually in the eye of the beholder, whether that beholder is us or someone else. :battingeyelashes::)

Paula T
03-03-2013, 05:26 PM
I know I'm not beautiful but the last time I had a professional makeover I actually felt attractive when we went out afterward to a mainstream place. It was a very very good feeling.:)

RenneB
03-03-2013, 05:47 PM
RenneB that is all you need to project the inner beauty from yourself. Confidence,self-esteem and pride will carry you thru life!

I know that and I wish more of the girls from this site knew that..... I'd add that a little bit of fashion goes a long way....

Renne.....

Bethany_Anne_Fae
03-03-2013, 07:50 PM
When I am all done up as Embyrre the Faery Queen, I get a TON of positive reenforcement and compliments on my look, makeup and movement. All of it makes me feel appreciated as well as beautiful. When I am Beth and simply dress up to go to the clubs, I get a different feeling of beautiful in how I feel while dancing/moving. I get that from within. Bothe versions are a wonderful overall feeling, but not the end all....be all.

cindychan
03-03-2013, 07:57 PM
Well last time I dressed up my wife said I looked beautiful and passable. It felt so validating hearing that from her:) In that instant I felt beautiful.

nhlighthouse
03-03-2013, 08:01 PM
Great post Joanne... so glad for you. How did you get up the courage to do it?

I dress to look like a woman, and I have seen many here who do a great job at looking beautiful. I notice my imperfections and don't think that I am beautiful when dressed. I recently switched to a blonde wig. One day while home by myself I dressed and did my make up then did work around the house. I had to go some where I thought I'd better touch up my look before I left. I saw myself in the mirror and I was shocked because I looked like a beautiful woman. I even got compliments while I was a the store! I felt great! And of course my dressing increased!

MsJanessa
03-03-2013, 08:16 PM
It feels incredibly sensual when you get it right---which, as someone said above, is a fleeting moment

MysticLady
03-03-2013, 08:24 PM
So my question is what is it like to look and feel 100% feminine and beautiful? Is it all its cracked up to be? I'm curious about others feelings or experiences.

Im working my way there. The anticipation is a great feeling right now,I hope the day Im finally complete will be an even more joyous feeling.:daydreaming:

oliviall
03-04-2013, 12:38 AM
My first professional makeover was an out of body experience. I was seeing something I didn't believe was possible.

Going from feeling invisible to having everyone want to come talk to you is an amazing experience... but I can see where if it had always been that way why it might seem to be a difficult thing to handle after a while.

I tend to be a wreck before I go out, trying to make sure everything comes together, but when it does all the worry goes away and I'm gliding on air :)

noeleena
03-04-2013, 03:34 AM
Hi,

Beauty For me wont be seen by any one no matter how hard you look at myself, so there is another beauty that's not seen yet it can show, & it comes out in who we are, could be a man or woman. it comes from being who we are & how we express our self's. & that's were my beauty comes from. from with in. i show that as a woman.

And i have seen some fantastic beauty from some of the most unlikely places & people .

...noeleena...