PDA

View Full Version : Red nails for comic relief

andrea lace
02-28-2013, 06:51 AM
Hello everyone
I was wearing some red nail varnish today and needed to pop down the shops, my wife is at home and I jokingly said that I would go to the shops with the red nail varnish still on.
I have not as yet been out of the house with any visible item of female clothing or makeup on. I have started to have this I don't give a damn attitude about who sees me with femme items on, but its still early days for me then I had a thought.
In the UK every few years we have a fund raising event called Comic Relief the whole country gets involved with this and the UK raises millions of pounds for countries both home and away to help with things like clean water food and healthcare for those who have very little.
You can get fund raising packs from the local supermarkets and the theme around the fund raising is comedy. This fund raising event is also known as red nose day. I have the idea that I could wear red nail varnish all the time until the fund raiser is over and get people to sponsor me then I would be able to kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
1.) Look fab with some nice shiny red nail polish on and 2.) raise money for a good cause and if anyone mentioned or asked why I was wearing nail varnish I could ask them to sponsor me.
So now I am off down to the supermarket to get some more info. The big day is Friday the 15th March and it would be fun to wear red nails until then. Comic Relief was first started in 1985 by Richard Curtis and Lenny Henry in response to the famine in Ethiopia

Beverley Sims
02-28-2013, 08:17 AM
You would have to find a matching red nose.
Why not, a great cover for you and raise money for a worthwhile cause.
I thought Red Nose Day was an annual event.

I Am Paula
02-28-2013, 10:04 AM
I admire your fundraising. I also think that you will very quickly discover that no one cares (or notices) if you paint your nails. Go for it!-Celeste

heathr1
02-28-2013, 10:32 AM
Well done for fundraising.