PDA

View Full Version : told the wife, was pleasantly surprised

punkypunk
02-28-2013, 09:58 AM
My wife and I have been separated for about a year though we are still close, still spend quite a few nights together and I guess it was assumed we'd probably get back together eventually. She knows I'm bi and knows I've had issues with gender and crossdressed, she didn't mind but wanted zero to do with any of it.
Since we split I've been seeing a therapist and am almost at the decision to start hrt. I was uncertain of how she would take the news, but quite sure it would end our relationship and be our last contact...
I must say I underestimated her severely! After an initial shock, a brief 'why didn't you tell me this before you wasted my 20s?', she apologised and assured me it wasn't a problem and that we will go on together :-)
Then she gave me some lacy undies for my wardrobe and we tried some of her clothes on. Not sure of all the finer details yet, but it looks like I was really stressed about telling her for nothing. What a relief, still not sure what ill do yet, but I'm one step closer!
I can't post pics from my phone to this site, I just got all dolled up to celebrate and wanted to share :-( I updated my profile pic and avatar, I've never posted a pic that had my face anywhere and I thought that would be a fun step, hello world! :-)

Beverley Sims
02-28-2013, 10:37 AM
I would treasure the relationship that you have.
It would appear to me a mistake was made a year ago.
Work on it quietly with each other and I wish you well in getting closer.
One step at a time.

cdmorganashley
02-28-2013, 10:50 AM
glad to hear you are getting some support from your wife =) i wish u the best in ur journey whether that be hrt or another path - whatever u decide - and love the face pic i think it takes courage to post one and am working on getting mine on here in the near future too

Georgie
02-28-2013, 01:49 PM
Congrats to you :D

punkypunk
02-28-2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks for the kind words :-)
Face pic was a big step, I played with makeup for hrs before it was even remotely acceptable, some of the pics could've been a horror movie villain lol just gotta keep practising right girls?

andrea lace
02-28-2013, 05:46 PM
I told my wife about my CDing just before xmass. She was toataly cool with it and now we are closer than ever. Life for us now is a big adventure. I am happy that things have worked out well for you both.