PDA

View Full Version : Waiting

Vieja
02-28-2013, 10:33 AM
Why is it that the wait time for delivery of a package is directly proportional to how

badly you want to get your hands on it? I bought a dress from Macy's that makes

me feel gorgeous. (As long as I don't look in the mirror.) I ordered two more in

different colors and am climbing the walls waiting for them to arrive. Woe is me.

Vieja

Tara D. Rose
02-28-2013, 10:56 AM
I know that feeling all to well. I have really gone to extremes to get something as soon as possible. One time I had ordered something over the phone. I was in SC and the retailer was in Ohio. They asked where to ship it. I said, I will come pick it up. I drove over several states, picked it up and drove back down several states.

I hope your dresses come today Viega.

BillieJoEllen
02-28-2013, 11:05 AM
I remember ordering a number of things from Montgomery Ward. I thought it was safe to have them delivered during the day because my wife was at work. Wouldn't you know it, my wife came home for five minutes and my packages were delivered while she was there. "We'll talk when I get home"! It was more like "I'll talk you listen".

Beverley Sims
02-28-2013, 12:18 PM
A watched pot never boils, is an old saying as well.
Patience is a word that springs to mind here.

DonnaT
02-28-2013, 12:50 PM
I remember ordering a number of things from Montgomery Ward. I thought it was safe to have them delivered during the day because my wife was at work. Wouldn't you know it, my wife came home for five minutes and my packages were delivered while she was there. "We'll talk when I get home"! It was more like "I'll talk you listen".
Worse than the waiting!

SandraInHose
02-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Not so much waiting for packages, but waiting for the house to empty out so I can dress is always torture! My wife is notorious for taking minimum 90 minutes to get ready...she's high maintenance...spends too much time on her makeup and hairstyling, and then comes picking out the wardrobe for the day, which usually involves several changes before she emerges from the master bedroom. But not before re-touching up her hair and makeup again. <sigh>

Although I'm thankful she still cares so much about her appearance and puts in the effort, sometimes I wish she was more wash-and-wear.

Jenni Yumiko
02-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Ups choice helps, you get a delivery window. That's why I try to avoid eBay, such randomness when it comes to deliveries.
Macy's has express before 11 delivery though.

RADER
02-28-2013, 07:22 PM
I remember good old "Watch Wards" commercials from years ago.
I got my first very own girdle from them. I always liked Wards.
When they went out of Business, they turned the Store in the
Maul into a make shift School for the grade school kids.
The school house sat next to a river that went over its banks,
and flooded the school with 4' of water. So they went to the
old Wards store and called it Montgomery U.
Rader

Jenni Yumiko
02-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Wasn't there a huge one on broadway next to the Riv n by the brawl room?

RADER
02-28-2013, 07:56 PM
Wasn't there a huge one on broadway next to the Riv n by the brawl room?

Yes there was, and a Goblatz down the street also.
Now you are testing one's memory.
Rader

mikiSJ
02-28-2013, 10:30 PM
A lot of UPS deliveries are being made by the USPS. I have recently ordered from Macys.com and Coldwatercreek.com and while the initial shipment was via UPS, when the package got to San Jose it was delivered to the Post Office for delivery.

The bra I ordered from Macys was so late (by 5 days) that I cancelled the order and it showed up the next day. The Coldwatercreek order showed up on time.

Jilmac
02-28-2013, 10:39 PM
I never have to wait because after trying on a dress or skirt I simply walk out of the store with my purchase.