PDA

View Full Version : Almost Out

linda allen
03-01-2013, 07:55 AM
Almost out. Not "outed", out of the house.

My wife generally accepts my dressing and she often picks out clothing and jewelry for me when we are out shopping. She's OK with me dressing around the house but deathly afraid of neighbors or friends seeing me dressed. I see her point, it woud be pretty embarassing and hard to live down.

I've been trying to find a way to get out of the house dressed. My plan has been to leave with her after dark, walk to the car and ride away as if I were a female friend of hers (if anybody saw us, that would be the story).

Yesterday, I drove her fifty miles from home to look at some puppies (she wants one). She asked me to take some pictures and of course I did. When we got home she asked me if I could send them to Walmart for prints and I did. She wanted the prints to show her friends this morning so she suggested driving to Walmart to oick them up. She asked if I wanted to go with her or if she should go by herself.

Sensing my opportunity, I suggested that we wait until dark and I would dress and we could go together. She said "Into Walmart with your boobs on?" and I said no, I would wait in the car.

There was some hemming and hawing and she finally said "It's up to you." I said, OK, lets wait until it's dark and I'll get dressed and we'll go.

For anyone who has been married for more than a few months, you know that when your wife tells you something is "up to you", it really isn't.

I thought about it for a while and then went to her and said something on the order of "This is bothering you, isn't it?" She said "Yes" and told me about her fears of being seen, the possibility of an accident or breakdown, etc. I said "OK, I'll dress like a man and we can go." so we did.

On the way, we had some more discussion about her fears and what I could do to minimize the chance of problems. She talked about how she was trying to understand my dressing and we both talked about how much we love each other.

So - I'm still not out of the house dressed, but the seed has been planted and I've started watering and fertilizing it.

BLUE ORCHID
03-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Hi Linda, The journey of a thousand miles starts with the first step.

Wildaboutheels
03-01-2013, 08:49 AM
Do YOU want or need out is the real Q. Obviously, many here are happy dressing at home. Or at least are "happy enough".

linda allen
03-01-2013, 08:59 AM
Do YOU want or need out is the real Q. Obviously, many here are happy dressing at home. Or at least are "happy enough".
I want and need my wife to be happy. Everything else is secondary.

When she is ready, we will go out together or I will go out alone, whichever she can deal with. Being a crossdresser puts a heavy burden on a wife and a marriage. She is doing her best to understand and accept it. I am doing my best to keep things on an even keel.

Remember, I don't want the neighbors or friends to know I'm a crossdresser either and I have no intention of dressing full time or anything more.

kimdl93
03-01-2013, 09:52 AM
I understand and I think that going out together represents a change or a new threshold being crossed together. Breakdowns or being seen by friends might be an issue, true, but the step out together may be seen as a redefining moment in your relationship. Not a bad one, necessarily but a meaningful moment.

Beverley Sims
03-01-2013, 10:07 AM
Linda, I have followed your progress for a while and your progress has been going in leaps and bounds.
I think it is time to slow down and not destroy everything you have strived for.
You are correct in backing off and the fact that she buys jewelry for you and you dress around the house now are giant strides in a short time.
I suggest you water and fertilize the seed but too much water will drown it and as for too much fertilizer.
You can kill a lawn overnight.
Please take care and tip toe through the tulips. They are fragile.

~Joanne~
03-01-2013, 11:08 AM
I think your on the right path but like Bev stated, take it slow and don't over do it. A lot of girls wish they could just dress in the house , let alone go outside so your a few steps ahead of the pack. I understand the desire to go out as I am right there with you on this but pushing it, or rushing it, may have a reverse effect on your wife. I am sure in time she may move outside her comfort zone or maybe even stop caring as much but for now, It's best that you did it how you did :)

bridget thronton
03-01-2013, 12:22 PM
You are wise Linda and good at sensing your wife's needs. Could be the first outing will involve finish dressing in the car and being away from your usual haunts.

Allsteamedup
03-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Well thank god for kim!

That's exactly the point! You are someone else when you are out dressed. And if you are with your wife, yes, it is a different relationship!

If only more cders would consider this aspect. You want to be called something other than your partner name. You want the general public to accept you as a woman, but along with this you do not (probably) offer enough consideration to the change in dynamic with your wife.

You want to hold hands. Women don't do this in a shopping mall nor restaurant.

You want to go to the 'Ladies' toilet. We chat about allsorts in the toilet. You won't..

Your wife may be concerned people are looking at you...she doesn't want trouble.

She can't settle to browsing as she would with a friend, maybe.....the relationship is different.

The person who gets most out of this is you. What is in it for your wife?

I have read what you say. You had a lovely meal. You tried on lots of frocks. The waitress was nice to you. It was nice feeling like girlfriends.

We have a thread on the ladies side at the moment. A newbie is being requested to go out. Well, if you can go to another town, fine. My neighbours shop in the next town, 90mls away! My nearest shopping mall is 120 mls away. Where can I take mine? The best suggestion at the moment is hill-walking.

It is so easy for the cder to think that the partner is throwing up excuses but any trip out dressed, in daylight or darkness has to be well considered. And the biggest support you can offer is in being honest about your expectation of what the altered relationship during that outing will look like.

Thanks, kim, for being so understanding.

linda allen
03-02-2013, 09:48 AM
I'll wait as long as I have to. I don't have to go out ot go crazy.

I can take a "boy bag" in case of a breakdown, but the chances of that or an accident are pretty slim. I could have a fire in my house right now and have to run out the door dressed. There's some risk in everything including getting up in the morning.

As I said, I'll wait until she's ready and yes, I'll try to make it so there's something in it for her as well as for me.

Jill Devine
03-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Remember, I don't want the neighbors or friends to know I'm a crossdresser either and I have no intention of dressing full time or anything more.
Then never ever go outside the house dressed. If you don't want to be caught and can't take a risk then don't take the risk.

It's a simple fact: stepping out the front door can and will place you in situations where you can bump into someone you know. It's a small world we live in.

JenniferR771
03-02-2013, 11:15 AM
I told my nearest neighbor. Wife was upset and angry when I told her about it. But...nothing happened. What did she expect to happen?
Wives often feel personally embarrassed, upset and humiliated if someone finds out that hubby crossdresses.
How come?

Rogina B
03-03-2013, 08:47 PM

As I said, I'll wait until she's ready and yes, I'll try to make it so there's something in it for her as well as for me.

My opinion is that you are better off making your first excursion alone.You will be less nervous,your wife won't be there to get nervous and you will skip the anxiety that comes from the whole thing both being a new experience while at the same time pretending to act like a GG pal of your wife's. You can't expect to do it all,so better you learn to handle a little bit at a time,alone.