PDA

View Full Version : "I can't take anymore"

Kalista Jameson
03-01-2013, 05:19 PM
"I can't take anymore", is what my closet is now telling me.:eek:

For the first time in my entire life of 44 years, I now understand the dilemma and frustration women go through in their quest to store their clothing. Until the pink fog hit, the only things in my closet were several pairs of jeans, t-shirts and... that's it. Oh yeah, and like three pairs of shoes, two running style and a formal pair for dressy occasions (3 in the last decade).

As a guy in guy mode that's all I need and suits me well. But as Kalista, I NEED SPACE!:devil: Holy cow, I cannot believe how a few trips to Ross and some orders from Amazon has overpowered my closet. I want more....more....MORE SPACE!

I may have to get a bigger apartment. Who else is running into this side effect of the pink fog?

~Kalista

Ericaxd
03-01-2013, 05:25 PM
Well, I own more women's shoes than men's shoes, more skirts and dresses than male slacks, and more on the way, so I guess I know the feeling.

Stephanie47
03-01-2013, 05:34 PM
I know your pain. Since I retired I have an ample wardrobe to last until I'm dead and gone. Plenty of dress slacks, dress shirts and ties. I'm down to two pairs of men's dress shoes, and, two pairs of athletic shoes. Maybe, eight sets of white tees and shorts, and, the same with black.

On the other hand, I just bought a new Merona black and white print wrap dress which makes dress #97. I definitely have more undergarments than the boy in me. Over four hundred slips, scores of panties and bras. I need a closet, not just a bigger closet. All of the feminine garb is stored in 17 Zerox boxes and another large box in a night stand.

I forgot the shoes... about eighteen pairs, which I understand may be not a record for some on this forum. But, for me that's an ample amount.

Sometimes I think it was a great mistake to buy a computer. On line buying is sooooooooo easy.

Kalista Jameson
03-01-2013, 05:47 PM
On line buying is sooooooooo easy.

Lol, you do not lie. I have a pair of boots and China doll shoes en route still out in UPS land, and have no idea where I can put them. Ah the price of artistic expression and sexiness....:)

-Kalista

Annaliese
03-01-2013, 05:51 PM
My side of the closet, is small any way, but 90% of it is my fem thing, I have more heels than shoes.

AimeeG
03-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I just swapped my closet last week and put that other guys cloths in the back...Aimee has 95% of the closet and all but one drawer. I can't wait until I move back into my house which has two walk in closets.

Jodi Anne
03-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I know what you mean I only have 2 pair of guy shoes but a few dozen shoes for Jodi Anne. I did not understand before why Imelda Marcos had 2700 pairs of shoes, now I do.

Kate Simmons
03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
The bottom line is that most women, including TG women never have enough clothes. Go figure on that one.:heehee::)

Bree Wagner
03-01-2013, 07:23 PM
The size of the master bedroom closet was a key consideration in purchasing my current house!

-Bree

reb.femme
03-01-2013, 07:39 PM
..........I want more....more....MORE SPACE!
I may have to get a bigger apartment. Who else is running into this side effect of the pink fog?
~Kalista

It's amazing isn't it Kalista? Guy mode equals three draws for tops and stuff, and a small wardrobe for the rest. There is a double for work suits and shirts but won't count that. In approximately one year, Rebecca has already matched my 'Bob mode' requirement and has oozed into the spare room's double wardrobe. We were talking about moving for a bit more garden, but I think my major concern is that closet issue.......damn the FOG! Actually, I'm just gonna learn to live with it! :devil:

Rebecca

Amy07
03-01-2013, 07:53 PM
Yes, yes yes
My main closet is overflowing with my things, as Amy.
I need to sort it out and donate to the appropriate places.

Emma Leigh
03-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Me too....I,ve got 3 bedrooms and every wardrobe is full of dresses, skirts and tops, drawers are full of underwear and I have the overspill in 3 suitcases. Guy stuff well thats 2 drawers worth and thats everything bar 1 suit and a jacket

susan54
03-01-2013, 08:06 PM
I know this problem only too well. I have two wardrobes, one double for skirts and the other walk-in for dresses, blouses, cardigans and underwear. Both also have shoes in boxes on the shelving. The rest are in the loft on hangers. I now have almost 600 dresses, and the skirts have reached 999 with a policy of one in, one out. I think I have over 200 pairs of shoes and boots, and lots of tops in boxes in the spare room. One of the biggest challenges was how to store the jewellery - all the necklaces and pendants are on hooks inside the doors of the double wardrobe,and the earrings are in 3 hardware divided boxes, and the scarves (over 100) are on special 'hole' hangers in the walk-in. I absolutely love these clothes and spend most of my tiem in them. In fact today I reckoned that if a woman is under 30, I have probably spent more time in a skirt/dress or even a bra than her.

Kalista Jameson
03-01-2013, 09:35 PM
I know this problem only too well. I have two wardrobes, one double for skirts and the other walk-in for dresses, blouses, cardigans and underwear. Both also have shoes in boxes on the shelving. The rest are in the loft on hangers. I now have almost 600 dresses, and the skirts have reached 999 with a policy of one in, one out. I think I have over 200 pairs of shoes and boots, and lots of tops in boxes in the spare room. One of the biggest challenges was how to store the jewellery - all the necklaces and pendants are on hooks inside the doors of the double wardrobe,and the earrings are in 3 hardware divided boxes, and the scarves (over 100) are on special 'hole' hangers in the walk-in. I absolutely love these clothes and spend most of my tiem in them. In fact today I reckoned that if a woman is under 30, I have probably spent more time in a skirt/dress or even a bra than her.

200 pairs of shoes and 600 dresses? I bow before you, Susan! =) You must live in a clothing store, LOL.

I need a drawer just for pantyhose, alone.

~Kalista

CynthiaD
03-01-2013, 09:41 PM
My femme attire has taken over my closet. I got rid of most of my male stuff and put up a whole new rod. I filled the empty space in no time. My closet floor is covered with femme shoes, and my chest of drawers has nothing but female clothing.

The worst of it is, I don't have a thing to wear!

BLUE ORCHID
03-01-2013, 09:47 PM
Hi Kalista, You are preaching to the choir here I have three closets full.

lingerieLiz
03-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Guilty as charged! Still need more closet space after expansion.

carhill2mn
03-02-2013, 12:28 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of "woman-hood"!

Tracii G
03-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Yep same problem here.

EllenJo
03-02-2013, 12:55 PM
There is an old saying about how 20% of people do 80% of the work. Well in my world Ellen Jo gets out about 20% of the time but has 80% of the clothes. Seems fair to me.

Ellen Jo

melissakozak
03-02-2013, 01:05 PM
Kind of a fun problem to have if you ask me....

Sharon B.
03-02-2013, 01:14 PM
Since I live alone I have converted one bedroom into a large walk-in closet on one side of the wall I hung some wire racks and a clothes rod. The other side has a couple of dressers that are full with lingerie and sweaters.
Yes I have more than double the amount of clothes that my feminine self has over my male self. I enjoy using scented body wash, scented body lotion and use perfume. I don't use anything scented on my male side.

TanyaR
03-02-2013, 01:17 PM
My problem is I'm having to get rid of some of my clothes as my DH, Nikki grows her wardrobe! One small walk in closet for 2 women and 1 man isn't working. And all the extra closets are being used by those pesky kids of ours. (:
I do not understand why s/he needs 3 black skirts the same length though? Don't even get me started on the mess of shoes we have. 14 more years until the youngest two leave. Not sure our closet will make it.

Beverley Sims
03-02-2013, 01:26 PM
Sometimes I think people like us should be banned from Ross and Goodwill, Macys and Zaks.
And a lot of other places that push fashoin.
Let's throw in Victorias Secret as well.
Ban them all I say!
Give us our closets back!

Lynn Marie
03-02-2013, 01:52 PM
What is so weird is that in boy mode, I'm happy to wear the same outfits over and over. No problem at all. In girl mode, once I've worn something I sort of relegate it to the back of the closet and don't want to wear it again! So my poor closet keeps growing. 27 skirts, 28 tops, 11 dresses, 2 sweaters, 3 dressing gowns, 15 pairs of heels, and miscellaneous jewelry, belts, lingerie, stockings, etc.

Allison Chaynes
03-02-2013, 04:49 PM

I should show this to my wife so she'll back off :). I don't know numbers but I have two dressers full of clothes, half a walk in closet, and a pile at the end of the bed.... plus about eight or nine pairs of shoes. Maybe around forty or fifty dresses? I just did a mini purge at her insistence and got rid of about 100 shirts, pants, and dresses, and it seemed to barely make a dent. Ban Goodwill, WalMart and Ross indeed! (I always misread that "Ross- Dress for Less" sign as "Crossdress for Less"!)

bimini1
03-02-2013, 05:13 PM
The questions is why do some of us tend to go overboard? What could we get out of a new this or that when we are approaching numbers like these? Especially those of us who have massive pieces of the same type of clothes

Sarah V
03-08-2013, 03:50 PM
And you look great in it all too Ms. Lynn Marie! Yes, I am in the same boat. Never before has my walk-in closet floor been used to store things, and now it is. It's time for a big spring Purge I see coming up!! The neat thing is once space is freed up and made, then one can go shopping for..........well you get the idea.

Kalista Jameson
03-08-2013, 04:09 PM
Sometimes I think people like us should be banned from Ross and Goodwill, Macys and Zaks.
And a lot of other places that push fashoin.
Let's throw in Victorias Secret as well.
Ban them all I say!
Give us our closets back!

No, no, no, please Ross et al, she was only joking! =) We need you........

Also special props to Volume/Payless Shoe Source for actually stocking size 13 shoes on the shelf. My pantyhosed piggies thank you!

~Kalista

Allison Chaynes
03-08-2013, 04:26 PM
The questions is why do some of us tend to go overboard? What could we get out of a new this or that when we are approaching numbers like these? Especially those of us who have massive pieces of the same type of clothes

In my case, as I imagine in others', I started out buying anything I found in my size. As I started to figure out my "style" and what I liked, I started being a little pickier. Other times I find deals on things I know I don't need and think, I just HAVE to take advantage of this deal! I currently have not bought myself anything in about six weeks, which is a record for me!

Emogene
03-08-2013, 04:46 PM
Love it, just read the term "pink fog" for the first time. So very expressive, so appropriate, one of the reasons I love this forum.

Have a wonder, pink fog kind of weekend!

Jorja
03-08-2013, 07:54 PM
There is a very simple solution to this problem. Go out and buy land. On that land build a comfortable house to live in. The rest of the land is closet space! Oh, do find out how high you are allowed to build while you are at it. My new three story walk-in closet is just wonderful!

Warning: I bought over 100 acres.

rocketscientist
03-08-2013, 08:26 PM
ROTFLMAO! Hahahahahahahahahahahahah......... passed that point a looong time ago!

Christina Horton
03-08-2013, 08:32 PM
My Mom told me once that I have 10 times the amount of makeup she has and that I have enough. But mom also thinks that I sould not wear short skirts . LOL. Moms what can we do with them....... LOVE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amie Marie
03-08-2013, 08:41 PM
I have purged over the years (now calling it denial, ugly word) but I completely understand the pink fog effect on the closet space. In male mode I have 3 pairs of shoes and a stack of black t-shirts. However when I walk into a store and just want to get done, Amie takes over and off to the shoe department we go. Only 7 pairs of shoes for Amie but that is more of a hiding from the teenage daughter delima. Once she moves out Mark's wallet and Amie's spending will cause some problems.