PDA

View Full Version : Yes, it does get easier.

Carla Stevens
03-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Over the past year or so I've come along way in my journey of self discovery.:D
From being so deep in the closet you wouldn't believe it, through to dressing infront of others for the first time ever at a CD shop in Bolton right through to getting out shopping whilst dressed.

I made a huge step in November & you can read my story in the forum HERE. (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?185138-Woohoo-I-did-it!&highlight=)
My last shopping trip dressed was to Chester just before Christmas. This was 'interesting' as it was so busy. Being in such close proximity to others was a little un-nerving.

I really needed some more 'retail therapy' so hatched a plan to head out to Manchester today.
I managed to sneak out of the house partially dressed as my father was out for the morning. I then parked up in a lay-by to put on my wig & varnish my nails.
I drove into Manchester & parked up near near Canal Street (Charles Street multi-story car park for those that know the area, as the parking is cheap).
This left me quite a long walk to get to the main shopping area. I felt a little un-easy at first, but soon relaxed & enjoyed the walk in the morning sunshine.

Wandering around the shops in girl mode was so liberating.:D
Browsing the rails of clothes & picking out what I wanted was great, even though I spent a small fortune.
Normally I buy clothes on the internet or quickly grab something off the rail in the shops without knowing whether it will fit me. Not this time. I wanted a new coat/jacket & it was great to try them on for size & actually be sure it would fit.:)

I can't believe how much more comfortable I feel when out whilst dressed. Today I kind of relaxed & almost forgot that I was dressed at times. It felt so natural.:D

So to all those out there that are making their first tentative steps out of the closet, "YES it does get easier". :D

BLUE ORCHID
03-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Hi Carla, Retal therapy always works for me.

Diversity
03-02-2013, 07:05 PM
Thanks Carla. I am in the stages of getting out there, bit by bit, and yes, it is getting easier. One thing that has occurred is that my wife now fully accepts the fact that I am wearing panties everyday. So when we are out and about, she knows I am wearing them. There will come a day that I'll get out amongst it by myself, and I am looking forward to that day in the future. For now, the little steps are just as exciting and rewarding and are, as you said, getting easier. Thank you for sharing your post.
Di

Stevie
03-02-2013, 07:42 PM
Thanks for sharing Carla. Getting more brave in my shopping. I go in male mode though.

Angie G
03-02-2013, 08:48 PM
I don't shop dressed but I don't go out of my way to hide that it's for me.And it has gotten easier.:hugs:
Angie

Beverley Sims
03-03-2013, 01:02 PM
I thought the walk from Charles St. into town was a little intimidating.
But more intimidating at six o'clock at night in January. Dark then.

Carla Stevens
03-03-2013, 05:40 PM
Well I'm just hoping to spur others on.
I'd read other peoples stories on here & never thought I'd get there myself.
I'm really becoming more comfortable within myself & it's amazing how relaxed I'm feeling when out & about.:D

Nichola
03-05-2013, 03:18 AM
Nice post Carla, cheered me up reading this:) Great that you're feeling so comfortable with yourself.

PaulaQ
03-05-2013, 04:00 AM
Thanks Carla, I've been having some doubts. It's great to read something from a girl who feels good about herself.

Carla Stevens
03-06-2013, 11:15 AM
I really need to start taking a camera with me when I go out dressed. My phone does have a camera, but it's c#*p. I still don't have a smartphone with a good camera.
I think it's great when I see photos of other girls out enjoying themselves. I need to take some photos of my own. Maybe next time.:)

vikki2020
03-06-2013, 02:53 PM
It does, and it will. Eventually, you won't think twice about being out--except,about what to wear!

Kalista Jameson
03-06-2013, 03:18 PM
Hi Carla,

I enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing it. It was inspiring to me. I hope to soon have an outside adventure like that. :)

Cheers,

Kalista