PDA

View Full Version : Calling myself Suzy is not always a good idea.

suzy1
03-02-2013, 05:51 PM
I send some PMs here and then sometimes go on to send some emails to friends or family.

I can’t believe how close I have come to signing off with ‘hugs, Suzy’.
How the h**l am I going to explain that one away if it happens? :eek:

Its all fun :heehee:

Raychel
03-02-2013, 05:54 PM
I can see where that would be a problem Suzy.
When ever I reply to or send an e-mail I use the signature feature which automatically adds
my Name and website address.
And Raychels and Rays almost never meet.

PaulaQ
03-02-2013, 06:07 PM
I use different email clients and require that I log in to each one each h time, to try to keep it straight. That said, I can see how a mistake could happen, I've almost signed my real name on this forum and in PM's here.

It would definitely be embarrassing to sign Paula in a normal message.

BLUE ORCHID
03-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Hi Suzy Just don't send any E-mails after the second drink.

tifftg
03-02-2013, 06:40 PM
I know exactly what you mean. When I am trying to do a lot of things at once and I have both email clients going I find myself signing Tiffany on my guy account. Some close calls, not sure how I would explain the slip.

Tara D. Rose
03-02-2013, 06:44 PM
I actually made that mistake one time Suzy. I use my email account for all of my friends and family. I usually edit my boy name to my girl name and then send the email. So on this one day last year, my former boss had emailed me. I hit reply and responded. And just as soon as I hit the "send" button, I looked up and realized that my email still said Tara D. Rose on it. OMG, what am I going to do? I went and did everything I could do to try and retrieve the email but it was too late. He knew nothing of my fem side and I knew it. A few months go by and he wanted to meet me for lunch. He never did mention that to me though. Of course I could't ask him about it either. So now I just make a habit right before I hit the send button, to look at it real carefully first. It's the same thing when it is coming from Tara and I look up and my male name is there.

PaulaQ
03-02-2013, 07:02 PM
I actually made that mistake one time Suzy. I use my email account for all of my friends and family. I usually edit my boy name to my girl name and then send the email. So on this one day last year, my former boss had emailed me. I hit reply and responded. And just as soon as I hit the "send" button, I looked up and realized that my email still said Tara D. Rose on it. OMG, what am I going to do? I went and did everything I could do to try and retrieve the email but it was too late.

One explanation a person could use for this would be to tell them that you play a female character in one of the online MMORPG games. There are tons of these games, and lots of guys play female characters, because they'd rather watch a female on screen than a male. (WoW is the big one, but you can pick an obscure one that he's unlikely to know about). Just tell 'em you'd been emailing your guildies and forgot to switch sigs. Indeed, in MMORPGS, you can assume that 90% of the women you meet are actually men. Only with voice chat can you be sure - and sometimes not even then.

If he then asks you - "OMG! What server do you play on! I'm a female night elf on ----- " you simply tell him you don't play anymore. Quitting MMO's is just as popular of an activity as playing them...

ronny0
03-02-2013, 09:42 PM
Laugh it off and blame it on the spell checker?

Maria 60
03-02-2013, 09:46 PM
It's easy to make that mistake, last week we went for coffee with some co-workers and when we were leaving they were having a smoke before we were going back into the car and all at once I hear someone calling out MARIA MARIA! I swung my head around almost calling back YES YES OVER HERE, but I stopped myself but not before a few co-workers picked up on it and asked me if my name was Maria and all day they called me Maria, so I know how you can make a mistake.

JenniferR771
03-02-2013, 10:49 PM
I do worry about that when signing my email to my two brothers--and--probably--their wives who may read their email. Be cautious.

Jeannie
03-02-2013, 11:02 PM
I have two separate accounts on different sites (?) and I email more as my male persona than as Jeannie (Jeannie rarely gets any email) so for me it is not a problem. However if I did do a lot email as Jeannie I could see how that would become a BIG problem for me. Mainly because here lately my mind is not hitting on all cylinders and tends to miss fire every now and then.

Rachel Morley
03-02-2013, 11:08 PM
Tell me about it! I spend a fair amount of my time (both physically en femme and online) as Rachel and there has been plenty of times I have (luckily) been able to stop myself from signing off an email at work (no less!) as "Hugs, Rachel" ... it must be hard wired in my brain!

Fran Moore
03-03-2013, 12:17 AM
Have you been mixing your e-mails with screwdrivers again Suzy?

Lisa Gerrie
03-03-2013, 01:55 AM
For work purposes I (we) often use aliases in emails. Anything accounting related is "Sue", etc.

Barbara Maria
03-03-2013, 02:46 AM
Hi Suzy. I haven't done that with e mails,but I have done it. When you've lived alone as long as I have,you tend to talk to yourself alot(at least I do). About a week ago I was in the back lounge of the bus with 3 other fellows I work with. They have no idea about my dressing. While getting up I stubbed my toe and,without thinking I said,"Nice move,Barbara". I don't think anyone caught it. At least nobody said anything.

sometimes_miss
03-03-2013, 06:32 AM
Create a 'sig' for your email accounts, and then you never have to put any name at the end of your correspondence. Eliminates any problem for those of you who might forget who you are when you're writing.

stephNE
03-03-2013, 07:14 AM
I have indeed made that mistake with in in-house email at work. Luckily my boy name (Stephen) is so similar that noone said anything about it.

Beverley Sims
03-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Just tell them it is your female persona coming out.
They would probably walk away and say"What the hell is he talking about, he should stop smoking that stuff".
Female Persona?

Chickhe
03-03-2013, 07:01 PM
...simple explaination, you let your daughter and friend use your computer and they messed up your email settings! darn kids!