PDA

View Full Version : In Houston for a week

I Am Paula
03-02-2013, 07:44 PM
I'm in Houston finishing up my old friends country album. Flew in ysterday and went straight to thestudio. After Canadian winter weather it was heavenly. Worked all day in jeans and a tank top, and could walk around outside without mukluks and a parka.
Back to work this morning. Wore heals first time in months! We might go out for dinner tonite, in which case I'll get to put on a dress, but alot of work still to do. Forgot how much I love playing guitar for a living. (I'm retired). I'm hoping to find a few hours to do some shopping some time this week, but with $830 in overwieght already, maybe just a top or two.
Houston seems like a lovely city, tho' I've only seen from the airport to my hotel, and the inside of a windowless recording studio. Nobody has been anything but polite, and respectful to me. Hotel staff ma'ams me everytime.
Thank to the Texas girls who responded to my post. I didn't bring any guy clothes. Easiest time thru' airport security ever, and my guitars lived thru' another baggage manglers best efforts.
Back to work- bye for now-Celeste

Angie G
03-02-2013, 08:54 PM
You go girl:hugs:
Angie

BLUE ORCHID
03-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi Celest, It sounds like you are having a great time in TEXAS.

Barbara Maria
03-03-2013, 03:21 AM
Hi,Celeste. Welcome to Texas! I also am a musician and live in Austin. You'll find Texans to be the friendliest people anywhere.

Beverley Sims
03-03-2013, 12:58 PM
Apart from that overweight bill I bet you are having a blast.

I Am Paula
03-03-2013, 11:05 PM
My third day in Texas. Long days are starting to take a toll. Good news is I'm sitting on a curb outside wearing a short flouncy skirt, espadrille wedges, and a tank top. Phoned my wife-it's snowing at home. I'm taking a few hours tommorow to go to some high end mall wita Louis Vuiton, and a super high end shoe store.
When I say the days are grueling, don't get me wrong... it's 70 degrees, I'm wearing summer clothes, and I'm getting paid to play guitar:-)
Food's pretty good too.-Celeste, still getting used to ipad

TxCassie
03-04-2013, 01:35 AM
:love:Welcome to Texas Cleste. I love H-Town. It's the place I like to visit when I want to get away. They have a transformation boutique that caters to TGals. But it sounds you really don't need that service. I hope you find some things to buy. It's now March and the worse of winter has passed us. Although it can still get chilly at night, the days are already spring temperatures. Have fun honey, and Yeee Hawwww Gurl. The rodeo is in town.!

Cassie

I Am Paula
03-04-2013, 11:40 PM
Thanks Cassie. Went to the Galleria mall this morning. I may have seen about 10% of it, but spent an obscene amount of money. Jeans at 'seven for all mankind', two pairs of Stewart Wiseman shoes, and a Bottega Veneta clutch. I'm glad I don't have much time to spend there, I'd be broke. Two ladies at Starbucks asked an employee how to find a calender on thier iphone. He pointed at me and said 'ask the lady there, she's using one'. Better than a compliment. Went to work at about 1:00, and wore really casual jeans and tee shirt, and new really blingy party pumps. LOL. -Celeste