PDA

View Full Version : All or nothing....

NikiMichelle
03-02-2013, 08:06 PM
My wife of 35 years is accepting of my CD'ing for which I am very gratefull.

My issue is I do not like her walking in on me when I am in the process of "slipping into something less comfortable" (my code word for dressing up). I feel very awkward and ashamed (yes those feelings still linger around in my mind) when I am only partly dressed. I am better than fine when I have completed my outfit. The same is for undressing as well.

Does anyone feel that way too?

Brooklyne dawn
03-02-2013, 08:12 PM
Yes. For dome reason i have trouble dressing around my fiance. I feel like i must look stupid snd dont wsnt her to see me. Yet she is very suportive.

socalcutie
03-02-2013, 08:17 PM
There are always a few awkward moments in between when I don't want to be seen. Remember though, she loves you! If you really don't want to be seen, talk to her about locking the door, or hanging your nylons on the doorknob or something ;)

Raychel
03-02-2013, 08:18 PM
My wife knows Raychel, But I really prefer that she doesn't see me mid change, ALthough she doesn't seem to mind, Just a hang up in my head.

Alberta_Pat
03-02-2013, 08:19 PM
It is very possible that she feels the same way. Give her some room and I think she will reciprocate.

Tara D. Rose
I'm the same way. I don't like for my wife to see me when I'm in the process of becoming Tara. But when I'm all done, then it's okay.
But strangely enough, when I'm getting out of that, I don't mind her seeing me in the halfway mode when it's from the other side of taking it all off.

Mikkigurll
I don't have much of an issue with that. My wife is totally O.K. with my dressing. She likes to lay my clothes out for me. She picks out my panties and bras for that day.

Angie G
03-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Not in the least. She has come into the room with me half dresses it's cool with both of us.After all we've been throuh in 45 years it's just not a big deal.:hugs:
Angie

Dannigirl
03-02-2013, 08:37 PM
Yup, you're not alone !! Mine could careless what I dress in or am wearing, it is me that is unaccepting of me

BLUE ORCHID
03-02-2013, 09:29 PM
Hi Niki, That guilt and shame thing is a tough nut to crack.

deebra
03-02-2013, 09:44 PM
Yes, because we are embarassed at the un-manly thing we are doing and society condems us as perverted for doing it , that is the mindset we've been taught. Want to know how to overcome it, just force yourself to push on through it and you both will get use to it and it'll just become routine, no big deal.

Badtranny
03-02-2013, 10:57 PM
You know, I don't read many threads in this section because most of what I would have to say would just be unnecessary and you girls should be allowed to get your groove on without being bothered by the likes of me, but this thread nearly made me cry. I said nearly so don't start thinking I'm getting soft or nuthin'.

If I had only ONE wish I would wish for all people to accept themselves for who they are. Life is precious and all too short to live so timidly.

NikiMichelle
03-03-2013, 01:52 AM
OK, it is not just me; now maybe a case of misery loves company but I appreciate the feedback...thanks especially "bad tranny"!

AmyGaleRT
03-03-2013, 02:18 AM
I wouldn't mind my fiancee seeing me transform into Amy. I just do it in the bathroom for convenience, and she's usually in the middle of something else anyway. I certainly don't mind her seeing me undressing, "deconstructing" Amy before bathing and preparing for bed.

- Amy

noeleena
03-03-2013, 03:11 AM
Hi,

Jos is the one who has lived wih me for 35 years as my partner as married,& wev known each other for over 39 years, there is nothing that would be of concern between us. till i had surgerys, & then for a few months did not wont to see myself because she was very unsure what to expect & see,

Thats all gone & past, it is Jos who has helped me in so many ways & yes with helping me to dress after my surgerys just not see me undressed. so long as my knickers were on it was okay.

since that time Jos is not bothered at all & still helps me when i need her to help.

I was never bothered if Jos or others =female = only, saw me undressed, & some wonted to see i surpose that would be the contrast of getting an understanding of how surgerys look afterwards , against some not wonting to know at all. & its the same with breast surgery's.

And why should we be ashamed of our bodys theres no reason at all. maybe the reason you's dont like being seen not fully dressed is a lack of self esteem or confidence in your self as a person.

I understand why i hated being around men because of being female , i did not like or wont men to see me undressed or with a low top showing my breasts, so i was allways covered up my excuse was i did not wont to get sunburn.

Even as a kid i was very self conscious of my body & how i looked,

...noeleena...

Cheryl T
03-03-2013, 08:09 AM
I felt like that for the first few times after I came out to my wife. Now when I'm dressing I'm just another girl doing so and she never bats an eyelash.

Jocelyn Quivers
03-03-2013, 08:33 AM
For some reason my wife seems to have a knack for comming in on me while I'm in between modes. As long as my wig is on I don't mind, and have grown to actually enjoy the process of getting dressed in front of her. It's when my wig or make up is not on and I look like a guy in dress that I feel awkward and will usually immediately go to the bathroom to look presentable. Maybe it's just growing pains and in another 5 years it will not bother me as much.

Stephanie Scott
03-03-2013, 09:20 AM
The first time I dressed for my wife to see, she came into the bathroom pre-wig and pre-makeup but I had some feminine finery on. I know I looked ridiculous. I know she laughed at me, and I'm sure it was an enduring image that haunts both of us to this day. She was a real trooper at first with my CDing but became unaccepting, so I haven't dressed for years out of respect for her. I can't help but to think that initial incident didn't help me in the long run, although I did dress in the house with some regularity once or twice a month for a few years. But when I did so, I tried to engage in the dressing "process" outside of her view. That initial image, however, certainly cemented the "abnormalcy" of it all to her.

Gillian Gigs
03-03-2013, 09:41 AM
This kind of makes me think about when I started wearing panties all of the time. It was obvious to my knowing wife that I was wearing them, they were in the laundry basket, but I didn't quite feel comfortable her seeing me only in them. Over time the "comfort zone" grew to the place it is now. Neither of us think twice about what I am wearing while around the house. Some people are just shy about those things, it might just take time, or maybe never change.

Beverley Sims
03-03-2013, 12:29 PM
Yes we all have our comfort zones and they vary widely.
For those starting out remember you have to cultivate your wife's comfort zone by not overwhelming her with your dressing.

Sandra
03-03-2013, 12:35 PM
How would you feel if your SO helped you to get ready? It can be a lot of fun and certainly breaks the ice.

NikiMichelle
03-03-2013, 04:12 PM
I think it is all my issue to deal with. While my wife doesn't say much about my dressing she does willingly go shopping with me and it is most often enjoyable for the two of us...she isn't a girly girl and really does like shopping; even for herself!

Kate Simmons
03-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Not really Hon. My GF has been there for the entire process. No biggie for either of is.:)

sandra-leigh
03-03-2013, 07:55 PM
My wife gets the angry-frown in her eyes when she sees me with a bra and no top, so of course that makes me feel uncomfortable. She wants me to go back to flat chested, which I definitely do not want (two years of HRT.)

I also tend to avoid her while I am choosing and putting on a dress; the mental processing affects her more than seeing me with it on. When I am putting it on, she gets hit with questions/thoughts about what am I becoming, why am I doing this, what is happening to her man, but when she sees me with it completely on it is easier for her to accept as... costume I guess.

SandraInHose
03-04-2013, 09:10 PM
Even though I have spent countless hours in front of her while wearing pantyhose, I still am uncomfortable when she walks in as I'm putting them on. I have no idea why that bothers me, but it does. She always will comment on how quickly I get them on and up, and usually will comment on how she is befuddled as to how I do not get more runs. Nothing negative in her tone, but I'd still prefer she didn't see me until they were fully on.

marny
03-04-2013, 09:23 PM
it's not like there is anything she hasn't seen.....but we all want private moments. i like to have a look before i present myself.

Laura28
03-04-2013, 09:51 PM
I feel the same way not sure why my wife is very accepting, she will lay out my stuff, we go shopping together, she has meen me fully dressed many times , but i always feel funny in front of her when i have make up and my forms on under a top or dress. I know she doesnt mind it but i cant help feeling she is dissapointed with me, we have discussed it numerous times and she is always reassuring me that it is me and not her who is uncomfortable with it. Yet i love to send her pictures of me all dressed in differnt outfits and get her feedback??? who knows why i feel that way but i do.