PDA

View Full Version : The Pink Question

Briana90802
03-02-2013, 09:25 PM
Would you wear pink while dresses as a man? Do you?

And why or why not?

JamieQ
03-02-2013, 09:30 PM
You mean wear pink male clothes while dressed as male? If thats what you mean, sure. Theres a guy in nursing class a semester ahead of me who almost always wears pink shirts. I think he still fits in as male...IMO. I just love those colours "for girls".

deebra
03-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Sure, like a shirt or tie, Donald Trump does it all the time. Just between us, if you're color coordinated you'll want to wear pink panties too.

Janie {3
03-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Most definately. Wear pink panties often.

AllieSF
03-02-2013, 09:59 PM
I have several shades of men's pink dress and sport shirts, plus a nice pink V-neck sweater, that I do wear quite often. Why? I like how they look on me and am not afraid to wear them.

Being Paige
03-02-2013, 10:06 PM
I have and do wear pink as a male. why not is my motto!

socalcutie
03-02-2013, 10:27 PM
I've definitely worn pink as a male and still do on occasion!

Taylor186
03-02-2013, 11:10 PM
I have a Land's End pink pinpoint buttondown dress shirt in regular rotation. It gets a lot of complements.

Rachel Morley
03-02-2013, 11:16 PM
I own a pink mens' button down shirt (which I rarely wear) but I do wear a plain women's pink tee under my hoodie often in boy mode.

Briana90802
03-02-2013, 11:58 PM
What about those guys in generation-Y? It seems like all the Boomers are answering.

Wildaboutheels
03-03-2013, 12:03 AM
Very odd timing on your Q. About 5 hours ago, ago my local Fox news posted a teaser for it's 2200 newscast. Something to the effect of "see who was attacked for having a pink poodle" and then quickly posted a pic of a large PINK poodle and then a man's face separately. Not sure if the man was the perp or the pup's owner.

Only in America.

Don't ever wear pink myself, regardless of "mode".

Xandra
03-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Sure I would; it's my favorite color.

Tracii G
03-03-2013, 12:09 AM
Had a pink top on yesterday in guy mode and hung out with my guy friends imagine that!!!

KarenS
03-03-2013, 12:48 AM
I have a button down and a pull over that are pink and don''t mind a bot wearing them in drab mode.

I will tell you also a little secret; When I underdress, my shirts are frequently color coordinated with my panties. So, I do tend to liek wearing my pink shirts.

Funny thing, I have no pink shirts for gurl mode.

AmyGaleRT
03-03-2013, 12:51 AM
I had a pink "United Colors of Benetton" T-shirt once, that I wore occasionally in male mode. Nobody said anything. I may see about getting a pink polo shirt for office wear...one of my male coworkers wears that color sometimes, so it wouldn't even be unique.

- Amy

phlover
03-03-2013, 01:24 AM
I have a light pink necktie with dots. I also have a light pink man's trunk panties. But they don't look feminine and I sometimes wear them.

Lynn Marie
03-03-2013, 01:42 AM
When ever I wear my pink western shirt, I get compliments from the ladies. They seem to think it takes a little testosterone to wear pink. LOL If they only knew!

Back in the 1950's pink and black was a popular color combination for the boys and the girls and even cars. To me, at this stage, I'd ask why you wouldn't wear pink? Maybe a real lack of testosterone!

Barbara Maria
03-03-2013, 02:24 AM
Absolutely. When I was in a band back in Milwaukee I had a pink sport jacket that I wore on stage all the time.It got to be a trademark.I got more compliments on that jacket than anything else!

edith
03-03-2013, 02:53 AM
What about those guys in generation-Y? It seems like all the Boomers are answering.

I'm 31 and have no issues at all wearing pink in guy mode, and not just because as a crossdresser I find traditional machoism boring and ridiculous. My sense is that pink has been reclaimed by men for the most part and it's not really seen as unmanly in general -- unless you're talking about pink skinny jeans or something.

Aylineira
03-03-2013, 03:32 AM
I'd wear pink but since my body size is not extremely masculine some may think of me the other way. This isn't so bad except that my wife already gets jealous when girls hit on me much less the guys lol.

Vickie_CDTV
03-03-2013, 04:52 AM
I'm gen-x (mid 30s) and no, I don't wear pink en drab (not sure if my generation has anything to do with it though.) I wear drab colors en drab, I don't want to draw any excess attention to myself when presenting male. That is just my personal preference, just for myself.

Billie1
03-03-2013, 05:15 AM
Sure, like a shirt or tie, Donald Trump does it all the time. Just between us, if you're color coordinated you'll want to wear pink panties too.

You're right! I do, and with pink toenails, too.

sometimes_miss
03-03-2013, 06:36 AM
I have a couple of pink button down dress shirts, one with pinstripes. A pink polo shirt with the little alligator on it. A pink silk tie. But that's it as far as men's attire goes, no pink socks, pants, or jackets.

Charlotte Haynes
03-03-2013, 06:49 AM
I wouldn't wear pink....I don't like pastel colours either...

Andrea Renea
03-03-2013, 07:08 AM
Sure! My wife bought me a nice pink Callaway golf shirt.

I wear it all the time to work. You won't believe the compliments I
get from the ladies at work.

I also own other shirts with pink in them.

stephNE
03-03-2013, 07:10 AM
Sure! I have a pink (mens) dress shirt and a tie that is predominately pink. And or course I have pink panties too!

Beverley Sims
03-03-2013, 12:40 PM
Wearing pink as a man makes me look too much like a dude.

blackmamba
03-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Absolutely, pink is hot!

Rachel05
03-05-2013, 03:05 AM
Yes for definite, I love pink as a colour and there are many mens items that come in pink

suzy1
03-05-2013, 03:38 AM
Where I live if I where to wear pink I would be laughed at. [In a good natured way]
So I don’t. It’s that simple.

Pink is for girls, blue is for boys. Didn’t your mommy teach you that?:straightface:

Cheryl T
03-05-2013, 03:40 AM
Of course, I have a hot pink t-shirt, a pink dress shirt and a reversible 3 season jacket that is pink and black. Nothing wrong with a little pink.

DanielleLee
03-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Gen X here... I have a pink A & F tee and a pink button down. I wear both often. The color looks good on me and pink is one of my favorite colors.

BLUE ORCHID
03-05-2013, 08:46 AM
Hi Briana, I have several pink shirts and ties and pink trouser socks to go with the outfits.

winny
03-05-2013, 09:18 AM
I love to wear pink.. and other "fem" colors like lavender, sky blue, etc.. pink is always first choice... Heck, i even carry around a pink zippered wallet..

Krististeph
03-05-2013, 09:32 AM
I have a few pink shirts- pastel pink pink button down- for the office. Pink t-shirts- guy cut, as to why: I like pink, and I think guys should be able to wear it like any other color. Hot pink is a good color for cycling- high visibility without that boring yellow green that i swear people are learning to ignore....

As a fashion statement- no. I'm not brave enough for that, in public. Lots of pink stuff for at home.

Maria S
03-05-2013, 09:40 AM
I never wear pink dresses while as a man. I might as a woman. Sorry could not resist that.

My male wardrobe is a bit sorry for itself at present but I see no reason why I would not buy a pink tie, jumper or polo/T-shirt.

Maria

ronda
03-05-2013, 09:41 AM
I have pink dress shirts and tee shirts that i wear all the time when i wear my pink panties Hugs Ronda

Daryl
03-05-2013, 09:46 AM
I have several things in pink. I wear my pink tee shirts quite often. Their v-neck with 3/4 sleeves. Also have a few shirts that are short sleeve
which I'll start wearing when the weather warms up. Don't own any male stuff in pink.

happy2cd
03-05-2013, 11:51 AM
I absolutely wear pink. Pink tie, pink button down or polo shirt-no problem. I would however be loathe to wear pink shorts or pants or socks while in male wear.

Angie G
03-05-2013, 12:02 PM
Yes I'd wear a pink mens dress shirt.:hugs:
Angie

alwayshave
03-05-2013, 12:11 PM
I wear pink all the time. I wear pink button down oxford shirts. I also wear pink polo shirts.

danielleinbr
03-05-2013, 12:15 PM
Yes, because certain shades of it compliment my skin tone. It all has to do with what works with your individual skin tone. I try not to rule out any colors until I try them on, whether dolled up or in drab. Solid colors, or patterns also make a huge difference. Okay, I will shut up now, starting to ramble, lol. Fashion and colors are meant to be fun, just remember that
Danielle :)

KatieGG
03-05-2013, 08:02 PM
I think we see more guys around my age group (18-25) wearing pink. A lot of guys I used to go to school with wore pink shirts, I remember one guy used to wear a pink shirt that said "keep laughing this is your girlfriend's shirt" lol
My husband has a pink studded belt, pink sunglasses that he wears everyday (think the big ones like Katy Perry wears) pink shoe laces on a pair of his DC's and a few shirts.

Marcia Blue
03-05-2013, 08:42 PM
I have worn pink button down and polo shirts since the eighties. My wife always said,
"It takes a real man to wear pink". This was before I came out to her. Now she chuckles when people ask, "How can a man wear pink"?

BOBBI G.
03-06-2013, 06:24 AM
Pink comes in many shades and hues. Yes, I wear pink in male mode, when I feel male. I own quite a few T's, polos, casual, and dress shirts that are pink or have pink in them.

Bobbi

linda allen
03-06-2013, 07:27 AM
I used to have (and wear) a couple pink dress shirts. What's the big deal. Go to a store, they are on the rack with all the other colors. They are not just for gay people.

Now wearing pink shirts every day might be a little wierd, but when I was working I had a couple dozen dress shirts of all colors and I rotated them.

JenniferMBlack
03-06-2013, 10:33 AM
I don't wear pink any time on the out side. Not because I think pink is girly but because it looks horrible on me. I look better in darker colors.

Stephanie47
03-06-2013, 12:54 PM
Before I retired part of my shirt wardrobe included pink shirts and other pastels. Sometimes the shirt and tie are the only available forms of self expression.

steftoday
03-06-2013, 01:08 PM
I have 2 pink Hilfiger button downs, and one Hilfiger polo in pink. I always get compliments when I wear them.

Nikki Rich
03-06-2013, 01:29 PM
Probably not, it had nothing to do with pink being a "girl" color. I just think I look good in all pink in male or female form. Purple is more my color.

Frédérique
03-06-2013, 04:49 PM
Would you wear pink while dressed as a man? Do you? And why or why not?

Yes, I wear pink whilst dressed as a male. I try to wear a little something pink at all times, even if it’s a pin, a single sock, or a paint stain. I have pink male shirts and pink sleepwear, too…

Speaking of paint, since I’m an artist (a painter) I can mix a lovely pink with ease. Just take some Alizarin Crimson, or Quinacridone Red, or Quinacridone Magenta, add a little white to it, and VOILA! Pink makes me smile, because I KNOW there’s a lot of people out there who drift in and out of the pink fog on occasion. Can you see me? I’m over here, wearing my tell-tale pink dress…
:wave:

NicoleScott
03-06-2013, 05:41 PM
Yes. In high school, oxford-cloth, button-down collar shirts were very popular, in baby blue, yellow, and pink, too. Nobody hinted that it was too feminine. And, we wore Adler socks to match our shirts: pink shirt, pink socks. The colors I wear in femme mode are pretty limited by my preferences, but I'll wear any colors in guy mode.

Ryan01
03-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Unfortunately I have to say no. I love love love pink but I live in a college town and it's a big stereotype around here that guys that wear pink are frat boys. Not saying that there is anything wrong with frat boys but I don't wanna portrait one.

Starr
03-06-2013, 10:56 PM
i have no problem with pink in either mode.. i use to wear a pink dress shirt with with black tie and white sport coat... black slacks.. now i wear hot pink shorts with a white top...lol

Bonnie84
03-08-2013, 05:18 PM
This is an interesting question.

I'd have too say I'm one of the few who doesn't wear pink in guy mode. I'm just not a fan of it. Some guys wear it well. Personally I look better in darker colors...blacks greys reds blues....

Don't get me wrong though I still wear pink panties and toenail polish and would love to find a pair of pink pumps

Kelli<3
03-08-2013, 06:24 PM
I like pink and have no problem with pink shirts. I like pastel colors in general. Love pastel blue. I'm in my early 30s if that matters. Only pink I don't have the guts to wear that I like are the pink Converse Chuck Taylors.

My toenails are pink right now in guy mode if that counts.

Eryn
03-08-2013, 06:46 PM
I try not to push it too hard in drab, but I can't resist a few pink highlights on the athletic shoes I wear to work.

Xenia
03-08-2013, 09:24 PM
Only pink I don't have the guts to wear that I like are the pink Converse Chuck Taylors.

Ha, funny you should mention that. I've got several pairs of Chuck Taylors in various colors, but the ones I get the most use out of are the hot pink ones. They draw a lot of compliments....but then, so do the purple, orange, lime green, and chartreuse ones. They're fun shoes. :)

As for the OP's question, I wear pink fairly regularly. I've got a job that requires a shirt and tie every day, and since I can't stand monotony, I've got shirts in just about every color you can imagine, including about a half-dozen in the pink-to-magenta range. Colors are fun!