PDA

View Full Version : Wearing womens shoes as a guy

Tracii G
03-03-2013, 12:32 AM
Its been a long time since I actually wore guys shoes.
I know some here wear them and some think if they wore them in guy mode the world will end LOL
Yesterday I hung out at a friends shop all day in a pink gender neutral top girls jeans and girls ankle boots not out of the ordinary for me anyway I think they are used to me by now.
One of my friends asked me where did you get those boots?
He said he wanted a pair of short stylish ankle boots that were comfy.
I showed him the rest of the boot under my jeans.
He said those are pretty cool are they comfortable?
Sure are I think you would like them.
Maybe he is a CD or just not homophobic LOL.

STACY B
03-03-2013, 12:35 AM
I'm the same way ,,I NEVER wear male shoes any more ,, Sneakers or casual shoes even got girl work boots in case I need them ,,lol,,, It gets to be normal after awhile . People don't even notice or at least they never say any thing ,,lol,,, But who cares any way a little to late to stop now !

Jamie001
03-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Whenever I'm not at work my feet are always in women's sandals (either high, mid, or low heel) and my toenails are always painted Fire Engine Red. It is part of my normal feminine male presentation. I also usually wear capri pants and carry a women's purse and wallet. Basically I'm the opposite of a Tomboy. I get a lot of compliments on my choice of shoes from women. Men pretty much ignore it, maybe because whey would like to have the courage to wear women's shoes but are afraid.

Tracii G
03-03-2013, 12:47 AM
I'm the same way ,,I NEVER wear male shoes any more ,, Sneakers or casual shoes even got girl work boots in case I need them ,,lol,,, It gets to be normal after awhile . People don't even notice or at least they never say any thing ,,lol,,, But who cares any way a little to late to stop now !

I think guys just don't notice most of the time but women always look at your shoes.LOL

NathalieX66
03-03-2013, 12:51 AM
I'm not a full time out & abouter, but I do wear my trusty black riding boots with jeans when I go out anywhere.....womens' tops and all. I do dresses too. I generally present as female. It's just not the fancy outfits you'd expect.

Tracii G
03-03-2013, 12:54 AM
Nathalie I'm as about as casual is one can get most all the time.
Get dolled up every now and then when the urge hits me.

STACY B
03-03-2013, 12:56 AM
I'm not a full time out & abouter, but I do wear my trusty black riding boots with jeans when I go out anywhere.....womens' tops and all. I do dresses too. I generally present as female. It's just not the fancy outfits you'd expect.

I hear ya !! Here is the deal ,,An I think I speak for me an Tracy ,,We are LAZY ,, An we don't want to go the distance with all the Hard stuff all the time . So I just go like Tracy does an we call it 3/4 . Not man or all woman just more woman than man ? If that makes any sense ? lol,,,,

Tracii G
03-03-2013, 01:01 AM
50/50 or 3/4 every day never 100% guy clothes.

STACY B
03-03-2013, 01:05 AM
NEVER in a LONG TIME for me too . Hell I wouldn't know how to act ,, As a matter of fact I don't know if I could pull it off without a trip to the store ?
I don't think I have all the ingredience to handle that request ? CRAZY TALK !!

NathalieX66
03-03-2013, 01:07 AM

I agree.

So far I have never gotten beatened with a baseball bat , or had nasty epithets yelled at me. I've been treated wonderful by practically everyone I've encountered.

Wildaboutheels
03-03-2013, 01:09 AM
Traci, apparently you folks in Kentucky missed the memo? The one that says "it is not only only your duty, but your obligation as a citizen of this country to, while out in public, be ever vigilant for men wearing women's shoes and to announce at the top of your lungs, "THAT MAN IS WEARING WOMEN's SHOES". These CDers are every bit as big a threat to this country as terrorists. If we make others aware, they can be ready to defend themselves".

In ten years, I have yet to encounter even one person who cares.

STACY B
03-03-2013, 01:14 AM
I agree.

So far I have never gotten beatened with a baseball bat , or had nasty epithets yelled at me
. I've been treated wonderful by practically everyone I've encountered.

When they do say something here is my REAL ANSWERS that I really have used .
Like this one being a smart ass a girl said I love your shoes ,,I said thanks they were on the clearance rack ,,You beleave that ?
Hey are those girl shoes you have on ? STOP !!

Hey those look like girl shoes ? Yep an you can't have them .
You look like you have on womans shoes ? NOPE I don't look like I do I do !

Those shoes sure look kinda girly ?
I know don't ya jus love um ? All most never found them in my size .

I could go on for DAYS !! But I won't ,, Just slipped in a few ,,,lol,,,

whowhatwhen
03-03-2013, 02:15 AM
I wear women's runners all the time and so far the only comment I've gotten was on how white they are. (were, THANKS WINTER!)

Lorileah
03-03-2013, 02:33 AM

Me too. Well sorta, when I work on plumbing or something dirty I might wear 100% male

Aylineira
03-03-2013, 03:39 AM
I've worn my heels and stockings while being fully in male clothes a few times. Of course, I was wearing jeans but it's not like they covered them all of the way or anything. Nobody even noticed... or at least nobody said anything.

stephNE
03-03-2013, 07:23 AM
A while back I stopped in a Payless Shoes. There was an SA working at the register waiting on another customer. I went on back to my size area and picked out a couple pairs. The SA came down the aisle and asked "Do you know these are womens shoes?" So I told her yes, I know. I sat on a bench, pulled off my shoes and started to try on the shoes. She asked "Would you like a pair of footies to try them on?" - I think she was trying to be funny. I said "No thanks I have on hose". She looked down at my feet, back to my face, feet, face, and walked away bewildered. I bought the shoes, nothing special black pumps, 2" heel, she never said a word at the register.

Raychel
03-03-2013, 07:28 AM
Guy shoes for me in guy mode and girl shoes for me only when I get to dressup.
The only girl shoes that I have are heels, and one pair of flats, Sure would not work very well to be
working in heels.

BLUE ORCHID
03-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Hi Tracii, The only guys that look at shoes are probably Crossdressers anyway.

BLUE ORCHID
03-03-2013, 07:42 AM
A while back I stopped in a Payless Shoes. There was an SA working at the register waiting on another customer. I went on back to my size area and picked out a couple pairs. The SA came down the aisle and asked "Do you know these are womens shoes?" So I told her yes, I know. I sat on a bench, pulled off my shoes and started to try on the shoes. She asked "Would you like a pair of footies to try them on?" - I think she was trying to be funny. I said "No thanks I have on hose". She looked down at my feet, back to my face, feet, face, and walked away bewildered. I bought the shoes, nothing special black pumps, 2" heel, she never said a word at the register.

Hi Steph, That's funny, One time I was in Payless and got a pair of mens black Loafers and a pair of black 4" stilettos and the girl at the register says,
This is the first time that I've ever seen me buy mens shoes, And I just said one pair for work and one pair for play,
We both had a good laugh and I never did tell her was which was which.

JamieQ
03-03-2013, 07:44 AM
I wear womens tennis shoes all the time. I have two pr. Is that still what they are called, or running shoes? Anyway I told some co workers I got a good deal on a new pair of white with bluish shoes at a Hosparus shop. I got home and realized that they were womens when I looked at the size 11 on them. I wear size 8 1/2 - 9 or so in mens.They said if I would not have told them, that they would not have ever known, and they said "hey! what a deal!"...

Cheryl T
03-03-2013, 08:07 AM
My only guy shoes are the work shoes and boots I wear to go with my uniform. Other than that I have a pair of ratty ones that I wear for yard work (darned if I'm gonna get my nice ones muddy).

flatlander_48
03-03-2013, 08:07 AM
Something the Church Lady would wear... (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?67495-I-went-shopping-and-guess-what-I-got!!&p=3043965&viewfull=1#post3043965)

I've been wearing these from Easy Spirit at least once a week since last June. If anyone has noticed, they haven't said anything yet...

JamieQ
03-03-2013, 08:10 AM
Something the Church Lady would wear... (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?67495-I-went-shopping-and-guess-what-I-got!!&p=3043965&viewfull=1#post3043965)

I've been wearing these from Easy Spirt at least once a week since last June. If anyone has noticed, they haven't said anything yet...

Yeah, thats what I got! I did not feel like getting up to check the name when I was posting. They were brand-new, never worn for $3!

Paula DAngelo
03-03-2013, 09:07 AM
I've got a pair of brown ankle boots that I wear no matter how I'm dressed. Only 1 person has ever noticed and they said they weren't sure if I was male or female due to my feminine look which I think is amazing since I was presenting as male at the time (at least mainly male ... lol).

JenniferMBlack
03-03-2013, 09:10 AM
I wish I had more girls shoes. Hard to find any in my size, even harder to find some that aren't strippers shoes and harder still to find any kind of sneeker. Especially without paying too much for them, the curse of big feet.

Jennifer in CO
03-03-2013, 09:18 AM
been wearing nothing but womens shoes for years. I have an extremely narrow (AAA) foot. I found years ago that a mans loafer that fit my narrow foot cost me a minimum $100 whereas a womans loafer cost me $25. It isn't hard to find a "gender-neutral" womans loafer in a standard or narrow width. I was in a Payless several years ago and the SA noticed me trying on a shoe. She walked up and as others have said pointed out that I was in the womens shoes. I just told her about a narrow foot ya-de-ya-da and she smiled and said her son had a very narrow foot and got him doing the same thing about a year ago. She said it cut her shoe costs for him to a quarter of what they were!

Brenn
03-03-2013, 11:30 AM
I wear women's shoes almost all the time. Even with my suit I usually wear a pair of women's penny loafers. The last few years I have become a big fan of Skechers. I have several styles of their "sporty" mary-janes that I wear almost all the time when I'm not working (may favorite pair are in my avatar). Women will occasionally glance down at my feet and linger, but I have never had a negative experience, and no one has even asked about it. I also have a couple of par of ballet flats that I wear around the house and occasionally out. I don't even think twice about it anymore, they are just "my shoes."

bridget thronton
03-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Women's shoes all the time

Beverley Sims
03-03-2013, 11:53 AM
Regularly wear ankle boots and sandals that are womens footwear.
Even a pair of flats to work sometimes.

Rachel Morley
03-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Count me in on this. I never wear 100% guy clothes no matter where I am going. As far as shoes goes, I own one pair of mens' dress shoes that a person might wear with a suit, except that I don't own a suit. I never wear them. Most of the time I wear women's tennis shoes. At work they are less girly ones but outside if work I wear a white pair that has pink accents. I also have a pair of navy Keds (https://www.google.com/search?q=navy+Keds&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=c50zUZGdIcaZiAK_uIGIBA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=682), a pair of black ankle boots with a 2" heel, and a pair of black Saltwater sandals (https://www.google.com/search?q=navy+Keds&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=c50zUZGdIcaZiAK_uIGIBA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=682#hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=black+Saltwater+sandals&oq=black+Saltwater+sandals&gs_l=img.3..0.73941.73941.0.75211.1.1.0.0.0.0.103. 103.0j1.1.0...0.0...1c.1.5.img.28AdkRQItGc&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43148975,d.cGE&fp=bf6d17ba9875401f&biw=1280&bih=682).

Tracii G
03-03-2013, 02:06 PM
Brenn well put "my shoes".
Rachel I love the navy Keds too.

Lorileah
03-03-2013, 02:39 PM

she must have been the new kid on the blockl

Daryl
03-03-2013, 02:46 PM
I threw away my guy boots when I retired. All I wear now is my female boots with flat heels or athletic walking shoes during the day.
When I change out later on in the day it's time for heels or flats.

Cassandra Lynn
03-03-2013, 03:07 PM

Ditto here, and i been slowly migrating to wearing mostly women's shoes.

Just took a new job in the electronics industry and the since i won't be working outdoors and getting dirty anymore i just bought a new pair of ladies Sketchers.

They're fairly andro and the last thing i think will be noticed.
Once it's fully warmed up for spring and summer i'll be getting my ladies sandals out i got last year, they too are rather unadorned for being women's, but have gotten a few long looks from eagle-eyed cis-women.

Your right tho, most folks (cept for said sharp-eyed GGs) don't notice footwear that aren't high heels. I get more looks at my shaped brows, mascara, earrings and such.

Mikkigurll
03-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Guy shoes for me in guy mode and girl shoes for me only when I get to dressup.
The only girl shoes that I have are heels, and one pair of flats, Sure would not work very well to be
working in heels.
Same here. But, I have worn the flats while dressed in drab.

Emma Beth
03-03-2013, 03:53 PM
wbdavid,
I'm in the same boat as you. It's hard for me to find women's shoes I like in my size at all, even online. I wear a size 11 men's, which makes finding size 13 ladies difficult at best for me. At least ones that are in stock that is. I look forward to getting my first few pairs of shoes.

Ericaxd
03-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Wait, a bunch of you shop at Payless, and they never blink! I buy from them online, never had the courage to just walk in. No one has a problem?

whowhatwhen
03-03-2013, 04:25 PM
Wait, a bunch of you shop at Payless, and they never blink! I buy from them online, never had the courage to just walk in. No one has a problem?

I walked in, asked to know my size in women's shoes, the SA took me to a foot measure thingy and that was that.
I picked out my runners, paid for them, changed into them, and left.

Brenn
03-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Ditto here, and i been slowly migrating to wearing mostly women's shoes.

Just took a new job in the electronics industry and the since i won't be working outdoors and getting dirty anymore i just bought a new pair of ladies Sketchers.

They're fairly andro and the last thing i think will be noticed.

I used to love Keds for an androgynous look. While I still have several pair of Keds, I really do like Skechers and many styles are androgynous enough, but most women probably know the difference.

Diana1469
03-03-2013, 05:14 PM
I have lots of Women's shoes and boots. The trend in 'riding boots' for women has helped a lot as I can wear them all the time without anyone noticing since they have low heels. I wear women's athletic shoes in warm weather. I wear size 11 women's and thank goodness there are more and more styles becoming available in the larger sizes. I have shopped mostly online but have shopped at Payless without a problem. I love boots and pumps. I don't have many men's shoes left anymore.

Jennifer Kelly
03-03-2013, 05:50 PM
I only wear women's shoes when I get dressed up. The fact that I'm a size 15 pretty much precludes me walking into Payless for a pair of women's sneakers or running shoes unfortunately. And every online shoe retailer I've seen that sells shoes giant enough to fit me pretty much only sells heels or boots in that range. I'm having problems even finding a pair of dressy flats that fit much less anything more casual.

suchacutie
03-03-2013, 06:16 PM
I have a long list of shoes from Payless and the only thing an SA has ever tried to do is to get me to buy more of them!

Eryn
03-03-2013, 07:06 PM
I have a wide variety of shoes and, if memory serves, four pair are men's. They all date from before I understood myself.

My normal day shoes are women's tennis shoes (trainers in the UK) There is no rational reason for this except I like the prettier colors available on the women's rack. I get most of them from the clearance racks at DSW, never paying more than $30 for New Balance, Adidas, and Avias. I rotate through four or five pairs in daily wear.

I wouldn't try to wear any of my women's non-athletic shoes or boots in guy mode. They are all just a bit too femme and, frankly, not as comfortable for everyday wear. I have a lot of respect for women who wear heels, even low heels, as work shoes.

JenniferMBlack
03-03-2013, 08:21 PM
wbdavid,
I'm in the same boat as you. It's hard for me to find women's shoes I like in my size at all, even online. I wear a size 11 men's, which makes finding size 13 ladies difficult at best for me. At least ones that are in stock that is. I look forward to getting my first few pairs of shoes.

I wear 12 or 13 mens so 14 or 15 womens, almost non existent except the hooker shoes which is ok for home but out it really is no good.

Jenny Gurl
03-03-2013, 09:17 PM
I wear them all the time at home. My wedges are so comfortable and easy to slip on and off. I have become very comfortable wearing these type shoes and they feel completely natural. I slip them off at the last minute before going to work. I now carry an extra pair of shoes and socks in my vehicle just in case I get distracted and wear them to work by accident. This almost happened to me once and I noticed when I was pulling out of my driveway. Glad I caught myself, it would have been really hard to explain my 2 in wedges at work with the french tip painted toenails. :heehee: I don't wear them out, maybe some day I will give it a try. Mens and Womens sandals aren't much different.

Sometimes Steffi
03-03-2013, 09:18 PM
I found these men's "sneakers" that are white with pink, lavender and tourquoise. I exchanged the white laces for pink, and voila, girl's shoes. I only wear them in girl mode, and I have gotten a lot of complements on them from GGs. Once, I got a complement on them from a GG, and I told her that they were really men's shoes. She said some women would kill for shoes like that (maybe, even her?).

dawnk
03-03-2013, 09:58 PM
I only recently found a site that sells affordable (non street walker) boots in my size (14 or 15 depending) and I've worn them out a few times, but standard mens tennis shoes for work. There aren't too many styles I like in my size yet, but thankfully, they are starting to turn up. I've bought a pair of wedges and flats that I wear around the house. And sometimes, I'll put on a pair of heels just because I like picking my foot up and twisting in on the heel while surfing the web or watching the television.

Johnna.James
03-03-2013, 10:17 PM
wbdavid,

Try looking at Avenue.com I have the same size foot and found a few nice pairs of shoes from them and reasonable too.

vetobob9
03-03-2013, 10:39 PM
How do you figure out your size?

Jodi Anne
03-03-2013, 10:57 PM
I have been wearing womans shoes lately, I only have two pairs of guy shoes and tons of womens, I like a 1" heel that I have been wearing it a lot, today at Bed Bath & Beyond some lady said "nice heels" I think she was being a smart *** but I said thanks and smiled. Most people do not even notice my nails much less my shoes, so I like that way.
I have asked my wife to remind me not to cut the yard in them get out the old crappy guy shoes.
I am a size 11 in both guys & fem most stores have up to size 11 and payless is starting to carry up to 13 here in Central Florida. Go try them on to see if they fit, yea it was hard the first time in drab but they will not throw you out.

lingerieLiz
03-03-2013, 10:58 PM
Most of the time I wear women's, but sometimes you just have to wear men's.

toering63
03-04-2013, 07:07 AM
I wear bass sharon sandals in guy mode. The only time anyone said anything was when I was wearing my white ones. Everyone is used to seeing my polished toes.

linda allen
03-04-2013, 07:50 AM
i've never had a problem at Payless. Any store that carries size 13 in women's shoes is bound to have some crossdressers shopping there.

If the SA asks if you need help, be honest, say "no" or say "yes" and let her/him help you. They are selling shoes, theyre not reporting to God every time they encounter a crossdresser.

Allison Chaynes
03-05-2013, 12:11 AM
Never had an issue at Payless.

Tracii G
03-05-2013, 12:24 AM
G&B,DSW,Payless I shop all of them when they have sales.
Nice to land a $125.00 pair of boots for $30.00 IMO.
The SA's don't really care if you are a guy in the women's section.
I did have one say the men's shoes are over there and I said yeah I know but all the really cute shoes are over here.
Was looking for a pair of Birkenstock (Boston style) in the guy section and all the colors they had were blue or black and I wanted light or dark brown.
The SA said we have those colors in the women's section if you want to try over there, so she took me over there and I found the brown color I wanted.
She agreed the guy color choice sucked and the girls version was cuter on me.(small feet)LOL.