PDA

View Full Version : Daily Crossdressing on the TV Show Truth or Consequences

Robbiegirl
03-03-2013, 09:50 AM
I am new to posting on this forum even though I have lurked for years. Still way in the closet. I hope this post is new and entertaining. If not sorry.

This was the most succesful Game show ever done and ran DAILY for 20 years from 1956 - 1976, hosted by Bob Barker, who later went on to The Price is Right Fame !

What made this show unique was that the show opened everytime panning the live studio audience of over 300 people of which 70% were usually women. Anytime people went to Hollywood on Vacation they tried to get into the studio audience because thats where the contestants were chosen from. Anyway everytime the show started when they panned the audience they were all laughing Histerically espcially the women. But they would never show what they did to get the audience so worked up. People were always talking about it and wondering. Well one of my mothers Girlfriends, Ann went down to see the show live and we all couldn't wait to hear her story. So in front of my mother, Father and two sisters she proceeded to tell us in great detail that her favorite part of the show was the opening that was never shown on TV.

When the curtins opened two men from the studio audience were on the stage in robes accompanied by the pretty display models (picture Vanna White), with suitcases in front of them. The audience was told that the fastest one to get dressed would get $100 and the other $50 When the horn was blown the men took off their robes to reveal they were in white briefs that looked more feminine than masculine. When the suitcases were oped by the models it became clear to everyone that they were filled with beautiful Feminine clothing. Starting from the top with the minimal help and guidence from the models the men raced to put on Lacy Stuffed Bras, squeezed into Panty Girdles ( my mom's girlfriend Ann's favorite part) put on stockings and attached them to the garters, stepped into a beautiful silky & lacy Full Slip, put on heels, stepped into and were zipped into a feminine dress, put on a Jackie O type hat and had to grab a purse and walk to the other end of the stage. Ann said it took all of about 4 minutes but was the funniest thing her and her girlfriend had ever seen, she said it was so fun to see men have to put on and wear women's things! My sisters and mom thought it was terribly funny and loved the story, my dad and I were not as convinced. Our reaction was noted by mom and for several minutes the ladies attempted to get us to try the "The Suitcase Race" But my dad would not go for it. So everytime I watched the show I wondered if they used that skit ever again ?

Years later some UCLA Frat guys I knew had just come from the show, and as it turned out one of their budies did the suit case race, so clearly they were still doing it. According to them it was far worse than he expected. It had kind of changed with womens fashions. When he de-robed he was clearly wearing womens pink panties, and the bra was a very very lacy matching pink along with all the silp and girdle he was forced to wear !

I recently read an interview with Bob Barker in which I fould out they did this same skit every show and he said it always worked and the woman espcially loved it!

At 200 shows a year for 20 years - thats 4,000 shows. 2 Guys - 8,000 guys were helped to dress in embarassing Feminine lingerie and dresses live in front of approximately 800,000 Laughing Women ! And if you consider how many of these woman had the best laugh of their lives, proabaly at a minimum 15% of them, that another 100,000, talked their men at home into putting on things like panties, bras, stocking and slips so they could have another great laugh.

Just in case you didn't know

Here is what the opening looked like everyday

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A0S00MnLeSZRBnsALZT7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBvcT Jzcm5xBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDVjEzMQ--?p=BOB+BARKER+GAME+SHOW+TRUTH+OR&vid=b44c45e26bca8d3ba972d0aaac1c0320&l=9%3A54&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DV.46 52949445869792%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5u GaEbIifj8&tit=Truth+or+Consequences-+1966+Part+1&c=0&sigr=11ag6t98c&fr=yfp-t-900&tt=b

Julia Welch
03-03-2013, 09:59 AM
I'd like to see that video on the history channel ;)

Robbiegirl
03-03-2013, 10:11 AM
Here is the only clip I could find on the opening laughter of the show

http://video.search.yahoo.com/video/play;_ylt=A0S00MnLeSZRBnsALZT7w8QF;_ylu=X3oDMTBvcT Jzcm5xBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDdmlkBHZ0aWQDVjEzMQ--?p=BOB+BARKER+GAME+SHOW+TRUTH+OR&vid=b44c45e26bca8d3ba972d0aaac1c0320&l=9%3A54&turl=http%3A%2F%2Fts1.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3Fid%3DV.46 52949445869792%26pid%3D15.1&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D5u GaEbIifj8&tit=Truth+or+Consequences-+1966+Part+1&c=0&sigr=11ag6t98c&fr=yfp-t-900&tt=b

Tara D. Rose
03-03-2013, 10:39 AM
I remember that show very well. I loved watching it and all of the things they made people do for great family entertainment.

Beverley Sims
03-03-2013, 12:11 PM
The statistics you quoted made for interesting reading.
The warmup for a lot of shows was always very good and some have survived in archives of TV networks.

socalcutie
03-03-2013, 12:23 PM
I don't know whether to be awed, amused, or offended... I think a little of all three. Excellent report, Robbiegirl

Robbiegirl
03-03-2013, 01:06 PM
All 3 socalcutie ! It was filmed in LA you could have done the suitcase race ! What I find intersting is that as funny as it was to the audience that they found the whole thing too wierd to show on TV !

docrobbysherry
03-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Statistically, at least 6% of those 8,000 were/are CD's. That's nearly 500. So, a few of u must be lurking here!:straightface:

Fess up and tell us if that's when and how u began dressing!?:heehee:

Cheryl T
03-03-2013, 05:51 PM
Just a note...it was not the most successful game show.
I do believe that award goes to Jeopardy which began on TV March 30, 1964 and various iterations until the current show with Alex Trebek began nighttime September 10, 1984. Therefore the show has been on air nearly continuously for nearly 50 years and in it's current configuration it just began it's 29th season last September.

I don't recall any CD's on Jeopardy, but there is still time...