PDA

View Full Version : revolutionary thought

nhlighthouse
03-04-2013, 08:29 AM
Why was it OK and accepted over 385 years ago for men in our society in a leadership role and everyday life to be dressed in frilly shirts, platform shoes,wearing a powered wig and whatever was underneath those clothes? I strongly feel and hope others would feel the same as me after reading my view point.
I feel that the distancing of wearing the frills and other garb that went along with has created a more hostile male being with more aggression, wars and disagreements and unwilling to compromise with other male causing more wars and terror amongst nation.
I really believe that the wearing of a softer and smoother undergarment does sooth the beast within and could change society and start a revolution of economic stimus (pardon the pun) in getting economies going again along with a more gentler and peaceful earth. Using more earth based natural materials instead of oil based products would be step in the right direction...GO GREEN!

NicoleScott
03-04-2013, 08:39 AM
Using more earth based natural materials instead of oil based products would be step in the right direction...GO GREEN!

So, can we assume you will be replacing your gas-guzzling Corvette with a "greener" transportation?

Kate Simmons
03-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Basically sounds like a good idea Hon. Now you just have to convince 7 billion other people of that.:)

Megan72
03-04-2013, 08:42 AM
Sorry nhlighthouse but somehow I don't think that General Cornwallis or King George, King Louis XVI or The Czar of Russia would have fit into this perception very well, they all wore very frilly things and although they were more say, gentlemanly they were all pretty darn brutish.

andrea lace
03-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Really I am sure the thousands of slaves and starving people of those days would beg to differ. yes the male fashions were very different back then but so were attitudes towards human rights in civilized countries back then the USA and the UK were among the worst.

nhlighthouse
03-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Nicolle Scott ...OUCH! that hurt ...No just might make it solar powered!

Megan I was referring to our founding fathers! Life here in America.;)

Jenniferathome
03-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Man has fought in every state of dress throughout the history of mankind. The revolutionary war was started by those very men in frilly shirts and powered wigs. Conquistadors destroyed cultures thousands of years old in pantaloons and frilly shirts. The crusades were started by Popes in robes and carried out by knights and soldiers in tunics. There is no logic to your thesis.

Beverley Sims
03-04-2013, 11:11 AM
Earth based natural materials.
What is artificial about oil.

It's ok I get your point.

Wildaboutheels
03-04-2013, 11:46 AM
The simple answer is that MAN has finally figured out - after alllllll these thousands of years - that the clothes he wears/how he chooses to present his OUTSIDE image are not likely to help him "bed more females" and produce more wittle kids which is HIS prime directive. Few women care much about the external appearance of men and no amount of teeth nashing and whining is going to change it. MOST men are sharp enough not to waste a lot ot money, time and effort on their APPEARANCE.

Females DO "profit immensley" by doing everything they can to improve their outward appearance which gives them the POWER to select from more men to fullfill their own Animal Instinct. When women "crossdress" [as so many here claim] they are CHOOSING to temporarily not "display" their bodies to men. It's their choice because THEY are the ones with the cookies. Not sure how many fish a hooker might land if she was dressed in a man's suit?

If one is really looking to help save the planet they can go "commando" and ride a bicycle.

PrincessLuLu
03-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Man has fought in every state of dress throughout the history of mankind. The revolutionary war was started by those very men in frilly shirts and powered wigs. Conquistadors destroyed cultures thousands of years old in pantaloons and frilly shirts. The crusades were started by Popes in robes and carried out by knights and soldiers in tunics. There is no logic to your thesis.

Agreed. It's not about the frilliness of the panties, it's about the RAGING HORMONAL CRAVING FOR DOMINATION that courses through the things within the panties.

-offtopicness-

Few women care much about the external appearance of men

Disagree. A woman's animal instinct would more likely choose the better dressed/better groomed man for a mate over a sloppily dressed/unkempt man. -end offtopicness-

GroovyChristy
03-04-2013, 12:08 PM
Fashion changes with the wind and has always done so. Likewise, men have always been causing wars and all sorts of terrible things. There is really nothing new under the sun. The really revolutionary thing is to be who you are without apology, and to accept others, always keeping an open mind. And I need not say, of course, that all of this should only apply if no harm is being done to oneself or others.

Lorileah
03-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Few women care much about the external appearance of men Seems then that the women who do care about external appearances are all married or dating the CD's here :)

Females DO "profit immensley" by doing everything they can to improve their outward appearance and so do men. Try getting an executive job (in any field not computer related) wearing surfer shorts and flip flops. Or even jeans.

Amy Fakley
03-04-2013, 12:09 PM
Why was it OK and accepted over 385 years ago for men in our society in a leadership role and everyday life to be dressed in frilly shirts, platform shoes,wearing a powered wig and whatever was underneath those clothes?

Because those things were symbols of wealth and power at the time. Privileged women wore them too, for the same reason. They were not gender differentiators, as they are today.

Clothes are most times, just a symbol that people use to try and advertise what's inside. You could dress Attila the Hun in silk skirts, stockings and high-heels all you want ... the only way he'd choose them on his own would be if those things were culturally a symbol of what he wanted to convey to others (or perhaps to reinforce aspects of himself that he likes seeing) ... which being Attila the Hun would probably be stuff to do with ruthless strength and domination.

Which is what powdered wigs and platform shoes were about for males in the time period you're talking about. If you think they didn't have plenty of bloody wars and environmental pillaging and destruction back then ... well ... they did, LOL :-)

NicoleScott
03-04-2013, 01:05 PM
Nicolle Scott ...OUCH! that hurt ...No just might make it solar powered!

Corvettes are sexy cars, and always turn heads. A solar-powered Corvette? Now, that would turn some heads. Only not nearly as fast. haha

Taylor186
03-04-2013, 01:18 PM
revolutionary thought ?

Not really.

1. Go ahead a dress like a 1620s Pilgrim if you want. It won't fill my need to crossdress and I doubt if it would satisfy many here. Don't forget the beard, it was an integral part of the fashion.

http://www.shpect.org/plugins/content/jumultithumb/Li4vLi4vLi4vL2ltYWdlcy9zdG9yaWVzL2Nvc3R1bTAwMDAyL2 ltYWdlMDI4LmpwZyZhbXA7dz00MDAmYW1wO2g9NDAwJmFtcDtx PTkwJmFtcDt6Yz0w.jpg

2. Men have always been aggressive, always. Clothes play no part in it. The only thing that's changed in the last 3,000 to 4,000 years of warring is the armament.

3. Crossdressing only soothes crossdressers.

nhlighthouse
03-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Hey Jenn...next time could please just stay on the surface wow you totaly EXPLODED! Give me a break!

nhlighthouse
03-05-2013, 09:17 PM
NicoleScott...to follow thru on your post...driving any car is like dating a girl or guy...you will never know "What's under the Hood" unless you lift the hood!...
it is the style of the vette that"Turns Heads"!

Leah Lynn
03-05-2013, 09:32 PM
During the Renaissance there were Sumptuary Laws; one would be sent to prison for dressing above one's station. Yes, there were "Fashion Police" back then.

Leah

Alyla
03-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Well it has been said before, clothes don't make the man or woman, it's all in your attitude. *winks*
Alyla,
ful of peace, love, and contentment

sonna
03-05-2013, 10:26 PM
i think you must destroy it before you can rebuild it..... better

socalcutie
03-05-2013, 11:00 PM
It was okay because then those men were dressed in masculine attire of the time. They wore feminine attire by today's standards, but by no means did they dress feminine by their own standards, sadly.

noeleena
03-06-2013, 04:39 AM
Hi,

Im a member of our SCA ,Renaissance group with well over 250 members . & we meet once a year for our week together , just gone Jan Feb our men do dress in skirts tops & dress's, & look pretty good, yet still can do heavy armory & belt each other pretty hard enough to limp off the field .

They are strong & have to be to carry / wear the heavy garb. helmits swords & all.
Now i tryed to lift the mall & helmit let alone wear it, im strong & no way could i.

yes im a woman, & strong just not like these men. im a builder so gives you an idear,

Now most of us women make our own garb = clothes & some of the mens look as good as us women, all dressed up. remember the men are not trying to be women , they are mens men, i know them all & they are lovely, yet they are just men. okay.

we reinact,the time,

its not about clothes, its about each person & how we get on with each other,
just remember these same men had they been in our times 1400 to 1700 they would have trained to fight to defend our camps places where we would have lived & they would have defended us women & children, to the death. so remember in those or our times it was not an easy time to live fact is was bloody hard ,& the bloody wars that went on i know my history in Prussia, it was not good,

It maybe neat to wear those garb = clothes just remember what our people went through,

Um heute unsere Leute zu Leben mussten so wir k'o'nnten leben zu Tag sterben.
to live to day our people had to die so we could live to day.

...noeleena...