PDA

View Full Version : odd but true

Daphne Renee
12-09-2005, 10:09 PM
For some strange reason I have been noticing womens makeup more and more lately.. Not exactly sure why.. anyhow.. I went to a local drug store to pick up some prescriptions for my wife. I noticed one of the girls was wearing this makeup I thought was totally wrong for her. Obviously I didnt say anything .. for one thing it would have viewed as very bizare and probably rude. also I am no expert.. She had very dark hair and was wearing this purple eyshadow and purple lipstick.. Maybe I am just strange but has something like thing like this happend to any of you?

andreaboots
12-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I notice things like that more and more too. I also scope out the hair, lipstick and especially the eyes. But I always look for the boots! he he:D

Shannon
12-09-2005, 10:49 PM
These days I am so tuned in to the make-up, clothes, and shoes of women around me. I learn so much, especially about eye make-up. One thing I notice is that it seems not too many women use foundation. I'd give anything for a peaches and cream complexion!

Staci
12-09-2005, 10:52 PM
It is funny what you notice. Ever since my wife helped me with my make-up I notice when other ladies overdue it or when they have way too much color.

Daphne Renee
12-10-2005, 12:05 PM
Thats good to know that I am not the only one who notices that.. I do especially notice the eye makeup .. Probably the eye shadow most then the eye liner next.. I sometimes want to say what where you thinking? or did you put your makeup on the the dark today hon.. LOL.. but of course I dont.. :)

LaceyNicole
12-12-2005, 10:15 AM
i to am finding myself noticing things like makeup, and even their nails.

Sabrina Flowers
12-23-2005, 07:36 AM
Like other posts here I to seem to be noticing more things to do with how a female looks and dresses. My eyes tend start at the floor and go upwards, rather than the typical male veiw of starting at the top and going downwards.
I also tend be looking at how the female has co-ordinated their clothes and accessories and to see what seems to be the "in thing". And how I can apply these looks with the items I have.
I also like to watch the fashion advice programs like the BBC's "what not to wear" with Trinny and Suzanna. as well as purchasing some magazines and papers because of the advice in them.

Sabrina

Kimberly
12-23-2005, 07:45 AM
Maybe I am just strange but has something like thing like this happend to any of you?
Woman at the tesco's counter yesterday... It was clear she was trying to look "special" for xmas - but it was all wrong!! Oh dear lord....

MikiAnne
12-23-2005, 08:05 AM
One thing I notice is that it seems not too many women use foundation. I'd give anything for a peaches and cream complexion!

Actually, there are a lot who wear foundation as its supposed to be worn...less is more....the idea being its not supposed to look like make up, but as a natural complexion.....a goal we as t-gals need to emulate....

DanaJ
12-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Actually, there are a lot who wear foundation as its supposed to be worn...less is more....the idea being its not supposed to look like make up, but as a natural complexion.....a goal we as t-gals need to emulate....... but unfortunately due to some of us having heavy beard shadows, very difficult to achieve...

TGMarla
12-23-2005, 08:29 AM
I really hate it when a woman has plucked her eyebrows completely off, and just draw a line with an eyebrow pencil where her eyebrow is supposed to be. I find that to be UUUUUUGLYYYY! Some also overdo it with the lip liner. Tasteless.

Bonnie D
12-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Because I'm closeted I never wore much makeup. Only some eye shadow, lipliner and lipstick. This past summer I went out for my first and only time and I wanted to do it right so I read as much as I could about makeup and then went out and bought everything I needed. I bought foundation, setting, better eyeshadow colours, eyelashes, eyeliner, nailpolish, removers, brushes and a bag. Now I can't stop looking at women's faces and checking out their makeup techniques. Hopefully I'm doing it descreetly enough, I don't want to give the wrong impression. I've always paid attention to their clothes, shoes and accessories which used to get me in trouble when my wife caught me. Of course, for the wrong reason. I couldn't explain the real reason I was looking.

Bonnie

Alexandra
12-23-2005, 07:51 PM
When I first Felt like a Girl, I Looked more and more at the Makeup that GG's were wearring.

I remember Sitting in School looking at Different Faces, and Wathching GG's put on their make-up. It's How i learned how to Apply Makeup, just by Watching GG's!

Now, When ever I see a Gg, I look more at their Make-up and their Attire.

Even Wathcing Movies or TV, I look more and more at Makeup. Specially Soap Operas!

I will be at the Mall and Poeple Watch, and I will look at Gg's Make-up. I Wil say that I am alittle Weirded oiut when I see 8 yr Old Girls Wearring enough make-up to be a Supermodel. I guess It's jsut something I notice!

Tia
12-27-2005, 04:20 AM
Somehow this sound familiar... After I started dressing I have also started to make observations about makeup and clothes I see around. I guess it's that you pay attention to things that are in your mind. Like when you plan to buy a car, you begin to see same model all the time in traffic.

Funniest thing to me has been, when "accidentally happen to stumble" to some pics with verry nice looking ladies with skimpy clothes:rolleyes: . Friends are telling how great breast she has etc, while I'm silently wondering how her eyes or lips are done, how fabulous heels she has etc... :D

Brenda Locke
12-27-2005, 05:48 PM
I find that while I do notice how GG's have done their make-up, I tend to look at what they are wearing and whether they have co-ordinated their outfits.

LOL Brenda

rexy
12-27-2005, 08:49 PM
yes i now do the same thing always looking at a gg 's makeup first..........then the overall look she has .:angel:

Billijo49504
12-27-2005, 09:29 PM
OK, let me take the other road. We as Xdressers, are trying our best to look good. The gg we see at the grocery or where ever, are just throwing on their makeup to go out for a shopping trip. Where as we, try to be as perfect as possible. So we are very observant of the GG's. To see what is out there. So we can be more realistic. They on the other hand, sometimes, just throw it on to get out of the house. I hope I made sense. If not, blame it on too many perfume samples at the mall. I got high from Christon Dior, Esty Lauder and who ever....BJ