PDA

View Full Version : This is different

crystalbath
03-06-2013, 08:39 AM
Hey everyone,

Is it just me that when you dress, like with your wig, make-up, clothes, accessories etc it feels normal. However when you dress just with the clothes and leave everything else out, it feels a bit weird.

Does anyone else feel like this if you dress without the extra's ? lol

meganmartin
03-06-2013, 08:57 AM
Yes i so agree! early on prior to discovery of my full self i only did portions such as pantyhose and heels. Once I did the complete transformation and the process if i do not have time to do it all I dont do it.

Beverley Sims
03-06-2013, 09:42 AM
I tend to get dressed completely, except for a wig around the house sometimes.

Julie Denier
03-06-2013, 09:57 AM
It's typically all or nothing for me ;)

Kate Simmons
03-06-2013, 10:18 AM
Actually, I consider the entire look an "outfit". The image is not complete otherwise and girls, even guy girls want to look nice.:battingeyelashes::)

vikki2020
03-06-2013, 11:06 AM
It is a bit different, but, so much easier. I've been getting out with minimum fuss lately, --no wig, and just a bit of make-up. Slip on something quick, and gone! I'm able to go out for an hour or two, when the moment works. Let's me get out a whole lot more often!

Jaymees22
03-06-2013, 11:32 AM
Hi, Yes it really has to be all or nothing. I try to use my own hair when I can. Underdressing doesn't do it for me either. Jaymee

Nichola
03-06-2013, 11:36 AM
All or nothing for me or it just doesn't feel right.

Karren H
03-06-2013, 11:52 AM
I don't really know what's normal any more.......

Stephanie47
03-06-2013, 12:17 PM
That's the case with me. After I dropped off my wife at work I came home and fully dressed, including wig. I do forgo the makeup because it's takes too much time and it'll be removed by 3 PM. I'm doing laundry today dressed in a new Merona blank and white print wrap dress, black heels and white undergarments, nude pantyhose. Being totally en femme seems as natural as dressed in guy mode. If I don't have the time to be fully dressed I forgo anything. I've even given up under dressing because wearing women's clothing has been so natural feeling. I guess I've evolved to the point of "If I cannot see myself in women's clothing and I no longer think about it, why do it?"

Lorileah
03-06-2013, 12:33 PM
I don't really know what's normal any more.......

Certainly not you nor I :)

I am who I am no matter what I wear, but if I am hanging around the house doing house things, then the wig and make up are not important (and often cumbersome). If I am stepping out the door for any reason....the whole enchilada

carhill2mn
03-06-2013, 01:38 PM
I almost never "dress" without wearing my makeup, wig, jewelry, etc. It just doesn't feel or look right.

Delaneymncd
03-06-2013, 01:53 PM
It's definitely all or nothing for me, I don't feel right if I leave anything out. It's all about the look as a whole, otherwise I don't feel like Delaney!

cathie pantyhose
03-06-2013, 02:00 PM
I can go either way actually and it doesn't feel "weird". Mostly I dress fully but there are days when I'll just wear some panties and a skirt or maybe just a dress to mess around the house a bit. In the warmer months, I'll wear a skirt around in the back yard when its just me. We have a ton of trees so no nosey neighbors peeking

gailprice
03-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Totally agree it's all or nothing for me. Well it used to be but now it's always all.

Mystique
03-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I'm a perfectionist. I'm like if I'm going to do this I'm going to look halfway presentable. My goal is to really get my look going then take a roadtrip somewhere to dress for a weekend to see if I like it.

kimdl93
03-06-2013, 02:59 PM
I would feel somewhat incomplete without my wig, certainly.

AllyCDTV
03-06-2013, 05:22 PM
I would never even consider dressing if I couldn't get completely dressed. Sometimes I might skimp on the eye makeup and wear glasses but even that is rare.

Rachelakld
03-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Going out, I need my wig, ear rings, etc, but at home I relax and just wear dress, bra & undies or evenings just my nighty.

Ariamythe
03-06-2013, 06:09 PM
Is it just me that when you dress, like with your wig, make-up, clothes, accessories etc it feels normal. However when you dress just with the clothes and leave everything else out, it feels a bit weird.
Quite the opposite for me. If I'm just going to be sitting around the house watching TV, it sometimes feels a bit silly to dress to the nines. I want to be comfortable -- a simple skirt, a cotton top, maybe some colored tights and light makeup.

Linda Leigh
03-06-2013, 07:42 PM
It is all or nothing for me!!

AllieSF
03-06-2013, 08:05 PM
I think an important factor in how one feels also depends on how often that one can dress completely versus partially. Another factor is if one goes out and how often. In my case because I have a lot of freedom and limited restriction or obstacles to my going out completely dressed to blend and impress, I hardly ever dress partially or completely just to stay at home. The few times I have not had my weekly fix of going out, I may dress at home the following week if it looks like I may have more time to wait to go out. I do try on outfits when I get new clothes and sometimes I will wear them during the evening at home while I try different combinations of tops, shoes, belts, coats and whatever. Otherwise, for me it is all or nothing, including going out, since I get little thrill just sitting at home dressed.

Brittany CD
03-06-2013, 08:11 PM
Yeah, it does feel a lot different

Barbara Maria
03-06-2013, 10:18 PM
I have to be completely en femme. Not nessesarily the whole works,with dress,pantyhose,jewelry etc.(though I usually do in the evening)but at least a wig,lipstick,and a little makeup. Without it,it loses everything.

Raychel
03-09-2013, 10:17 PM
I almost never dress completely with wig and makeup.
But when I do it certainly is a special time. I do feel complete then.

Rollcasket
03-09-2013, 11:06 PM
I use to love getting fully dressed up like make up, jewelry, pantyhose, heels ya know the works but after a while for me since I'm mostly now open with my CDing Its not as much fun anymore and can take a lot of time to do, so I just don't dress up fully like I use to. Now for me unless I'm going out I don't bother with my make up (unless its my eyes) and some of the other stuff anymore and just dress comfortable at home, but when I head out then I'll go full out.

TxCassie
03-09-2013, 11:20 PM
I can understand the feelings expressed. As I've grown, I find that every time I dress, I want to dress fully. But there are times when I do not have time or have the effort in me to do my make-up (Lord knows I need the practice, :heehee:). I have no wig yet.

So, there are times, when all I do is wear a skirt, or just a blouse, I may under dress if I know I need to go out. So, I guess at the end of the day, I don't mind not dressing completely. I feel very comfortable in some of Cassie's clothes as i go about my business in my apt. or under dressing if I have to run an errand. I do know though, as i build my wardrobe, makeup kits, and I know once I get the wig, i will want to dress completely more and more.

It's about comfort and happiness. Se Le Vie! (I think that's how you write it :doh:)

Cassie :love:

DressForSuccess
03-10-2013, 02:36 AM
Dressing is my yoga/relaxation method. When dressed up, I feel at peace.

Angela Campbell
03-10-2013, 07:22 AM
I like to dress fully. It is either a guy or a girl for me. That said I do not have any mens underwear anymore so I wear panties all the time, and all my jeans are womens jeans. If I am doing the guy thing...I look like a guy. If I am doing the girl thing ...I want to look like a girl, so makeup wig, shoes, yep the whole thing.

Kalista Jameson
03-10-2013, 07:27 AM
Me dressing up without my wig would be like seeing Darth Vader without his helmet. We caught a glimpse of that in The Empire Strikes Back, and it wasn't pretty.

Cheers,

Kalista

mandytg
03-10-2013, 10:24 AM
To me it has to be all or nothing, tho daytime dressing will be more casual, tunic tops leggings lighter make up it is still necessary to present as enfemme as possible.