PDA

View Full Version : shrink

tanyalynn51
03-06-2013, 10:37 AM
I told everyone a while back that I had lost my therapist due to death. She had been a wonderful expert on gender issues, and had helped me to truly understand myself. I also had to change psychiatrists at the same time, but it didnt really matter as I had only seen him for prescriptions anyway. I guess I knew that his day was coming. I havent only been seeing my new shrink for meds, but therapy also because she is an expert in PTSD as well. We have dealt with a lot of things and has done wonders for me. But although she got the records from my therapist, she has never brought up anything transgender until yesterday. It was something that I loosely connected to the tg issues that I had mentioned to the therapist that I may need to deal with with the psychiatrist, so i think one of my things Ive been avoiding is about to come flying out at me. I have no real reason to be afraid of dealing with all of this with my shrink, but it was a lot easier to deal with a therapist who was known for being tg friendly. I guess it has to start sometime.

Jessinthesprings
03-06-2013, 10:47 AM
well it is never easy to discuss something so personal with anyone especially since there is a lot of bias towards us out there. But, you are talking to a professional, and as such despite their personal feelings should treat you as a professional. I suggest trying to relax and take it as it comes. Make your decsions on how to proceed out of the facts rather fear.