PDA

View Full Version : Are you a guy' guy?

julie marie1
03-07-2013, 01:38 AM
How do others view you as in your male persona? As for myself, I believe that those who only know me as a man would never imagine that I enjoy crossdressing. As a man I would appear to be "manly" in my hobbies and activities. What about you?
Julie Marie

Caroline-Grant
03-07-2013, 02:49 AM
I don't think people think much of me in my male form. Women don't look my way and men don't really care. I don't look terribly manly but I'm not highly feminine either. I look young for my age . I get a better reaction from people when en femme though.

sandra-leigh
03-07-2013, 02:57 AM
People I have surprised:

my mother
one HR (human resources) person (this was more a "No, I hadn't noticed" than a "I wouldn't have expected it of you")
my (ex) family doctor
possibly one friend I haven't seen for a dozen years
my (now ex-) boss had a way of Not Noticing when I was TG in front of him for years, so I guess he might be surprised to see me in a dress...

So that's two clear surprises and a small number of possibles. Now set that against the many people (including co-workers) who have seen me dressed and gave no indication of being even a little astonished. And I've been many places in the city: I would have a tough time coming up with places I have not been dressed or overt in.

DressForSuccess
03-07-2013, 02:58 AM
People don't see me as a manly man, even though most of my hobbies are male oriented. I bet they would never guess I crossdress.

noeleena
03-07-2013, 03:34 AM
Hi,

A mans man. or manly. i dont see this as a only doing things . = like driveing heavy trucks & farm machinery. or working on building sites, I can only answer from what iv seen in how men interact with each other, as mates or friends or meeting for the first time say a rugby match. the interchange is quite different or the hostility between opposing teams, oh dear how different in fun or all out war,

For me its not something i could do, even though i had been in mens meetings & mixed i could not interact as men do with each other, in the same way ,now that does not say i dont have male friends i do & cant talk with them, i do have quite a good repore just thats taken years to happen so im accepted just not as a male,

So the ? am i a guy guy or my wording a mans man.... no i never was, yet i can do many things men do.

...noeleena...

Cheryl T
03-07-2013, 03:36 AM
No one would ever guess when they see "him"...wish it were also true with me.

Persephone
03-07-2013, 03:48 AM
I'm told that one of the women I know said, "It is so strange, he is such a manly man and she is so much a woman."

Hugs,
Persephone.

Diversity
03-07-2013, 04:05 AM
I am definitely a man's man. I enjoy all the guy stuff, but personally have an inner need and enjoyment in CD'ing. It doesn't change my persona as being a male, but it does make one wonder what I am about.
Di

PaulaQ
03-07-2013, 04:15 AM
nope. The knives, tools, and cargo pants probably help my image some. But still - no, not so much. For one thing, I carry a purse a lot of the time - in guy mode. I hate sports. I cry in movies. I do all the romantic stuff in our relationship. Seriously, how does my wife not see this? :p

OK, the purse is a gear oriented shoulder bag designed for concealed carry, made of ballistic nylon. It's designed for military / LEO use. It is still a friggin' purse. :o

AshleeM
03-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Everyone I've told has been surprised and not expected it. I love sports, paticularly football and basketball, have a fascination for weapons of all kinds and I am always flirting with women.

I do have some girly traits that come through in male mode, I'll comment on someone's makeup or a lady friends shoes. I love sappy romance films, and chick flicks in general.

Georgie
03-07-2013, 05:07 AM
I am not a guys guy at all, the people I have told were not shocked or surprised at all

lowxr
03-07-2013, 05:19 AM
How do others view you as in your male persona? As for myself, I believe that those who only know me as a man would never imagine that I enjoy crossdressing. As a man I would appear to be "manly" in my hobbies and activities. What about you?
Julie Marie

I work construction and ride my motorcycles on the weekend so I think my friends would be surprised if they found out I crossdress !!!

Vicky_Scot
03-07-2013, 06:12 AM
Simply put no.

Never been and never will be a guys guy.

Actually hate being in the company of what are known as guys guys in male mode never mind in my female persona.

Angela Campbell
03-07-2013, 06:17 AM
Not me. Just the other day someone told me I had a very "girly" face when I was dressed as a man and not even trying to look that way. I have very few male friends and never been interested in the things the men do.

Jenni Yumiko
03-07-2013, 06:49 AM
To other guys and women who don't know me well, yes. I shoot, hunt, paintball, practice aikido, hockey, minor construction, electrical, computers and generally act like a guy.
The women who really know me think I'm pretty fem for a guy, two know the truth, a couple others converse with me like one of the girls, from monthly cramps to relationship issues to clothes. (Spouses and ex'es not included)

stephNE
03-07-2013, 08:12 AM
I think yes. I work on old cars, watch most sports, and attend NASCAR events. Many of my friends are what would generally be considered rednecks, and I'm sure they would be quite surprised if they ever caught me dressed.

BLUE ORCHID
03-07-2013, 08:20 AM
Hi Julie, When I'm not pretty I'm a real manly man .

Maria S
03-07-2013, 08:24 AM
I don't think people think much of me in my male form. Women don't look my way and men don't really care. I don't look terribly manly but I'm not highly feminine either. I look young for my age . I get a better reaction from people when en femme though.

Kathrin sums it up exactly for me as well.

Maria

STACY B
03-07-2013, 08:29 AM
It all depends on if your talking about now or before ,,Before there would be no chance of being found out ,,But in the last few years most people don;t know what to think I guess an that's the way I like it just keep um on the edge so when they do find out it is not that big of a deal . Because trust me before long EVERYONE will know ,,,LOL,,,,

SexyErica
03-07-2013, 08:42 AM
Last weekend it was balls to the wall on the snowmobile and ice fishing and drinking beer with the Guys. This weekend it's LGBT bar en femme. If they only knew!!

sometimes_miss
03-07-2013, 08:44 AM
In my profession men are automatically assumed to be gay unless proven otherwise.....and even then, we're 'suspect' for being in denial, or 'just kidding ourselves'. I go overboard towards the stereotypical male behavior every single day to combat this. Whenever anyone questions my sexuality, I respond with "Well, I don't think so, but why don't you bend over and drop your pants and let's find out". Nobody has ever taken me up on that. I'm careful to eliminate any evidence of crossdressing whenever I go out. Occasionally I'll leave my nail polish on when getting food delivered at night, I just leave the porch light off, so the driver can't really be sure what he's seeing other than the cash which is foremost on his mind.

traci_k
03-07-2013, 08:48 AM
Most probably see me as a guy, especially being out of shape and being a boy scout leader and liking shooting sports. not really into sports and I do like ballet. Movies tend more towards comedies raher than chick flicks. But then there are times when people might wonder why my lips look a little shiny and I walk down the hall and imagine I'm wearing a skirt swishing side to side. When people would see me checking out a girl's shoes they would probably think I'm checking out the girl, rather I'm imagining how they would look on me. Overall I would guess no one would suspect that I have this deep rooted feminine side and crossdress or dream about becoming a woman.
Hugs!

amy96
03-07-2013, 09:46 AM
Very much a guy's guy -- all the outdoor stuff, even snowmobiling. But when on travel for business or home alone, I want to feel the feminine side and the "guy's guy" goes right out the door. :)

genevie
03-07-2013, 09:48 AM
All my life I've given clues to people. Honey, I love that necklace. Those shoes are perfect with that outfit. Yesterday I asked a coworker how she gets that effect with her nails. But they still see me as a manly guy. How is that possible? And no, very few manly pursuits here. Just cursed or blessed with the 'Marlboro Man' look that is hard to feminize.

drushin703
03-07-2013, 09:48 AM
Let's see. I swear like a sailor, fight like a tiger, spit on the ground, bench press my own weight, cheer the home team, change my own oil, give exuberant
high fives, love WWF wrestling. But, will cry at the ending of the Wizard of Oz, or ET, loves and grows daffodils in my garden, loves kittens, adores pink
petticoats, panthose, girdles, glossy lipstick, high heels, Victoria's Secret bras, mini dresses, painted nails, Rupals Drag Race, quiet afternoons,
large mirrors, holding hands and girl talk. There's a contridiction going on here that is hard for me to comprehend.

So to answer your question.........???????????????????????????? dana

Lacyfem
03-07-2013, 10:11 AM
I am a guys guy with a fem side as I've been told for years. I like all sports, I build and fix things, play golf "many times with panties on"... and generally think like a man unless I'm dressed. That said I don't go for a lot of the locker jokes that men like to tell and have a lot of respect for women which many manly men don't. It's a nice balance but would like to be womanly more often.

Julie Denier
03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm not the least bit feminine when I'm not dressed -- tall, fat, balding, usually unshaven, somewhat rumpled, eating sloppy food, watching sports, smoking cigars ... I revel in my guyness. But yet, somehow getting all pretty revs my engine ;)

Lorileah
03-07-2013, 12:07 PM
Surprisingly, yes, they think I am a guy's guy. In my life I have done some not so bright things to maintain that image. And more than a few women prefer me as a guy (their loss).

Beverley Sims
03-07-2013, 12:19 PM
I present as a guy's guy when presenting as a man.
As a feminine girl, ( what other type is there. ) when dressed appropriately

Allison Chaynes
03-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Absolutely. Most people I know look at me as the shining example of manhood. I love the outdoors, hunting, fishing, grilling, skydiving, etc. Anyone who knows me outside of my wife, sister and one CD friend I met in person locally in drab would be in utter shock if they knew I had a female side!

melissakozak
03-07-2013, 03:54 PM
I guess my life is a perfectly blended gender bending experience. I am not a guys guy and don't even know what the hell that really means, but I go to the salon and highlight my hair in boy mode, get my nails done in boy mode, shop for make up in boy mode, and I have a high sense of fashion in boy mode as well, so some might call me metrosexual or whatever that is, but in the end, I am just plain and simple ME. A very complicated, transgendered ME. I have thown stereotypes out the window....and I don't fit into anyone's gender mold....

Frédérique
03-07-2013, 04:15 PM

I’m not a “guy” guy at all. I’m rarely in the company of other men, but, when I am, I either try to put THEM at ease, or I make it clear that I’m not one of the boys. I think most men can tell I’m not “manly” in a traditional sense, mainly because I express a kinship with females – this WILL set you apart from those men who insist women cannot be understood, so they must retreat to the nearest wilderness to do some male bonding…

I can get along with “normal” men if I have to, but if they begin to use expectoration as punctuation for their “thoughts,” I will excuse myself. Also, if they crush the nearest insect under foot without a second thought, I will cry in their presence, thus announcing my disapproval in less-than-manly terms, letting everyone know that I may very well be MEEK. Also, I’m not comfortable holding a phallic-shaped object in my hand – feel free to choose your own example…
:straightface:

alwayshave
03-07-2013, 04:33 PM
I'm not sure that I'm a guys' guy. I do like some activities that may be considered masculine in nature. Fishing, shooting, baseball and diving. I played hockey until my mid twenties. However, I know and I am friendly with women who enjoy the same activities. As a matter of fact, I did a dive once on a U-boat where I was the only guy among a group of female divers.

cathie pantyhose
03-07-2013, 05:01 PM
im willing to bet no one would suspect. Only thing that might give me away is my hairless legs, arms etc but as I've said in the past, I'm an avid cyclist (rode 40 miles today) and it's a normal look to be a hairless cyclist. Also, I'm an accomplished mountain climber (I've done Everest, K2, most of Colorado's 14,000 foot mountains, Denali in Alaska, Mt Ranieer, etc) so even though I've done all those in compression hose, I don't think anyone would suspect every....unless I forget to remove the finger nail polish...which has happened...I just say my daughter painted them for me for good luck

CynthiaD
03-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Yes, I'm a manly man. I don't like watching team sports much, but I always liked playing them, especially football. (Much too old for that now.) I used to work on construction, and have always had a "strong back." At work I'm known as "the last guy you want to get into a fight with," even though I'm really a pussy cat.

I've come to believe that I developed my male persona to compensate for the feminine feelings I had inside. But that's another discussion entirely.

Tracii G
03-07-2013, 05:41 PM
To look at me I can see someone thinking that, I do kind of have a rough exterior.
As soon as I open my mouth I'm in trouble the voice doesn't go with the look.
I played the mans man part and I'm glad its gone now.I was a really ugly acting person.

SandraInHose
03-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Similar to quite a few others here, I do not give even the slightest clue that I crossdress. I lifted weights all of my adult life, am hairy, play/coach hockey, avid sports fan, am always scoping out the ladies, and dress as comfortable as a man could dress (jeans, T-shirts, muscle shirts).

However, only my wife also sees my softer side...I cry at sad movies, absolutely love animals, enjoy clothes shopping with my wife (even though I'm imagining the clothes on ME), and can talk fashion better than most women.

Still, even with my softer, feminine side showing from time to time, my wife was still flabbergasted when she found out about my CDing. After a decade-and-a-half of marriage at the time, she had no clue. She has remarked numerous times how nobody would have ever suspected such a thing from me.

Jamie001
03-07-2013, 07:25 PM
I am a girly girl in my normal presentation as a feminine male.

KimberlyJean
03-07-2013, 07:35 PM
I have 3 very distinct personalitys, and they are very much seperated, my problem is determining which one it the real me. At one point in time they have all felt like I was acting and at others it feels like the true me. So until I figure it out there will be the Work me, Home me, and Kimberly.

Jilmac
03-07-2013, 09:31 PM
I work part time and also have a part time business, and in both I present myself as a total guy. I doubt any of my co workers or customers would ever dream that I was a crossdresser unless I came right out and told them.

AmandaBlack
03-07-2013, 10:36 PM
Guys guy here...no one would ever I guess I love lace unless it's on a sexy woman.

Lynn Marie
03-07-2013, 10:43 PM
I pretty much doubt that the people I hang out with in male mode have any idea. Either way, though, I don't really care anymore. It just no longer matters what people think of me. Nice fringe benefit of being retired, happily unattached, and very independent.

Aylineira
03-08-2013, 10:06 AM
To the OP, I'm generally thought of as a guy's guy. Nobody would ever suspect that I crossdress... at least I don't think they do...

suchacutie
03-08-2013, 01:04 PM
If Tina showed up at my workplace I would be responsible for a number of heart attacks! I have two distinct personalities and allowing Tina to grow and develop has, in fact, help separate my guy-time from Tina-time. I'm much more of a "guy" in guy mode than I was before Tina arrived on the scene.

MarinaKirax
03-08-2013, 01:19 PM
I suppose I have played my cards well. I play hockey, go on golf trips, have a well supplied workshop, and an authoritative manner. On the other hand, Everybody I know knows that I have an opinion on where to place the ottoman (what can I tell you - its a gift) , and whether a woman successfully mixes gold and silver jewellery. I am often known for my 'style' when I dress up , and can carry off bowties, hats, cravats, and sweater vests. I think people enjoy poking fun at my stylish side and they make offhand references to metrosexual, or gay jokes, but I'm 100% sure that no one would suspect a thing. I used to help my wife into a tight sports bra, worked it like a pro, no comment. She would regularly ask me which top or which jewellery to wear, even advice on whether or not she should wear lipstick to a party. But when she found out my dressing, she had no clue. it rocked her. So I'm in between, People think they can joke about the feminine side of me, and I can let it happen because I have a masculine persona that seems so confident, and content. I smile at sly metrosexual comments that come my way, and puff on my cigar. If they only knew!!!

Lexie dee sexy
03-08-2013, 01:58 PM
i woud have to say im a guys guy in regular ife but i am not meant to be i think all day of dressing and being feminine but i am to masculine to ever pass im new to being open about myself and how i should livelife anyone have any advice please feel free to give it

Vanessa5
03-08-2013, 06:06 PM
Yeah, I would be considered a guys guy. Doing things that are sometimes stupid. I even raced cars (r/c) for a long time. My feminine side just has to come out though. And I would trade my race days now for being able to dress for the same amount of time. I also am the fasion expert in our house. My daughter prefers things I pick out more than my wife...and she looks great in the outfits I pick. Just sayin'.

Tiffbear
03-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Yes. I work in the automotive industry, I do track days with my car, I like to do skeet shooting, and I love women. So, I'd say no one would ever think I dressed.

Brittany CD
03-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Yep, I'm seen as a masculine. I leave no sign of my girl side when I go back to man mode

Tess
03-08-2013, 09:29 PM
Not at all a guy's guy. Maybe way back during my days in the service, but even then I was more of the non-confrontational quiet type. These days you'll likely find me in the kitchen cooking or going to a watercolor class and my drab attire isn't all that drab.

MysticLady
03-09-2013, 02:50 AM
Julie Marie

Hi Julie
Im afraid that my male persona does just not do it for me. Yes I can play all that tough guy stuff but it doesn't do it for me. My femme side completes me. It feels like Im whole now. And Im I afraid many people here will agree with me.:D

k lynn
03-09-2013, 07:03 AM

This also sums me up not really into sports guns like to work out and ride my mototcycle those or the 2 manly things I do but I know severval women who work out and ride Iam just me

Rebecca Watson
03-09-2013, 09:25 AM
I think most people would not regard me as a "guy" guy. Although, this is perhaps stereotyping, I neither do nor enjoy activities that are frequently associated with masculinity: (a) I prefer to sit when I pee, (b) I don't like to watch sports on TV, (c) I much prefer a small fuel-efficient car, or no car, (d) I don't really enjoy beer very much.

On top of this, aside from a "beer belly" (which I'm trying to get rid of), I don't have particularly masculine features (e.g. I don't really have a visible Adam's apple, I'm not exactly muscular, my facial features are not particularly masculine) and a rather feminine voice.

- Becky

Rollcasket
03-09-2013, 09:48 AM
Well I don't think any of my friends have every thought of me as a mans man since I live a very passive almost monk style life. I rarely eat meat, I avoid any and all fights and try to solve problems with words before violence, I know nothing about cars or sports, and most of the time walk away from a conversation that I feel are just degrading talks towards women. At the same time though I don't think they think I'm a fem man either. Most of the people who know me know I took 5 years of tia chi so I can fight I just always choose the most peaceful route, I've done landscaping and home repair jobs, and I'm the first one to take care of the dirty jobs before anyone else in are house. So I guess I'm just a bowl of neutral soup XD

NV Susan
03-09-2013, 02:39 PM
When in male mode I'm a regular guy, but Susan is right under the surface.

Newcdguy
03-09-2013, 03:26 PM
My wife jokes about that very thing. In fact I was underdressed during our super bowl party. She calls me a super manly man except when Stephanie is around. I'm super girly. Strange dichotomy. I played college football and still enjoy sports. I remodled our house recently. Which are not solely men's things. But I guess I'm manly. Except for my pretty panties!!
Hugs Stephanie

monika
03-09-2013, 08:34 PM
Julie Marie

I am exactly the same way!
Dressing up is the only time I am remotely feminine:)
All my hobbies are typical guystuff.

Kelly Smith
03-09-2013, 09:03 PM
Julie Marie

As a child I felt feminine. As a teenager and a twenty something I overcompensated by scaling every macho mountain I could find. That side of me is secure enough that Kelly can visit any time she wants, which is quite often indeed.