PDA

View Full Version : man in a dress

claireforever
03-07-2013, 06:12 AM
just had a dressing session with full make up , nails etc and took a few pictures, looking back at them has made me realise im a man in a dress !! i sometimes see a lovely woman , but today reality knocked.....oh well

dominique
03-07-2013, 06:37 AM
we get these days now and again

Erica Marie
03-07-2013, 06:41 AM
Everytime I dress I still see me in the mirror. I dont see the beautiful women I want to be. So far I have really only dressed at home so its not a real issue but Im hoping to venture out and will need the opinion of some one close to see if I wont stick out as the "man in a skirt"

Dana921
03-07-2013, 06:52 AM
Self doubt can be huge at times and I would guess almost everyone has them at times about our presenting as the person we want to see ourselves be. I certainly did, have, do even today after a fair amount of being out and about. It is amazing to me, that on some days that I just do not feel at my best, someone will offer a positive comment to me and that can change my whole day or thought process! So as hard as it is, I would offer lift your head and smile! You are you regardless, enjoy that! As hard as that may seem at times.

linda allen
03-07-2013, 06:56 AM
just had a dressing session with full make up , nails etc and took a few pictures, looking back at them has made me realise im a man in a dress !! i sometimes see a lovely woman , but today reality knocked.....oh well
Use those pictures to see how you could look better. For example, I often forget to smile. Smiling, especially showing teeth, makes me look more feminine. Another thing is how you are standing. Like a woman or like a man?

Christina Horton
03-07-2013, 07:55 AM
All women feel that way in some form or other. You look is not the most important. Your attitude and way you move is also a big part. Plus as said "smile". Women smile more often and more freely. If you believe you belong there where ever you are then others think you do to. So when you do go out act like you have all the right to be there... Because you do. Lol. Work on your makeup is a great thing. Find the perfect wig or hair style and it will all look right with that attitude is there other wise.... Your just a man in a dress. Good luck.

BLUE ORCHID
03-07-2013, 08:31 AM
Hi Claire, There's no doubt about it you are always your own worst critic.

Michelle (Oz)
03-07-2013, 08:57 AM
I've stopped taking close up photos. I look like an old man in a dress.

I do get a laugh now and then when I talk about having blond senior moments these days.

BillieAnneJean
03-07-2013, 09:11 AM
I seem to have stumbled on an eye makeup and lipstick combination that really works for me. When I go out enfemme, I really look like someone else and definately not a man. But I don't look like a supermodel as some of the avatars on this site do. More like an older woman who has some pride. But my girl shortcommings are down to my genes and I am completely happy with the guy side of me. Since I am a guy all but a day a week, I am good with that. This week was TWO days out in bliss.
On the days that I am enfemme, WARNING, don't get between me and a mirror.
This is such fun!
Billie

Stephanie47
03-07-2013, 11:33 AM
Claire, I know exactly what you're experiencing. Although I am an in-home cross dresser I forgo the makeup. Makeup does not help and makeup takes a lot of time to put on and take off. I know I will always look like a man in a dress. When I am en femme at home and doing household chores, etc I feel great. However, I do not get up close and personal with any mirrors. There is a full length mirror that is more forgiving than the facial bathroom type mirrors. I am not interested in passing. On the occasions when I am out of the home en femme, it's in the evening for a walk.

Even in guy mode my mind's eye is seeing something other than reality. I look at pictures and see reality. It has nothing to do with your perception of being womanly or not. It's how you perceive yourself-period-male or female.

I look back at some pictures I had taken of myself en femme (in my thirties) and I think I did look like a woman. At least more womanly than now. But, then again, at the age I am, I see many woman that time has taken its toll.

Reality always governs what I do.

Karren H
03-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Welcome to the club..... I always see myself as a man I a dress.......

Beverley Sims
03-07-2013, 12:04 PM
I see a man in a dress others do not even recognize me when dressed.

Debra Russell
03-07-2013, 12:20 PM
I always see a lady in the mirror, but the odd angle stance or unforgiving shot of complete male stature keeps me moving if I am out and if an odd glance or look of surprise comes my way it brings home that my twin is lurking about -- but I just ignore him as all he is - is my shadow .....................Debra

claireforever
03-08-2013, 03:20 PM
Thsnks for all your replies. Im not hung up about it we cant change our sizes i suppose just try to cover and disguise better..x claire

Kate Simmons
03-08-2013, 03:26 PM
I may have a man's plumbing but will never be a "man in a dress" Hon because my soul is female.;):)

rita63
03-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Yesterday morning I was at an AA meeting as my male self. I had an almost over powering urge to stsrt my sharing with I"m rita and...". It wasn't a thought thing it was a feeling that I wanted to tell them who I really am. Later in the evening dressed casual with my new jewelery and makeup at my support group I felt quite insecure about my femmininity, the other girls all seemed so much more womanly. Its funny how our confidence can come and go, nothing worse than a comment being made by others that you overhear.I suppose its somthing you become more comfortable with as time passes until it does't matter.

hugs rita

Tracii G
03-08-2013, 11:54 PM
I see that guy too so you are not alone.

Jorja
03-09-2013, 01:11 AM
A woman who loves to wear beautiful clothes is like a flower

A man who loves to emulate these women is a special flower

Barbara Ella
03-09-2013, 01:19 AM
There are those times when i look and do not see the man in a dress, and i keep these moments in my mind to remind me what is inside, and why I feel like dressing less, but thinking more about what I am. Yes, confused. Yes reality bites.

Barbara

Maria 60
03-09-2013, 07:05 AM
That is so true. There are times when I get dressed to the tee's and I think I look amazing, and then I will take a few pics and think to myself what happened to the girl in the mirror because she looks nothing like the man in the picture. We must what to see something else when we look in the mirror. Maybe one day.

Raychel
03-09-2013, 07:13 AM
Sad, everytime I look in the mirror, I see a man. Sometimes in a dress with nice boobies.
But always a man. What do they say, "Put a dress on a goat, Still a goat"

EllenJo
03-09-2013, 09:10 AM
It's funny because some of the times that I feel most feminine are when I am just working around the house with minimal make up (light face powder and just a hint of mascara) no bra but nice cami under my blouse with a long skirt and flats. Humming in the kitchen, doing laundry knowing that I am not passable but feeling completely girly.

pantyhosemelb
03-11-2013, 12:09 AM
For many years when I would dress all I would see was a tall man trying to look like a woman and it was how I felt too. I no longer try to look like a woman, I am a man who enjoys feminine clothing, make up, jewellery, being smooth and that is how I now present. I am much happier, I get less reaction from others and I feel my look is more genuine. I am hoping that one day this will be my full time look.
Thought I would share another way to look at it. Though really, we must stop caring about what others think and ignore the stereotypes of what a woman or a man or a CD must look like.

freeindress
03-11-2013, 03:43 AM
Best option for me as I enjoy more genderbending than presenting as a fake person.

Billie Jean
03-11-2013, 04:57 AM
I've been out in public and I'm just a man in a skirt. Sure I got some laughs but I also got some compliments. I just try to be me and nobody else. Billie Jean