PDA

View Full Version : Opinion~Please

hmerkin
03-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Hello Ladies,
Would ask/demand, (ha,ha), your opinion please? I Love to crossdress and want to go completely public! Found a site called: "Just you : Home of glamour boutiques". Have any of you "Ladies" heard of it? I am a bit shy of my crossdressing-but not ashamed and willing to push further in the publics' eye! Per the website, it appears good! If so, please let me know or whatever! Would be nice to go public completely dressed in a dress, makeup, bling, stockings and high heel pumps......... as a total women!
Love You All,
Crystal

Lorileah
03-07-2013, 12:26 PM
Kind of wondering exactly what you think that site will do. Are you going to Vegas? If so they could help you do a make over. Otherwise, I don't really see how they would be of great assistance getting you out and about as compared to the myriad or sites that sell clothes and padding and wigs.

Many of the members here have used Just You when visiting Las Vegas and I think most were very happy with them.

Beverley Sims
03-07-2013, 12:29 PM
First, you do have to look very attractive and present well to succeed.
Some on this forum could do quite well, most of us would have to be content to stay on the sidelines and some others unfortunately will never make the cut.
That having been said the same goes for GG's also.
If you can't make the cut you can always express yourself in other ways.
Again a lot here have made it into the outside world by dressing and acting appropriately to their age and circumstance.
So, I think we can all do something but not at a glamor boutique.

AllieSF
03-07-2013, 02:44 PM
My best recommendation besides perfecting your looks and mannerisms to your satisfaction is to find some local CD's from this site, local support groups or wherever to have a partner to go out with. You already appear to have the necessary courage. Having an experienced partner with a similar taste in dressing style will get you quicker and better results than flying solo. I am not saying that the solo route will not work and in the end may be your desired approach, but for first timers, a partner just seems to make it all work out better sooner. Good luck.

celeste26
03-07-2013, 03:19 PM
About the only "specialty store" I go to is the Breast form store, everything else is bought in regular online purchases or consignment stores. Once you can figure out the sizing differences (and that is a hornet's nest) then go on out and buy what you want, wherever you want. Sadly the fashion industry is like herding cats, they refuse to abide by any uniform standards and sizes vary tremendously. The stores which cater to the transgender crowd almost uniformly have higher prices and lower quality.

DonnaT
03-07-2013, 04:57 PM
Crystal, they can help, if you need it, for a price, if you're willing to spend it.

I've only heard good things about them. Visited their store once. Nothing special as compared to everyday stores. Good selections on bling, however.

So, give them a try!

Angela Campbell
03-07-2013, 05:45 PM
About the only things I get from places like that are breast forms and corsets. For clothes I usually go to where they sell womens clothes.....Pennys, Macy's, Sears, Beals, Target....

I Am Paula
03-09-2013, 08:20 AM
Eons ago I shopped at a CD store in Toronto. Prices were very high, and most of the clothing pretty over the top (micro minis, fishnets, sky high heels). It was a good place to start, because I was accepted unconditionally. They gave some good advice, and alot of encouragement. I very quickly outgrew it though, when I discovered how easy it is to shop at GG stores. And almost as accepting. If you a terrified of going to the mall and trying on an evening gown, or asking a SA for a bra, by all means try one of the many CD stores. If they charge $30 for a little lycra skirt, it's the price you must pay for anonymity. Try to stay away from the endless cycle of finding things that fit/don't fit and look good/look bad on the internet. (I know girls, you love internet shopping, to each her own).
Remember, you can go to the mall in full on guy mode, get your hair done, your legs waxed, new nails, size 13 payless shoes, a make over at MAC or sephora, and all the clothes that you can imagine. Walk out a girl, all right close to home. Best of luck, and enjoy your journey.-Celeste

rita63
03-09-2013, 10:47 AM
There are CD stores and makeover services in most large cities, Detroit Toronto and Chicago are near you. Many other centers have support groups where you can meet other girls and make friends and get shopping and makeup tips. N. Indiana is pretty populated, search around your area ,state and neighboring states, theres lots of other girls like you and safe places to be yourself.

hugs rita

melissakozak
03-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Crystal,

The transformation services, from what I have heard, are great at what they do in Las Vegas, and while in Vegas, you can just about go anywhere and no one will care...the place is accepting and pretty open...the other added benefit of a transformation service is that you will learn a ton from one session. All of this is by reports from others, as I have never utilized one. I just bought a ton of make up books and started experimenting.....which you can do as well. Playing with make up is fun anyway....

docrobbysherry
03-09-2013, 11:15 AM
Here's your big chance, Crystal! Book your flite to Vegas now! From April 14 until the 20th Diva Las Vegas in happening there! Some 150 girls will descend on Vegas and we'll be painting the town pink!:drink:
One of the events planned is an open house at the Glamour Boutique, (Just U). Amy owns the store and is VERY TG friendly. And, Holly, who works there, is a trans and very nice!:)

Google: Diva Las Vegas and sign up for the events u want to attend. Most r free! Vegas is a GREAT place to get your feet wet out of your closet! Nothing much bothers folks there!:straightface:

Here's Sherry in the Glamour Boutique at last year's DLV open house. She got a boot out of their new store!:heehee: