PDA

View Full Version : I may have another neighbour that knows

Maria S
03-08-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm not sure but I may have another neighbour that knows. So far they are the only neighbours that don't know (at least I think so) unless another neighbour has told them or they have seen me coming or going. They are both in their 70s, their eyesight not A1 and my car has smoked glass on it. Today I came home, the weather terrible rain and fog. The neighbour comes out with a small parcel that the postman left for us. Oh knickers what do I do now I can't get out of the car in tights and high heels. She left it on the wall and I called out thank you. Does she know and being ultra diplomatic? I do not know.

Maria

Lorileah
03-08-2013, 12:07 PM
If your neighborhood is like mine, if one knows, everyone knows. And they don't even get along... :)

Stephanie47
03-08-2013, 12:23 PM
Basically, if one neighbor knows, then probably all know. If the couple is retired, the chances they have observed you are fairly high. It's not a question of snooping on you. As a retiree and being home a lot more than working stiffs, I have a tendency to be more observant. I won't say I'm a neighborhood watch type of person, but, I do observe my surroundings.

If one all the other neighbors already know, the cat's out of the bag anyway.

Beverley Sims
03-08-2013, 12:56 PM
They may all know, but if they still talk to you do not worry they may be accepting.

BillieAnneJean
03-08-2013, 12:56 PM
I like Lorileah's reply. Hits the mark with my experiences in neighborhoods.

I have nosy but nice neighbors across the street. Last year we went on a vaction to the Middle East. Everyone knew about it, from the neighbors, including the roofer wotking down the street! The proceedures I go through to transit would make me the envy of the CIA. But should they find out, my approach would be to laugh it off and say "No big deal". That takes the force out of it. If I said "Oh MY Gosh, My Life Is Ruined!!!!" then the discovery has more power. Probably everything you can imagine is a worse thing to do than just dressing in "inappropriate" clothing.

So one day when I am outed, I am going to let everyone have a big fat laugh at my expense. Their knowing the "secret" about me won't be worth much then.
Billie

Lynn Marie
03-08-2013, 12:57 PM
A neighbor in my apartment house whom I've known for a few years moved out last month. I'm sure she had spotted me getting into my car in heels etc. a few months ago. So we were hugging and saying our goodbye's and she started to say something and stopped. Yup, she knew, just had no idea how to ask the question and still be gracious. LOL It isn't like I've been hiding all that well.

Tracii G
03-08-2013, 01:10 PM
My neighbors across the street know everything that goes on.LOL.
The elderly neighbor next door has seen me dressed many times and he is cool with it.
If they talk about me I don't mind they are still friendly to me otherwise.
The young couple on the other side of me are really nice and have seen both sides of me.Not a problem at all.
Their 9 year old daughter is just the nicest person we chat a lot about clothes and girl stuff.
Her Mom was going to get a wig and she came over and asked me where I got mine.If thats not accepting I don't know what is!!

Faye56
03-08-2013, 05:01 PM
My neighbours know but are understanding , though I have no doubts that they have told others and I give many a chance to snigger and talk about me . I have never had any treat me less than a good neighbour though.

STACY B
03-08-2013, 06:44 PM
Count me in too !! If they don't know they must not look out much ,, Talking about getting in an out of the car ,,How about taking the trash out walking across the street to the inlaws or getting the mail all 100% ,,But hell I dam near look like that all ways now . Got busted in my baby blue night shirt an slippers untangling the dogs leash yesterday about an hour before dark ,,lol,,,

Jorja
03-08-2013, 07:40 PM
So what? Just invite them over for a BBQ and get it over with.

Rogina B
03-08-2013, 07:51 PM
So what? Just invite them over for a BBQ and get it over with.

Sounds like a plan! What difference does it really make anyway? I say hi and wave to my neighbors when I am home in Lauderdale..They aren't paying our bills....

Leah Lynn
03-08-2013, 10:51 PM
I'm with Stacy on this; I've offered plenty of opportunities to see me androgynous and a few in full regalia. If they don't know, they're not looking!

Leah

lingerieLiz
03-09-2013, 12:20 AM
Let's see? I think most all the neighbors know. I've gone to several of their homes to help with moving things or fixing things. I'm sure they could see my projection and the bra lines if they didn't realize I had on women's clothes. I usually wear long nightgowns and being near the water it is pretty obvious when you can easily see the gown flapping from below the billowing robe. I've talked with a few of them while I or we tried to hold our robes closed.

I treat my neighbors pretty nice and help them whenever. They reciprocate and we all get along. I've lived all over the country and in various neighborhoods. I think it has been known that I wear women's clothes in all of them. I've never had trouble with any of my neighbors over it. Some even liked it.

Raychel
03-09-2013, 08:29 AM
I don't know if any of my neighbors know at this point, But to be honest, I don;t really care either.
They have their space and this is mine, If you don;t like what you see when you look this way.
Then don't look.

MsRenee
03-09-2013, 09:35 AM
For about 2 yrs we had neighbors that were a gay couple, and before that we had another that were man an wife.
We never had any issues with either one and both were very nice to us.
It shouldnt matter if your neighbors know what you do . Its your life not theirs.
Do what you feel makes you the safest and happiest.
Hugs
Renee

Nicole Brown
03-09-2013, 09:52 AM
I really don't know if any of my neighbors know, nor do I care. I make absolutely not secret about who I am nor how I choose to dress. I know that they have all seen me walk down my driveway to either get my mail or to put out or bring in the trash can, so I guess that they know. It really doesn't matter to me one way or the other.

By June I will be moving out of here and into my new condo where I will take up residence as Nicole full time. A fresh start and a new, and hopefully happier, life.

~Joanne~
03-09-2013, 10:17 AM
The very first time I really went out, on a halloween many years ago, in full femme, My SO was waiting in front of the building in the car and I had to lock the door and walk down the stairs and out the door to the car. Nervous as I was all was going well until about half way down the stairs when my neighbor kiddy corner from us came in the back door.

As I hit the bottom stairs and my heels started clicking across the tiled floor, I nervously opened the front door as he started sprinting across the bottom floor. After I got into the car and we were starting to pull away I glanced back to see him looking out the front door. My SO laughed and said he wanted to get a better look at my legs but I always wonder if he knew it was me or thought it was a friend of hers.

We never really talked to the neighbors and it was never brought up but less than a month later, he, his GF, and their newborn moved out. Guess I'll never know but it was the only time I ever was seen by a neighbor.

JenniferMBlack
03-09-2013, 10:27 AM
I don't know how many niebors know at my new apartment But I have been here only a month and continually go outside. I know a few have seen me and we exchanged plesantries and that was that. The thing is I don't really care if they know, as I don't feel I am doing anything wrong and I am not trying to hide it.

Allison Chaynes
03-09-2013, 02:46 PM
I hope mine don't, but the other day I was wearing capris and purple Lane Bryant sweater and went out in the back yard without even thinking 'oh yeah I need to change first." I realized the fence was leaning over slightly due to a damaged post, and if my neighbors were in their sunroom they would have seen everything. Oh well.