PDA

View Full Version : Wig Question

Lisa Marie
12-10-2005, 08:47 AM
When wearing a wig does everyone in here use a wig cap first before they put their wig on? Or do you not have to? Angie

jennig
12-10-2005, 08:55 AM
hi angie a wig cap is not needed i thing most gg use them to keep thier longer hair as flat to thier head so the wig fits better. i have been useing wigs for over 20 years and never used a wig cap

jennig

DanaJ
12-10-2005, 08:55 AM
With me, it depends on how well the wig fits, and if there will be some styling done on it or not. Another factor is how long the wig will be on, if it is just on for a few pix, then most of the time I don't use a wig cap. Oh, and if you have long hair a wig cap helps to keep you own hair out of sight....

Toyah
12-10-2005, 09:40 AM
I have never bothered with one have hardly any hair of my own to hide

TGMarla
12-10-2005, 10:20 AM
One thing to consider is whether your own hair color clashes with the color of the wig. Sometimes the hair near the front of your ears (the sideburn area) can creep out from under the wig. If it's not rather close to the color of the wig, it can be very noticable. A wig cap can help to hold it out of site longer. But many wigs are now designed to be worn pretty well without a cap.

DonnaT
12-10-2005, 03:00 PM
I do, and one good thing about it is that I can tape up my eyebrows to give them a little arch by sticking the tape to the cap.