PDA

View Full Version : pink fog

slamddoger
03-09-2013, 05:43 PM
what is pink fog/?

PaulaQ
03-09-2013, 05:55 PM
It is the euphoric feeling one gets when wearing / contemplating wearing woman's clothing, and generally doing things that are feminine. It is "pink" to imply femininity, and a "fog" because it can cloud your judgement. ("I'll look fabulous in that." "I'm SURE my wife will be totally ok with this!") It's what sends you out to buy a wig, or breastforms, or a dress.

It sounds innocuous, but it can be very powerful.

jennifer1958
03-09-2013, 06:05 PM
Pink fog is why I have and would go into a store and try on dress without a wig and make up. I am sure the associates must laugh inside and think I am weird; but inside me I just feel like a girl.

Jennifer

slamddoger
03-09-2013, 06:58 PM
ok so that what pink fog is something that make you feel good about your salf is that right?

Sara Jessica
03-09-2013, 07:24 PM
Pink Fog defined in Webster's...

1) A state of being when one who is overtly partakes in and tends to get lost in the behaviors and/or trappings of one who is female.
2) An excuse for bad behavior and poor judgement.

OK, I made up the Webster's part. Alright, I made up the rest as well but seriously, I subscribe to #2 above in that more often than not, pink fog represents an excuse for doing things that one might not be so ready to do if they were in a rational state of mind.

Beverley Sims
03-10-2013, 12:41 PM
Pink fog?
When one loses all sense of reality and a sense of euphoria pervades the air.

NicoleScott
03-10-2013, 12:48 PM
PaulaQ, I like your response. For me, it also takes my mind off things that should be getting my full attention (like work).

Lynn Marie
03-10-2013, 12:57 PM
It is the euphoric feeling one gets when wearing / contemplating wearing woman's clothing, and generally doing things that are feminine. It is "pink" to imply femininity, and a "fog" because it can cloud your judgement. ("I'll look fabulous in that." "I'm SURE my wife will be totally ok with this!") It's what sends you out to buy a wig, or breastforms, or a dress.

It sounds innocuous, but it can be very powerful.

Excellent response. I wish I could have said that.

MissTee
03-10-2013, 01:13 PM
For me the pink fog effect ranges from the nice (a little pink fog) to the narcotic (all fog, no brain.) By products of the narcotic episodes include:

- 40 bras. In all colors. In all fashions.
- 3 times that many panties.
- 2 dozen wigs.
- Shoes? Let's not go there.
- A skirt for every day of the year.
- Jeans with flowers, jeans without. Capri jeans and regular jeans in every color.
- A crate full of leggings, hose, stockings.
- Tunics, tops, big shirts galore
- Casual dresses, crinkles dresses, holiday dresses, special occasion dresses, and lots of LBDs.

And I only dress part time :o

I'm better now that I accept myself. In the early days, though, the pink fog really ruled and I needed a lot of retail therapy.

Kate Simmons
03-10-2013, 01:26 PM
Basically it's a created excuse for some folks to allow themselves to crossdress. Kind of like Flip Wilson as Geraldine used to say: "The devil made me do it." :)