PDA

View Full Version : My First Ribs!

Persephone
03-10-2013, 02:30 AM
Today was a "guy day," one of the rare occasions where I still go out with guy buddies and do "guy stuff."

My buddy and I went out, way out, into the California desert for a get-together with one of our hobby groups. Round trip of about 240 miles (I drove) during which, in addition to the event, we stopped off for burgers and hot dogs (things Persephone seldom consumes) and spent a while at Bass Pro looking at things I can't talk about here (the shelves were almost totally bare and the customers were four deep).

I got home pretty worn out from the day and one of the first things my spouse said is "Debbie has a problem, her identity and a lot of money have been stolen, and she needs us to offer some support."

End of "guy day." Thirty-five minutes later we were on the way to Debbie's (name changed, by the way) to take her out to dinner, with me in full femme, of course.

We picked up Debbie and listened to all that she had been through -- how the identity theft had been discovered, what she was doing about it, how she felt, and so on -- as we drove to the restaurant of her choice, a bar-b-que place over the hills in another town.

As we drove she asked if either of us would share a plate of ribs with her since the half portion, which is what she wanted, was only $3 less than the full portion. I knew that my spouse was never one for ribs, so I agreed.

I'm not much of a "finger food" or "hand food" eater, I don't usually do sandwiches, I eat pizza with a knife and fork, and have ribs maybe once every five years or so, mostly because I don't enjoy the mess.

But this was a first -- the first time I'd ever tried ribs en femme! To me it constantly felt like my face was becomming one big mess, but reassurance from my friends and a glance at my lipstick mirror confirmed that I didn't really have bar-b-que sauce all over my face. And my makeup remained intact!

Gave me a new level of confidence! Who knows, someday I may even try eating a slice of pizza without a fork!

As we got back to her home and Debbie got out of the car she said, "Thanks girls, you really helped me tonight."

Hugs,
Persephone.

traci_k
03-10-2013, 02:53 AM
Congratulations on a successful outing!
Hugs

Kalista Jameson
03-10-2013, 03:31 AM
Sorry to hear about the ID theft. That's frightening. As for the BBQ sauce, I love the stuff but get it on everything. I swear I come home and find it on my white t-shirts I never even wore near the stuff. You are bolder than me to try it en femme. :)

I know myself, and if it's ribs, get me a jumbo bib. :)

Cheers,

Kalista

Tracii G
03-10-2013, 05:39 AM
Thats what good friends do Miss P.
Being there for friends in time of need is what its all about.

Beverley Sims
03-10-2013, 12:20 PM
Barbara,
I am not very ladylike when eating ribs.
Messy but nice.

docrobbysherry
03-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Wow! Do u get around, Barbara! In both boy and girl mode!

I made it a point to always order fork and knife food when out dressed. That is, until I had the burgers at Mary's! That sandwich is too thick to eat anyway but with my hands! Besides, isn't that we always carry a lipstick in our purse?

Bree Wagner
03-10-2013, 10:54 PM
It's great that you were able to help someone out like that Persephone. Well done!

As far as ribs go, I can totally sympathize. My eating style changes significantly when I'm out en femme. I'm messy enough as it is and I can't imagine going with ribs. Kudos to you for handling it well!

-Bree

Julogden
03-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Ribs? You're braver than me. ;)

Very nice of you and your spouse to comfort your friend.

Carol

NathalieX66
03-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Ribs are sticky and messy.

My dad gave me his recipe, and obsesses over his secret recipe of "baby back ribs", on the back yard grille. He love to tell me how to do it right.

I love it too.....but not that much.

Eryn
03-10-2013, 11:59 PM
Ribs are pretty adventurous and I try to avoid that sort of drama when dressed. I really don't want to disturb Max Factor! :)

I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I hope she recovers her money soon.

Persephone
03-11-2013, 02:32 AM
Thank y'all for the lovely comments.

And just in case you were wondering, yes, my spouse and I picked up the entire tab.

Hugs,
Persephone.