PDA

View Full Version : What is it about this forum.......

arleen
12-10-2005, 09:48 AM
that makes it so different and drew me in for my first post?

The GG's. I thoroughly appreciate the balance, perspective or the reality you all bring. Thank you very much.

I personally struggle to reconcile the realities of what it means to be a woman as opposed to presenting as one. Being married for nearly forty years to the very understanding woman I love and watching her, like so many of the women in the couples we know, manage careers, being mothers, wifes and home makers, it's very clear to me, I don't measure up. Being a woman is very special. It's no wonder so many women struggle with those of us who seem to be working from an alacart menu.
I think being a woman is not so easy.
arleen

Paula Rae
12-10-2005, 10:59 AM
Hey Arlen.

A very simple answer. It's the loving, caring, and gentle PEOPLE, who welcomed and helped me
and are now going to help you.

Welcome to our Forum.

Ricki B

Sarahgurl371
12-11-2005, 02:52 PM
I agree. I just feel so much better about myself since finding this place. It is wonderful to have a place we can all just be honest. The GG's here are wonderful, supportive, yet sometimes willing to tell it like it is. The CD's TG's TS's are wonderful as well. So many of us have struggled for years thru life, and the opportunity to realatively anonomously communicate with others who can offer help and support is wonderful.

Arleen, I agree that a woman is such a special creation. I read somewhere that men CD as a derogatory thing, to demean women and femenimity. i have to wonder if the author actually knew or asked any CD's for thier opinion. I am a CD/TG and absolutley would never want to demean the most beautiful creatures in the world.

So thanks to those who keep this site going and accessible for the rest of us to try and figure it all out.

susandrea
12-11-2005, 03:10 PM
that makes it so different and drew me in for my first post?

The GG's. I thoroughly appreciate the balance, perspective or the reality you all bring. Thank you very much.

I personally struggle to reconcile the realities of what it means to be a woman as opposed to presenting as one. Being married for nearly forty years to the very understanding woman I love and watching her, like so many of the women in the couples we know, manage careers, being mothers, wifes and home makers, it's very clear to me, I don't measure up. Being a woman is very special. It's no wonder so many women struggle with those of us who seem to be working from an alacart menu.
I think being a woman is not so easy.
arleen

I understand where you're coming from, but you are mistaken to lump all women in as "special". There is a very large percentage of women who are far from perfect. Child abusers, for a start.

And I worry that you say you don't measure up. Says who? Physical gender does NOT dictate who can and who can't be a decent and loving person in this world.

Instead of idolizing women from afar, embrace those qualities you admire and reflect them back into the world. No one is stopping you, and we need more of exactly that, from both men and women, and those who are both.

You stand with a foot in both worlds, so you have an edge as far as I'm concerned. Don't sell yourself short! :angel:

Darlena
12-11-2005, 03:41 PM
I can speak for no one but myself when it comes to this topic. But as for me, I came to love women via my Mom firstly, (she gave me birth & nurturing) and then I took notice of certain movie stars as a toddler. I fell in love with their beauty, grace, charm, etc. I had Maralyn Monroe (my favorite to emulate), Lucille Ball, Tuesday Weld, Kim Novak, Barbara Eden, Elizabeth Montgomery, etc. as my feminine roll models. Now we have Jenna Elfman, Paris Hilton, Alicia Silverstone & the rest. Please don't dwell on the Cruella De Villes of this world or people will mistake you for a misogynist.:crying:Love & kisses, Darlena

GypsyKaren
12-11-2005, 03:52 PM
Hi Arleen

You know, if you love yourself for who you are, and your family and friends love you too, then I think you measure up just fine.

GypsyKaren

Daphne Renee
12-11-2005, 07:00 PM
I agree with susandrea .. There are men and women in this world who arent so great.There are loving caring individuals in both genders as well. You should just be the best person you know how to be.

arleen
12-12-2005, 08:39 AM
I am so appreciative of all your replies

Ricki B, thank you

Tammy :angel: {{}}

susandrea, Thank you for your thoughtful and supportive reply. I think you may be one of the special ones. :)

Admittedly, I may have a slightly distorted view of women and men. Truth is, I do know women I wouldn't view as role models but I also know many women that are so accomplished in either their personal life or professional life or both that I find it inspiring and humbling at the same time.

You are so right, I do have a foot in both worlds. As difficult as it has been sometimes, I think it has made me a better person. I am not uncomfortable with who I am but I do regret not having been able to do better at integrating both worlds into my life.

In my everyday life, I know I'm considered by others to be an unusually capable, kind, decent person but still, when it comes to my TG side, I feal I don't have the capacity to live up to the standards I've set for myself let alone function anywhere near the same level as many of the women I come in contact with and I suppose view as role models. All of which serves to undermine my own "feminine self esteem".

Darlena...........talk about role models!

Gypsy Karen, you are so kind.....thanks you!

Candy, "You should just be the best person you know how to be."
thank you, it is what I try to do every day.
arleen

Katie Ashe
12-12-2005, 09:51 AM
...that makes it so different and drew me in for my first post?
... I don't measure up. Being a woman is very special...I realized I wasn't alone anymore. I thought I was the only one. Many GG's here, put me in to believing, there is hope. I have resolved many internal problems here. Supporting each other is the best thing we can do.

One more time hey... :gh:

MelissaM
12-12-2005, 11:55 AM
My cd and I have had this discussion many times. Being female is not just putting on a skirt hose and heels. That's what being a CD is. Women have a completely different set of expectations placed on them. I'll admit, SOME of our clothing is more comfortable, but at the end of the day, I cannot understand why any male would want to be female. Look 'like' a female, sure.

Julia Cross
12-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi Melissa,

My girlfriend says the same thing...every month!

julia