PDA

View Full Version : Females seem to understand me best

andrea lace
03-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I was thinking today quite deeply and reflecting on my life.
And I came to a conclusion that I prefer women to men. I am not talking about women sexually but women in general.
Yes I have had and still have male friends, enjoy socializing and having a laugh and enjoying male banter. But when it boils down to it I much prefer the company of women to guys.
My wife and I have talked in great length on this subject and she is confused as to why. she thinks that women can be bitchy back biting people and prefers the company of males but she has a good network of female friends that are great at stuff like keeping in touch and getting together for all sorts of things.

When it comes to my male friends it comes down to one thing usually getting p****d having a night out end of story.
My wife says she envy's this as some women she knows and has known in the past, bitch behind each others backs and are really false.
She has a few friends that she is close to and says that's all she wants as women are complicated.

Apart from my wife who is my best friend in the world, my closest friend is female and the only other person I have told about my CDing (SO knows) and feel I could never tell any of my male friends.

What about you??????

Angela Campbell
03-10-2013, 06:48 PM
I do know several men, but do not really consider them friends. I have a few female friends and tend to gravitate in that direction. I think back and I always have. At family events I am with the ladies and girls never with the men. Growing up all my friends were girls. In most situations I just tolerate men and do not really want anything to do with them.

Then again when growing up I was never beat up by any of the girls. Maybe that is part of it.

Brenda456
03-10-2013, 07:31 PM
I prefer hanging out with women. Guys are so busy being macho, they miss the conversation and the fun.

Emily_Safford
03-10-2013, 07:32 PM
I find girls do "get" me more...then again I don't let many of my guy friends know about Emi. going out, there is nothing like my girl friends.

then again I don't think they get me as much as they admit...

Emi ^.~

Jenni Yumiko
03-10-2013, 07:38 PM
I can relate, my two best friends are female, one I dated 25 years ago and the other just gets me. Looking at my phone my top ten most often called and texted are all female. (Not including spouse and kids)
It is sad though when your friends enough with non best friends to be included in conversations on their flow this month or the fact that I was asked to be another's birthing partner.

S. Lisa Smith
03-10-2013, 08:10 PM
I have always related to women better than men. Not sure why, but I always have. At parties I am usually talking to the women.

FelicityMay
03-10-2013, 10:08 PM
i definitely have an easier time talking to females. I'm not really out of the closet yet, but the few friends ive dared telling are female. they seem to be more accepting of odd things, and occasionally will encourage you!

I Am Paula
03-10-2013, 10:40 PM
I only have female friends. That being, those you can have a real heart to heart with. Men can only communicate on a very basic and shallow level. My guess is they aren't as evolved, so must communicate with grunts, and hand gestures. My list who's company I enjoy (in descending order)-
My wife/my cat (tie)
Smart women
Academically challenged women
Jehovah's witnesses/telemarketers (tie)
Dogs
Men

jsunic_1978
03-10-2013, 11:30 PM
heck :) I much preffer associating with females anyhow. for thise of us still single we just never know. friendships can turn into something much more. Females overlook us as just being weird. They just know we are not shallow people, we have fun with our pumps and gear which is the healthy alternative to you know what... Evreytime I dress female i have a much better time just at the stores verses jeff at the bar! women really view men as just typical JERKS which makes it much harder for single men to meet a female. Im glad i am a croiss dresser, getting more comfortable with my self and getting out more.

Xandra
03-10-2013, 11:35 PM
Although I do have male friends, I have far more who are female. Prefer it that way. In fact, last night I told one of my close girlfriends about my CDing. It went well and we are closer as a result.

ArleneRaquel
03-10-2013, 11:37 PM
Alexandra,
That is great to hear hon. HUGZ !

noeleena
03-11-2013, 02:51 AM
Hi,

This depends on the person. theres allways two sides to every story. & each one will see things others dont in another person, it allso depends on how you see or percive that person, so we must see it in a way that allows for each one's difference,

I never related to men even though i have some wonderfull men friends, they are nice & its lovely to be around them , yet like yesterday i did not interact with some from our volunteer group who help at our Museum, i did say hi to a few, yet many i felt they did not wish to say hi, no matter, maybe they are reserved & dont like being in groups they dont know the others,
Another thing is they may not like being around women they dont know, == me.

Im a woman & how i interact with them is normal, my life revolves around them family, friends others i meet & of cause with in our groups, dare i say it im to intergrated now a part of our women. in so many ways .

Since we moved here to Wamate some 15 years ago, it has taken time its been hard in some ways yet im where im at home ,
Hey we will have our up's & down's ,yet, its our home now, & im a part of that,

...noeleena...

Beverley Sims
03-11-2013, 04:18 AM
I found a similar thing in as much as I have a far better affinity with women than men.
My interests being so different.
Women are the best thing since sliced bread, and I love them.
Men are just competition in my game of chasey.

Skyeyes
03-12-2013, 04:11 PM
I also have more female friends than male. I just find women are more interesting to talk to. With guys, it seems there isn't much to discuss after you talk about last weeks game.

Tracii G
03-12-2013, 04:18 PM
I tend to have an equal amount of friends gender wise but I get along with the girls better in a one on one environment.
I am more open with them than men.

Jamie001
03-12-2013, 06:09 PM
I tend to have an equal amount of friends gender wise but I get along with the girls better in a one on one environment.
I am more open with them than men.

Most men except for very few intellectuals are very judgmental and don't know how to communicate. Since my brain is more female than male, it really makes sense that 90 percent of my friends are women. Women know how to communicate and express their feelings while most men are simply running the macho act program.

Vanessa5
03-12-2013, 06:20 PM
I have almost no male friends. I have always been able to relate with women more and have befriended many. This does not always please my wife. I will say that my female friends tend to be more intellectual and better educated than my male aquaintances.

kimdl93
03-12-2013, 07:07 PM
I hav both male and female friends, but I am oblige to present a wholly different image to the male friends. I do fit in well with the girls and more than one has observed that I am like one of them. I took that as a compliment, of course.

Rebecca Watson
03-12-2013, 07:57 PM
Friends?! Who has time for friends (outside of Facebook)? Most of my awake time is devoted to work. Most academics I know work an unhealthy workload. Basically, if you're awake, you're working (holidays, Christmas, etc., there's still work to be done). If you don't work such an unhealthy workload, you're going to be trounced when applying for jobs by those who do. (This might sound bad, but we do it because we love our jobs!) The wife and kids usually take precedence over my spare time.

I might catch up with friends (for social reasons) maybe three or four times per year (when I'm in the same country). In the cases when I'm catching up with my friends (as opposed to "our" friends), they tend to be male. In some sense, aside from my wife, these are the people that "understand me best".

I generally avoid having "female friends" since I think it might make my wife uncomfortable (as in, I wouldn't actively seek to go out with a female friend).

My friends tend to be rather open-minded people, and are plenty interesting (and, come to think of it, pretty much all of them couldn't give a fig about sports). Probably this is the case because I wouldn't bother keeping in contact with closed-minded people.

- Becky

Jocelyn Quivers
03-12-2013, 08:19 PM
I guess I'm probably a little different in that most of my friends are male, I enjoy hanging out with them, and I'm more comfortable talking about life's problems and concerns with them. Even if I ever come completely out of the closet and enter the world en-femme I would still probably want to hang out with my guy friends and recieve all of the male bonding jokes consisting of me probably getting teased that I'm fat, I've gained weight, my make up and hair looks like crap, "are you gay??" and all of the numerous questions about my lifestyle. I guess this would serve my hidden desire to be the center of attention.

Most of my female friends consist of family members, whom I enjoy spending time with and getting a female perspective.

jsunic_1978
03-15-2013, 07:12 PM
I never have any troubble with females at all when im dressed. Its a lot of fun when im out en fem while im shopping. Its not for sexual grattifacation anymore nor im trying to look for a bi sexual female nor a transgender to date. This has nothing to do with dating period. I really enjoy the complements on my make up and my choices of clothes by other females. I think if I just dress often enough, I can really make some real friends. The problem with jeff (me in drabb), I think jeff intimmandatiaes women. I dont know that it is thats so intimmanating. Im just out for a coffee as jeff, not looking for any inneraction at all. when jeff sees a femle looking his way, he sais hello and she just grinns laughing uncontroably or she just gives the cold shoulder. When im jen, I have real conversations and connect better with females as jen. Im not a female, no matter how well i present, im still a man. I feel like one of the girls when i get all dolled up. Jen needs more time out and just let people in hers and jeffs circle. any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Rachel Morley
03-15-2013, 07:34 PM
A lot of what you wrote rings bells with me too. I have had non cding male friends in the past but I was never close to any of them and there was no way in hell I was going to tell them about my cding. These days I'm older, I'm married, and while I do have male acquaintances at work I can't honestly say any of them are my friends. The coworkers I converse with and share some of the things that are going on in my life are all women. There are three women in particular that I am friends with at work and would have no problem socializing with them outside of work. The same cannot be said for my male coworkers. I have no non cding male friends outside of work either. "Going out with the guys" or even hanging out with my cding friends in boy mode is just something I have no desire to do. Now hanging out with the women ... ah .... that's different. I'll happily do that in either mode.

GeminaRenee
03-15-2013, 08:04 PM
Ah, good, I was hoping this thread could be peppered with a little female chauvinism. :doh:

This whole notion of guys are this, this, and that is narrow-minded and insulting. And really, the women are perfect and can do no wrong thing is pretty insipid, too. Maybe you are just seeing what you want to see in certain groups of people. There is so much complaining about stereotyping of what it means to be cd/ts/tg in this forum, yet here are some members painting other groups with that same broad, ugly brush. You get what you give, I guess.

I for one have plenty of male friends who don't fit the same silly mold being espoused here. My two closest guy friends are straight guys who aren't macho at at all, are profoundly caring, make for great conversational partners, and are people with whom I can share anything. Beyond that, I know plenty of guys who are better than you would describe. Even some of the more 'macho' ones are still capable of having conversations about feelings and other supposedly atypical guy topics. Sure, there are plenty of guys out there who do fit the macho prototype.

But, as no-one ever seems to mention around here, I have met plenty of women who generally suck as people and are absolute misery dispensers to those around them. It's not because they are female. It's just because they're not very thoughtful, and don't know how to treat others. Just like those guys who are jackwagons.

And while you're busy insulting the male population, remember that many people here are males, are happy to be males, don't want to be female, and probably don't fit the stereotypes levied here. I will raise my hand as one of them.

What's so hard about being tolerant?

As far as the topic at hand is concerned, I can't say I prefer the company of one gender vs. the other. I do recall a time in my life where I had mostly women for friends, and I thought it was the greatest thing since apple pie. Well, until I discovered the meaning of the word 'catty,' anyways.

Nowadays, things are pretty balanced. I relate to both males and females, generally speaking, and I would say I have equal numbers of friends. Among my closest friends, of whom I have four, two are male and two are female. All are paragons of how to be a decent human being, in my opinion. And all of them know about this side of me and still accept me.

People are best judged on a case by case basis, IMHO.

jsunic_1978
03-15-2013, 09:15 PM
I do not mean to offend. I thank you for he comments. what i have just gained from hese last couple of comments about my self, to macho isnt good and neither is overly sentisive. I guess my cross dressing (for my self) kind of ballances out the two. I have just came out in the open with this only 4 years ago. I WISH I HAVE MUCH SOONER :) At work, I dont think anyone knows, but most, if not all in my social circle ae females. They just choose to talk, laugh n joke with and work with me. IM NOT COMPLINING AT ALL LOL :) As a kid growing up, I wasnt athletic, not real macho, but i was and still tough in my own ways. I supressed this side of me for way too long and i really had trouble relating with evreyone, male and female. certain places we can open up. the places where it is best just not to give the slighest clue, in my experience so far, Im gaing respect from evreyone. Im becomming happier with my own self, which is all new to me and im still sorting evreything else oui. GREA REPLIES. I LOVE EM1 Im so glad i am on this fourm. thanks again, to evreyone :)

Nikki A.
03-16-2013, 03:56 PM
Most if not all of the people who know Nikki are females or are CDs or TS. A few of my male coworkers may suspect or at least kid me about it (Halloween outfits).
I have been out with more females aand they do seem to understand me more. As I come out to more and more people it seems that women get it.

mexdresser
03-17-2013, 12:42 AM
I probably tend to have more female friends than male. For my whole life it's been that way, not really sure why because I don't see myself as a girl, just a guy that likes dressing up in womens clothes periodically.